ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 139
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Megatron96 12:29 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yet another way the Chiefs are way different than the Giants.
I keep thinking about how Andy's philosophy has always been "be you, the best version of you." Andy wants his players to express themselves on the field, and the players repeat this mantra as well in pressers all the time.

From that perspective, Toney is an obvious fit in Andy's offense, because Kad is a virtuoso expressing himself on a football field. IMHO, of course.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:32 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I finally got around to watching this interview and the more I read and listen about Toney, the more excited I get for his potential here in this offense. That interview was really good and if it’s truthful, we have a true badass in this kid.

I’ve said it before, but I get Tyreek vibes from him with the way he talks, moves and how competitive he is.

Let’s all hope he stays focused and he makes KC his home for the next 6-7 years and helps this offense become truly historic.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:38 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do keep coming back to DeSean Jackson.

Jackson was a monster in space. It feels like a lazy comparison due to the Andy Reid connection, but I can't come up with anyone else better.

Here's my biggest worry - by FAR. This passing game is hugely dependent on timing. And Toney does some weird shit in his routes. He cuts off the wrong leg. He throws in a dead leg or some weird hesi step to get DBs off balance. He does one extra juke than seems necessary.

I don't know how a QB can possibly throw to a spot with him because there's seemingly no consistency to when or how he throws those moves in there.

I can't figure out how him and Mahomes can get their timing synched up. So I think for pretty much this entire season, he'll need to be a guy who's schemed into space as a 3rd read when a play breaks down, someone who has designed quick hitters and someone who acts as a decoy.

I just don't think there's a chance we get him dialed into the timing of this offense on the fly. He's just so different in how he moves out there.
He kinda eluded to the aspect of him needing to be responsible to be where he’s supposed to be to get more opportunities.

This offense requires its WRs to know what defense is being ran against them so they can make sight adjustments to their option routes on the fly to take advantage of opportunity yards. When asked specifically if other WRs have talked to him about what Pat likes in those situations, Toney seemed to have fun with the answer.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:27 PM 11-08-2022
looked like the smallest kid on the playground pokin the schoolyard bully in the butt with a stick before scampering away :-)

I’ll do a full Eye in the Sky when I’m done with the tape. But this play by Kadarius Toney must be shared. He is already willing to do his part for the play. Chip’s Bud Dupree. Mahomes and Kelce find space to work and Toney sprints over to help Kelce up. Good debut for Toney. pic.twitter.com/b5fa0MNpan

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) November 8, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:29 PM 11-08-2022
Warmed my heart to see him help Mahomes up after one of his scrambles. Dude is trying.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:38 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Warmed my heart to see him help Mahomes up after one of his scrambles. Dude is trying.
toney the house elf

when will veach present him with clothing to set him free?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 11-08-2022
You can tell the kid is playing his ass off and truly wants to be here.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:40 PM 11-08-2022
You can tell the kid is playing his ass off and truly wants to be here.
Yup. You can tell by the little things that dude is all-in.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yup. You can tell by the little things that dude is all-in.
Exactly. By focusing on doing those little things, he's actually addressing the biggest concern he had coming in - that he doesn't really want to play football.

It's pretty obvious, even after one game and limited snaps, that he indeed does want to play football. Just not for the Giants.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:46 PM 11-08-2022
Can anyone blame him for the change of attitude? Look at what he had to go through in New York.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:56 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Can anyone blame him for the change of attitude? Look at what he had to go through in New York.
He's got a fantastic head coach and QB now. Both in terms of ability (we all know what Jones is) and in terms of temperament and demeanor (Daboll may well be a good coach but he's an old school disciplinarian).

It's not surprising that he wanted out of a city that's been infected with Patriot Way for his entire career.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:59 PM 11-08-2022
He's got a fantastic head coach and QB now. Both in terms of ability (we all know what Jones is) and in terms of temperament and demeanor (Daboll may well be a good coach but he's an old school disciplinarian).

It's not surprising that he wanted out of a city that's been infected with Patriot Way for his entire career.
You know Daboll is a pain in the ass to deal with. He came into New York and anyone who didn't bow to him became an issue.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:01 PM 11-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You know Daboll is a pain in the ass to deal with. He came into New York and anyone who didn't bow to him became an issue.
Yeah, he's a "my way or the highway" guy. He was an asshole when he worked here but then again, we were infected with Patriot Way at the time.

It's a blight on football. Everywhere they go, they bring bullshit with them.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:33 PM 11-09-2022
Yeah, he's a "my way or the highway" guy. He was an asshole when he worked here but then again, we were infected with Patriot Way at the time.

It's a blight on football. Everywhere they go, they bring bullshit with them.
Yeah, it definitely seems like they are a group where you better work harder than they expect or you're gone coupled with "I have square holes and I'm going to get square plugs, talent be damned."
[Reply]
-King- 10:01 PM 11-09-2022
What are you guys referring to? I don't know of any issues with Daboll in NY
[Reply]
Page 91 of 139
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up