Page 91 of 112
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:06 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I know this is the narrative, but it's been much better the last 7 games, and wasn't ever nearly as bad as folks were saying.
I agree that we've gotten improved play from OBJ over the last several weeks.

But Wylie is still pretty awful (the Raiders game was arguably his worst of the year) and frankly the OT play was EXACTLY as bad as folks were saying over the first half of the season. It was some of the worst T play in the league.

The biggest frustration I've had with our OT play is the nature of the losses they take. I don't mind an OT losing a rep - that happens and we have a QB that can deal with it. But man, when those guys are off, they lose FAST. And it's because both of them have athletic limitations that don't allow them to recover if the make a mistake with their technique.

Peak Fisher is still the best example of a 'solid' OT who has a perfect skill set for what we do. When he lost, he was still athletic enough that he rarely just got left lunging at air and losing the rep immediately and completely.
[Reply]
srvy 09:31 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I know this is the narrative, but it's been much better the last 7 games, and wasn't ever nearly as bad as folks were saying.
Yes it was and is my single biggest worry into the postseason. Patrick covers for them a lot but postseason they can kill you. Two years ago should tell you how important those cornerstones are in the postseason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:19 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Peak Fisher is still the best example of a 'solid' OT who has a perfect skill set for what we do. When he lost, he was still athletic enough that he rarely just got left lunging at air and losing the rep immediately and completely.
I still will never accept Fisher slander from folks around this place. It amazes me there are still people who criticize his time here.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:31 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I still will never accept Fisher slander from folks around this place. It amazes me there are still people who criticize his time here.
Some people refuse to budge on their opinions. He was the #1 pick in what many considered a weak draft and ended up being far better than Joeckel (who many wanted). He wasn’t the second coming of Roaf and was viewed by way too many as a bust based on his draft position. He greatly improved and I firmly believe his loss cost us the SB vs TB. Most realized that he was a solid LT for us. Only a few refused to budge on their dislike of him.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:36 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Is there anyone left? That was a fucking garbage draft class. Joekyl who was supposed to be a lock lasted what? 30 games?

Plus he was fucking good and we won the bowl. And we surely would have won 2 if his wheels didn’t come apart.

I’d say in todays team anyone that doesn’t appreciate Fisher is just being obtuse.

Especially when you go back and look at his salary numbers.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 08:46 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Cook and Skyy have both flashed. Chenal looks destined to be the starting SAM for a while.

Nazee Johnson looks good on special teams.

Out of 10 players only Kinnard has yet to do anything. That's amazing.
Veach is the best GM and I don't even see how it's a question at this point.

But Pickens and Tariq Woolen were my two MUST DRAFT players this year and damned if Woolen wasn't still on the board when Veach took Kinnard. Haunts me to this day, Woolen was the single most intriguing player in the draft for me. Liked Joshua Williams too, but man Woolen had the same build but with blazing speed. Imagine throwing him in the mix with McDuffie, Watson, and Williams.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:33 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

But Pickens and Tariq Woolen were my two MUST DRAFT players this year and damned if Woolen wasn't still on the board when Veach took Kinnard. Haunts me to this day, Woolen was the single most intriguing player in the draft for me. Liked Joshua Williams too, but man Woolen had the same build but with blazing speed. Imagine throwing him in the mix with McDuffie, Watson, and Williams.
It looks like those two might have been better picks at this moment but it looks like Veach still hit a home run by stealing McDuffie from Buffalo and snagging Karlaftis in the same round.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:47 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Is there anyone left? That was a ****ing garbage draft class. Joekyl who was supposed to be a lock lasted what? 30 games?

Plus he was ****ing good and we won the bowl. And we surely would have won 2 if his wheels didn’t come apart.

I’d say in todays team anyone that doesn’t appreciate Fisher is just being obtuse.

Especially when you go back and look at his salary numbers.
Lane Johnson is and was better and is still playing....
[Reply]
JPH83 05:45 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:

The Williams over Woolen whiff was a bad one, but a LOT of teams passed that guy up repeatedly, so I guess we weren't the only ones. Just a shame who we picked given we were after that CB. Can't win them all.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:00 AM 01-10-2023
A legit SB contender has 9 drafted rookies on it, with 7 playing significant roles.

That's pretty incredible.
[Reply]
stevieray 07:20 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A legit SB contender has 9 drafted rookies on it, with 7 playing significant roles.

That's pretty incredible.
IIRC, aren't we also the youngest team in the league?

I mean, just wow.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:34 AM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by stevieray:
IIRC, aren't we also the youngest team in the league?

I mean, just wow.
If not the youngest, easily one of them. That is just an unbelievable feat. As long as Mahomes stays healthy and we have Andy, this team will be one of the best year in and year out. Plus with how well Veach drafts we will be able to continually restock the team on both sides with quality talent which is very hard drafting 28 or higher every year.
[Reply]
tmax63 09:45 AM 01-10-2023
Veach did an amazing job last year in the draft. Not enough superlatives to cover it. I just hope that this year when he only nets 3-4-5 players who turn out that people don't cuss and call for his head. 7 rookies playing big minutes well is a unicorn draft.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:53 AM 01-10-2023
The fact that the Chiefs could just bring everyone back and be better next year due to experience is pretty awesome.

Then, you factor in that we'll almost certainly upgrade at least one of the OTs (replace both, but at least one will be better than what we have today), add more bodies to the DL, and possibly even get better at WR…damn.

We’re already a great team…but this team can get so much better.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:03 AM 01-10-2023
Veach has done an amazing job.

He has created some great roster stability, which is key. At this point I think he can take some mid to late round picks and trying to fill in some key areas of need. For example, this team needs a kick returner in the worse way. We are using our #1 RB to return kickoffs and a top WR to return punts. Its not the worse thing in the world, but it would make sense to spend a 4-6 round pick on a kid like Charlie Jones who could return kicks starting on day one and provide depth at WR. Now I have no clue on where that kid will get drafted, but my point is there are areas of the roster where you can still find a nice landing spot for a rookie.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 112
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101 > Last »
Up