Page 91 of 142
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Patriots
cmh6476 01:38 PM 01-13-2019
too soon?
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 09:29 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by RobertWeathers:
Stop. I never said it wasn't an advantage. My point is it doesn't have a direct impact on the actual outcome of a game.

Note: Whomever said Gronk is better than Kelce is an idiot.
Which is objectively and empirically false...
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 09:31 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is this a serious question?

Ask Elway

https://youtu.be/n3Csj3xJmwI
Championship NFL teams use silent counts when appropriate.

Elway and the Broncos offense was not prepared.

Being unprepared to play a game is the the same thing as playing poorly.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 09:31 AM 01-17-2019
Good debate regardless.
Hasn't really been a debate. I've been providing evidence to back up what is an otherwise self-evident truth.

You've just been denying it...
[Reply]
Pats59-1 09:32 AM 01-17-2019
Pats are 59-1 in the BB/Brady Era with a 100 yard rusher.

Discuss:
[Reply]
bobbything 09:33 AM 01-17-2019
While the game is being played what is the advantage?
You honestly don't think that things like crowd noise, travel, weather, field conditions...you don't think these things, and the home team being far more comfortable with them, are important nor affect the game itself?

For real?
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 09:33 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Hasn't really been a debate. I've been providing evidence to back up what is an otherwise self-evident truth.

You've just been denying it...
So have I and you've ignored those as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:34 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by Pats59-1:
Pats are 59-1 in the BB/Brady Era with a 100 yard rusher.

Discuss:
Not relevant. Past history does not count per the rules established by your fellow Patriot fans.
[Reply]
Pats59-1 09:35 AM 01-17-2019
Championship NFL teams use silent counts when appropriate.

Elway and the Broncos offense was not prepared.

Being unprepared to play a game is the the same thing as playing poorly.
Kelce is not going to the Hall of Fame.

Chung likes to cover Kelce. Gronk will have more of an impact in the game AGAIN over Kelce.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 09:36 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by bobbything:
You honestly don't think that things like crowd noise, travel, weather, field conditions...you don't think these things, and the home team being far more comfortable with them, are important nor affect the game itself?

For real?
Good teams deal with crowd noise. Unprepared teams don't.

Travel is not a HFA. Its travel.

Field conditions, weather are not HFA. They are actual game conditions which certainly can impact the outcome of a game.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 09:36 AM 01-17-2019

Chung likes to cover Kelce. Gronk will have more of an impact in the game AGAIN over Kelce.
And Pats fans wonder why we don't care to engage them in serious conversation... lol
[Reply]
Pats59-1 09:36 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Not relevant. Past history does not count per the rules established by your fellow Patriot fans.
It's not relevant that if Brady has a good run game, to get to playaction, as the best playaction QB in NFL history, that it's not relevant to a zone D by Bob Sutton and one that could become overwhelmed by a balanced offense?

I beg to differ.
[Reply]
RobertWeathers 09:36 AM 01-17-2019

Gronk isn't what he was bro.
[Reply]
bostonhardo 09:37 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Patriots got destroyed in Jacksonville earlier this year, so even on the road in less hostile environments you acknowledge the Patriots have struggled this season.
I don't think that game has any bearing on the current team. The Pats under BB are always a different team at the start of the year and at the end. It may be that being in such a shitty division has allowed them to use early season games as an extention of preseason. I honestly don't know but it happens year after year. They try different guys in different roles and finds what works best.

Of the top of my head I can think of three guys who were starting on D and are now playing minimally and not due to injury. Jonathan Jones, Adrian Clayborn and Dannie Shelton.

Look at the last time the Pats were in KC. They got blasted. Look how the season ended up with a Lombardi.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:37 AM 01-17-2019
He's on pace to blow past Gronk in all of the key statistical categories for a TE.

So does that mean Gronk is not going to the HOF either?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:39 AM 01-17-2019
Originally Posted by bostonhardo:
I don't think that game has any bearing on the current team. The Pats under BB are always a different team at the start of the year and at the end.
So the Patriots going 0-2 on the road in December... i.e. their most recent road games... i.e. losses to two non playoff teams has no bearing on the current team?
[Reply]
Page 91 of 142
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up