ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 173
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Motorcycle Discussion Thread
Dayze 11:41 AM 06-07-2013
I figure there are some motorcycle guys/gals on CP, so I thought we could have a place to talk all things Motorcycles.

Tire Mount and Balance Prices (as of 10/29/16)

Prices based on if you remove the wheels yourself and bring the wheels and new tires with you:

Cycle Gear - $35 per wheel if you buy tires from them. $58 per wheel if you buy tires elsewhere
Rawhide - $65 per wheel (assuming it would be the same at other HD dealers. they book it at 1/2 hr per wheel)
C R Cycle Tires (DeSoto) - $30 per wheel

Cheapest I've found my Michelin Commander II's. Seem like they have good prices on other brands too.
http://www.jakewilson.com - Free 3 day shipping on orders over $75
[Reply]
Dayze 07:28 AM 09-25-2014
Yeah, Isle of Mann would be so epic. every now and again during the year, my wife will ask "is that race where the guys fly through small towns going to be on TV again soon"? lol. she 'll end up watching hours of it with me. She particularly likes watching the side-cars. all those riders are nuts, but the side-car guys are an extra special kind of crazy.

I especially love watching it the last few years. their coverage, cameras, technology have really improved. seeing some of the high-speed photography of those bikes is incredible.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:53 AM 09-25-2014
Originally Posted by seaofred:
It's just about 4 blocks away from the one I bought my bike at. They just opened an Indian dealership and moved the Victory dealership there. In acuality, it's about 4 blocks closer to me, I'm just worried about the service department and possibly all being new.
Will they have the same mechanics or is it completely new staff..Victory is actually pretty easy to work on..really simple to service..so it should be pretty easy for anybody who has worked on bikes before
[Reply]
seaofred 09:12 AM 09-25-2014
Luckily, the place I bought my bike is still doing service, Until the Indian Service Dept. gets up and running. So I'll be able to take it back to the dealership I bought it at. For now anyway.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:57 AM 09-29-2014
BBB in Fayetteville was awesome. The Rally itself was packed, and I had enough of it after about 2 hours. But the rides.....oh my, the rides were awesome. Nearly every road in every direction was miles and miles of curves.

We rode, among others, Pig Trail and Devils Den. Had a rider in our room get bit by the Pig Trail and went down. Low side wreck. He wasn't wearing a helmet, and only suffered a mild concussion. Though, that event sort of zapped all the fun from the day. I didn't see the wreck, but I'm sure speed was a major factor as he was running pretty hard with other guys from our group, whereas my brother and I were enjoying the scenery and getting some pictures.

That entire area down there is beautiful and is a must ride for anyone who can get there.
[Reply]
Scorp 01:19 PM 09-29-2014
Sounds like fun riding. Yeah I don't really like the huge rally scene either. I stayed in Sturgis for maybe 6 hours. The rest of the time I was riding. Watch this layover. Some guys are just not meant to be on two wheels.

[Reply]
Dayze 02:02 PM 09-29-2014
Lol. Hope he enjoyed totaling his probably $25k street glide.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:25 AM 09-30-2014
still working on getting some of my pictures of my actual camera, but I grabbed a few from my phone.

such a great trip. hopefully I'll get down there again more than once a year to ride the outstanding roads.

[Reply]
seaofred 11:38 AM 09-30-2014
Wish I was able to get away this last weekend and go on a ride with you guys. It's pretty nice down in that area.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:41 AM 09-30-2014
one of guys in our group and I swapped bikes from Ozark AR, back up to Fayetteville.

yeah.....so, I remember why I didn't want to ride a street glide lol. Just proved my theory that I'd want one after riding one.

when we stopped in Fayetteville, he got off of my bike and said "man....if I'm ever getting a 2nd bike, it's a 72. this thing ****ing rips! I love how I can just roll the throttle and jump right to 100mph" lol.

the SG was awesome. my lord, I could chew up some serious miles with that thing.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:38 AM 10-01-2014
grabbed some pictures off of the camera.

managed to manually grind down one of my pipes on the curves lol. oops. I grind my pegs often, but this 'grinding' sound, sounded a bit different lol.

in photography, 'perspective' is everything. I have a keen eye for perspective.

[Reply]
Scorp 08:51 AM 10-01-2014
Yeah you can rack up some serious miles quick on the SG, but damn that picture you posted makes me miss my Night Train.
[Reply]
Dayze 08:57 AM 10-01-2014
I've managed to get about 7k miles on my sporty, right at a year (as of the 28th). I would guess I would be looking at at 12k+ in that same time if I had a SG (or something equivelant)
[Reply]
Graystoke 09:57 AM 10-03-2014
Well its official.
Ducati released the 2015 Scrambler.
DO WANT.
I grew up with these things.
There are 4 Scrambler models to choose from.

http://scramblerducati.com/en

I decided I like the Urban Enduro and contacted the Ducati Dealership in Des Moines. Price at $9,995.

These Scramblers are going to blow Triumph Scramblers away. And I am a huge Triumph Fan.
[Reply]
Dayze 06:29 PM 10-03-2014
Wheelie machine.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 08:56 AM 10-21-2014
New bars, grips and levers done
[Reply]
Page 91 of 173
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up