ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 185
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
staylor26 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm just saying, he isn't turned and appears to go thru the wr when the ball arrives.
We get it, you're an idiot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He looked primed for a big night in the 1st couple of drives of the Raiders game. Hell the whole line looked like it was.

And then the weird shit started happening, like Frank Clark suddenly leaving to have diarrhea.
Yeah....Clark leaving and Wharton getting hurt kind of fucked everything up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Guessing it had something to do with adjusting blocking assignments to create blitz lanes.

I mean it's not impossible that Spags had them 2-gapping in the 2nd half? Herring isn't explosive but he's fairly strong. You could use Jones as a 3-tech and still get pressure with him while using Herring/Karlaftis as a sort of Nascar style intermittent 2-gap setup that could keep the OL guessing and create better blitz lanes...

Just thinking out loud.
It's as good of an explanation as any. If that's the case, though it hurt more than it helped IMO.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How the **** was he supposed to turn his head? That shit was way underthrown.
Yup if a WR jumps over or into a DB then DPI should be nullified right there On the spot.

That’s rewarding a shitty off target throw by the QB.
[Reply]
-King- 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Yeah, Crosby just wore down, you could see it happen.

I don't think Karlaftis has been bad, he's been fine. But like you said, this was always what he was probably gonna be and why I think you need someone opposite him that isn't Frank Clark
You need a speed rusher on the other side of Karlaftis.
[Reply]
-King- 09:51 AM 10-12-2022
Yeah, Crosby just wore down, you could see it happen.

I don't think Karlaftis has been bad, he's been fine. But like you said, this was always what he was probably gonna be and why I think you need someone opposite him that isn't Frank Clark
[Reply]
jd1020 09:52 AM 10-12-2022
I'm just saying, he isn't turned and appears to go thru the wr when the ball arrives.
When the ball arrives? At that point he's allowed to blow him the fuck up so what is your point?
[Reply]
O.city 09:52 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
We get it, you're an idiot.
When the ball arrives he doesn't have his head turned and the WR makes contact.

I agree, it's bullshit, but in today's NFL that's PI. Like it or not.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:52 AM 10-12-2022
Even if they reviewed, it's still gonna be called with rules being what they are. It's a bad rule.

They'd say the CB impeded the WR to the ball I'm sure.
And that shit needs to change. If you can go back and review those...and see that the ball was so underthrown that the WR had no clear shot at it....it should be overturned.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:53 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yep.

For all of the talk about pressures and win rates (Karlaftis is plus in both categories), Dunlap is currently one of the worst in the league.
[Reply]
O.city 09:53 AM 10-12-2022
And that shit needs to change. If you can go back and review those...and see that the ball was so underthrown that the WR had no clear shot at it....it should be overturned.
I don't know how you could determine the WR had no shot at it though?
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:56 AM 10-12-2022
Yeah, the rule has to change. As it stands, the rule states that a WR has the right to fight back to an under thrown ball and if he has to go through a defender to do it, it's DPI. They even talked about it on the telecast.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:56 AM 10-12-2022
I don't know how you could determine the WR had no shot at it though?
That's going to vary from play to play.

Question for you though. Why is it DPI if the DB doesn't get his head turned? In what universe is that some catch all? As long as he doesn't shove the WR away from the ball or impeded him from coming back....what does it matter?

Carr underthrew the ball and that catch would have been hard as fuck for Adams if Watson wasn't there. It's a stupid fucking call.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:02 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think that’s gonna be Veach’s focus next Spring. Especially with Wharton tearing his ACL.

Assuming Clark is gone that would leave Karlaftis, Danna (in a contract year) and Chris Jones (contract year but will most likely get an extension of some sort) as our rushers on the roster.

Would really like to get a pass rusher in FA, use a pick in the 1st rd and another in the 3rd or 4th to bolster that position.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:03 AM 10-12-2022
It's as good of an explanation as any. If that's the case, though it hurt more than it helped IMO.
Maybe - but the blitzes were pretty effective. The Harris sack being the most obvious but I can think of at least 2 other plays where pressure from a blitzing player blew up the play.

And given how ineffective our rush was only sending 4, you may just be talking about picking from the best of bad options. I can see the value in flipping to an odd front, bringing pressure from varied blitzers and trying to wrong-foot them since it's not something they've seen on tape.

Confusing Carr would've been a good way to force a mistake. But he played a smart game.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 10-12-2022
Yeah, the rule has to change. As it stands, the rule states that a WR has the right to fight back to an under thrown ball and if he has to go through a defender to do it, it's DPI. They even talked about it on the telecast.
Yeah, there needs to be an exception for when the defender has established his space. Watson didn't do anything to further impede Adams - he simply held the space he'd clearly established and Adams treated him like he thought he was a camera guy...
[Reply]
Page 91 of 185
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up