ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 91 of 157
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:02 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Yea, X had a great game. Hit 4 straight from deep to get the Cats off to a quick start.
He fouled out with like under 5 to go, too, I think, and I thought UK would pull it out as a result because he was torching the defense all night.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:08 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I find more joy in the fact that Kentucky lost than Kansas losing. Rams Fan is such a shit talker and 1 of 3 Rams fans. . At least kU fans can talk shit because they go to the tournament every year and won a title in the last decade (last year). Shit Missouri has as many NCAA tourney wins as Kentucky does since the 2019-2020 season.

Calipari is a skeeze ball and absolutely shitty coach. The dude has been a top 5 preseason ranking 11 out of 14 seasons and only been a 1 seed 3 times. He's gotten 1 NC outta that and missed the tourney twice. The guy just riding those Kentucky coat tails. Getting all these 5 star kids and doing nothing pretty much every single year.

I just love to see shitty Rams Fan squirm around trying to claim superiority over everyone.

Bill Self can coach and John Calipari can't.
If you're going to try to experience schadenfreude from me, you'll have to do a better job.

The only person who I will acknowledge that does a good job at consistently generating said responses and reactions from me are PB, who I will give a 10/10 on the PB scale.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:10 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
We can agree to disagree. That team was loaded, yes (Cousins and Wall), but I am a bit more lenient since it was Cal's first team and he also had the remnants of Gillespie's roster.

I think Cal's a victim of his own success-his first 5 years aren't sustainable. I think it's possible he wins at least 1 more title before he leaves UK and next year's roster might be his best chance at it.

On a somewhat unrelated note that's tangentially related to shooting woes of 2010, as it was before my time in the 80's, but I was unaware of the historically awful shooting performance UK was a victim of in the 1984 Final Four vs Georgetown in the second half. They had a 7 point lead before losing by 13. They went 3/33 from the field in the second half. That's insane!

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Sta...eorgetown.html
Georgetown played incredible defense in that era. They were man to man and horses in the front court obviously. As I remember that game, Kentucky kept missing a s soon just lost all confidence in everything. Scored 11 points in the second half.
GU was just that good.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:11 PM 03-19-2023
Bad beat of the century at the end of Zaga/TCU.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:13 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Bad beat of the century at the end of Zaga/TCU.
What happened?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:16 PM 03-19-2023
What happened?

BAD BEAT ALL-TIMER! GONZAGA WAS -4.5 VS TCU! 🏀💸 #MarchMadness pic.twitter.com/vr7Uniel6C

— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:16 PM 03-19-2023
What happened?

Prayers up to anyone who had their bets messed up because of this shot pic.twitter.com/QW8bxCTze4

— Gifdsports (@gifdsports) March 20, 2023

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:17 PM 03-19-2023
If you're going to try to experience schadenfreude from me, you'll have to do a better job.

The only person who I will acknowledge that does a good job at consistently generating said responses and reactions from me are PB, who I will give a 10/10 on the PB scale.
The “PB scale” cannot be duplicated. Replicated. Officiated, prostrated, inebriated, even masturbated.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:20 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The “PB scale” cannot be duplicated. Replicated. Officiated, prostrated, inebriated, even masturbated.
:-)

Killed it.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:29 PM 03-19-2023
I need to let this simmer for a bit before I can decide if this is worse than 2018 or not.

2018 I had low expectations going into the season given the personnel and would’ve been happy if you told me before the season they’d make the Sweet 16. Arizona losing to Buffalo cleared UK’s path to get there (they would’ve gotten destroyed by Ayton).

I remember Kansas St. getting to like a 13-1 lead with no one doing anything worth a shit for Kentucky other than PJ Washington (who was UK’s best player but had an atrocious night from the line) and SGA(who didn’t do much the first 10 minutes of the game). And I remember Xavier Sneed having a great game. And Quade Green taking a horrible 3 at the end.

This team was much more inconsistent and I don’t think had as much high-end talent. Kansas St. was also better than they were in 2018. And UK was competing in-spite of two of their starters being horrendous from the field.
Lololololol what? Kentucky was 2nd in the 2018 preseason poll, but ole basketball knowledge extraordinaire Rams Fan knew better. He knew that expectations should be low for a team with 9/11 of the players being top 35 guys and 5 being top 18 guys. No way would you could expect better than sweet 16 with that type of personnel, 6 future NBA guys and 4 1st round draft picks. No way would anyone have high expectations when you're ranked 2nd before the season.

Or maybe

He knew to not have excitement for top 5 preseason rankings because he'd been burned too many times by Calipari and Kentucky.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:37 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Lololololol what? Kentucky was 2nd in the 2018 preseason poll, but ole basketball knowledge extraordinaire Rams Fan knew better. He knew that expectations should be low for a team with 9/11 of the players being top 35 guys and 5 being top 18 guys. No way would you could expect better than sweet 16 with that type of personnel, 6 future NBA guys and 4 1st round draft picks. No way would anyone have high expectations when you're ranked 2nd before the season.

Or maybe

He knew to not have excitement for top 5 preseason rankings because he'd been burned too many times by Calipari and Kentucky.
I had friends who worked in athletics during that time period who warned me in the fall when practice started about what to expect and told me to temper my expectations.

Additionally:
-SGA was not the starting PG to begin the season. He was a 4* recruit who was initially supposed to be a multi-year player.
-Washington was forced to play the 5 (a position that he can play but it isn't his best position) instead of the 4
-Vanderbilt was hurt the majority of the season and missed the tournament
-They had to replace 3 lottery picks in one recruiting cycle immediately. The 2016-2017 team was arguably one of Cal's most talented teams since he's been at UK.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:44 PM 03-19-2023
That UK board. Hahahahaha.

They hate us purplebloods.<—- new NCAA MBB class.
I wondered why the Rafters were upset with Tang. Now I know.

Post game

Q) “Being in the program and ya know first year, and you beat a program like Kentucky and now you’re going to NY to play in the S16..

A) “Well, you know, we have a program that’s rich in tradition too and you know… I mean all them old dudes that played for Kentucky? They ain’t coming back (to play in this game). I mean tradition doesn’t help you if you don’t get out there on the floor and play with some dudes.

It really upset some guy who calls himself (not kidding) “Buddy”.

Buddy’s upset.

Sorry “Buddy”.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:44 PM 03-19-2023
Also, man, where is RustShack at?

Misery needs company.
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:45 PM 03-19-2023
I wondered why the Rafters were upset with Tang. Now I know.

Post game

Q) “Being in the program and ya know first year, and you beat a program like Kentucky and now you’re going to NY to play in the S16..

A) “Well, you know, we have a program that’s rich in tradition too and you know… I mean all them old dudes that played for Kentucky? They ain’t coming back (to play in this game). I mean tradition doesn’t help you if you don’t get out there on the floor and play with some dudes.

It really upset some guy who calls himself (not kidding) “Buddy”.

Buddy’s upset.

Sorry “Buddy”.
What a great response.

Shorter version "Look man, I think its great that they used to be great." :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 10:45 PM 03-19-2023
Rams, you’re a good cat.
[Reply]
Page 91 of 157
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141 > Last »
Up