ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 110
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
treeguy27 12:47 PM 02-16-2024
I'm sure those chargers are just the beginning. They had to charge them with something to continue to hold them. Earlier it was reported that a family court judge has to determine whether they can be charged as adults. I imagine that process is happening now and they'll file more charges based on how that decision plays out.

Hopefully they get tp charge them as adults, if they go through the process as juveniles I imagine their sentences will be light.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:50 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
If they aren't charged for murder, I'll kill those little ****ers.

They won;t be charged with murder until the judge rules if they can be tried as adults or not.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:03 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by treeguy27:
I'm sure those chargers are just the beginning. They had to charge them with something to continue to hold them. Earlier it was reported that a family court judge has to determine whether they can be charged as adults. I imagine that process is happening now and they'll file more charges based on how that decision plays out.

Hopefully they get tp charge them as adults, if they go through the process as juveniles I imagine their sentences will be light.
Agree. Reports say further charges will be filed. I suspect the families will not get the justice they want unless someone is tried as an adult. The Jackson County Family Court records will not be made public. The juveniles’ parents/guardians, the juveniles themselves, LE involved in the case & court personnel will be the only ones with access to the records. The presiding judge must grant access to anyone else. And if no one is charged as an adult, their records could possibly be expunged at the age of majority.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:03 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by MAYHEM:
Has any witnesses stated it was gang related? Or just an assumption

I was going to ask in the political thread but I don’t have enough posts to post there (I know have more than 500 posts but I haven’t been on this site for years)

Sorry for everyone involved
SAVE YOURSELF WHILE YOU CAN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN NEVER GO THERE
[Reply]
Kman34 01:06 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by MAYHEM:
Has any witnesses stated it was gang related? Or just an assumption

I was going to ask in the political thread but I don’t have enough posts to post there (I know have more than 500 posts but I haven’t been on this site for years)

Sorry for everyone involved
Stay away from the DC room.. It will rot your brain..
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:10 PM 02-16-2024
There were two backpacks, each with what looked like a buffer tube sticking out, and another gun off to the side. One witness reported the confrontation was 5 teenagers vs. two guys in their 20s. There better be more arrests coming.

If those guys don't tackle that one kid, he probably gets away too. The cops seem to have had some other kid corralled at the same time, who I assume is the other arrest.

No idea what that dude was talking about with one kid with his jaw shot off. Did that kid get away somehow? He had to have shown up at a hospital if so. Or he's already dead and buried in some vacant lot.

Also a lot of people reported that someone who was involved in the confrontation dropped immediately when the shooting started. What happened to that guy?
[Reply]
DaFace 01:17 PM 02-16-2024
The wheels of justice move slowly, folks. They need a charge to keep them in custody. As evidence is compiled, they'll decide on the specific charges and whether to try them as adults. It'll take time.
[Reply]
wutamess 01:19 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Just adding to this (with no gun debate happening).

If you pull your weapon....how many people in that crowd now think that you're the one shooting?
That was my initial thoughts.
[Reply]
wutamess 01:21 PM 02-16-2024
Has anyone said anything about the 2nd shooting scene? I've been hearing reports that there was 2 separate occasions.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:24 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by wutamess:
Has anyone said anything about the 2nd shooting scene? I've been hearing reports that there was 2 separate occasions.
The police said there was only one. But a few witnesses said something happened in the parking garage about 5 minutes after the first shooting. At the least there was a scare in the parking garage.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:29 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Correct. You would have to "luck" out and literally be standing right next to the perp in order to take him out. And even then, with adrenaline and panic, it would be a disaster waiting to happen for a non tactically trained person.
Not for this guy...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62217263
[Reply]
The Franchise 02-16-2024, 01:39 PM
This message has been deleted by The Franchise.
wutamess 01:46 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The police said there was only one. But a few witnesses said something happened in the parking garage about 5 minutes after the first shooting. At the least there was a scare in the parking garage.
So there wasn't an incident inside Union station or The Westin?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:49 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
What about for this guy?

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-new...ed-by-officer/
Did you even read that story... Guy was a hero and saved some lives, the Cop mishandled that situation horribly.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:19 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by wutamess:
So there wasn't an incident inside Union station or The Westin?
Whatever those incidents were, they weren't related to the shootings as far as we've heard.
[Reply]
Why Not? 02:23 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Not for this guy...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-62217263
That's an awesome story and I'm glad it worked out that way but the amount of people that he (mall hero) had to navigate to engage the perp was not even comparable at all to what someone at the rally would've had to deal with. GGwG at mall or movie theater, much different than GGwG having to navigate hoards of packed in people in close proximity to the threat.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 110
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up