ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 139
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 09:04 AM 11-03-2022
My amateur eyes see a combination of Dante Hall and Sammy Watkins.
[Reply]
-King- 09:06 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hardman doesn't layer moves like Toney does but frankly, who does?

Hardman does have a fair amount of initial shiftiness - think of some of those TD's he's had where he's made a quick move to open a seam before he blasted through them.

Hardman is shiftier than a lot of people realize but because he's not Tyreek Hill, he seems less so. I agree that he's not what Toney is, but due to his size, top end speed and ability to at least make a guy miss here and there, I think he's a much better comp than a scrub like DAT is.
I'd say he has Hardmans speed and DATs shiftiness. DAT sucked cause he was still somewhat slow despite looking like he should be fast. So he could make all the moves he wanted but he wasn't really going anywhere. Where as Toney can make the same moves and still be able to accelerate out of them for a gain.
[Reply]
jettio 10:11 AM 11-03-2022
To me, it is a good sign that Chiefs and Toney agreed to the press availability.

Dude has unique personality and super talented. I think he will keep it together. Great that Karen Kornacki opens up the presser with friendly questions like she was paid extra to go first.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:22 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
To me, it is a good sign that Chiefs and Toney agreed to the press availability.

Dude has unique personality and super talented. I think he will keep it together. Great that Karen Kornacki opens up the presser with friendly questions like she was paid extra to go first.
I don't know what put him on the outs in NY but he never made so many waves that it became a national story. I think he'll be ok here but if not, it's a really small investment for the team.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:23 AM 11-03-2022
Kind of hard to find an adequate comparison, tbh. Which is a testament to his skill set.

He's shiftier than Hardman, a more natural receiver than hardman. He's built entirely differently and doesn't have the long speed like Hardman.

He's much faster than Dante Hall, accelerates quicker and he's an actual receiver.

He's shiftier than Percy Harvin. Different sort of build. Harvin was more of a one cut, straight line kind of guy.

He's nothing like Tyreek...

I mean....not really many good comparisons out there.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:23 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I don't know what put him on the outs in NY but he never made so many waves that it became a national story. I think he'll be ok here but if not, it's a really small investment for the team.
His demeanor is not a good fit for the Patriot way coaches NYG had last season and this season.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:52 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Kind of hard to find an adequate comparison, tbh. Which is a testament to his skill set.

He's shiftier than Hardman, a more natural receiver than hardman. He's built entirely differently and doesn't have the long speed like Hardman.

He's much faster than Dante Hall, accelerates quicker and he's an actual receiver.

He's shiftier than Percy Harvin. Different sort of build. Harvin was more of a one cut, straight line kind of guy.

The pass at the :56 sec mark and when he gets to about the 10 and just explodes reminds me "almost" of Tyreek
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:59 AM 11-03-2022

I do keep coming back to DeSean Jackson.

Jackson was a monster in space. It feels like a lazy comparison due to the Andy Reid connection, but I can't come up with anyone else better.

Here's my biggest worry - by FAR. This passing game is hugely dependent on timing. And Toney does some weird shit in his routes. He cuts off the wrong leg. He throws in a dead leg or some weird hesi step to get DBs off balance. He does one extra juke than seems necessary.

I don't know how a QB can possibly throw to a spot with him because there's seemingly no consistency to when or how he throws those moves in there.

I can't figure out how him and Mahomes can get their timing synched up. So I think for pretty much this entire season, he'll need to be a guy who's schemed into space as a 3rd read when a play breaks down, someone who has designed quick hitters and someone who acts as a decoy.

I just don't think there's a chance we get him dialed into the timing of this offense on the fly. He's just so different in how he moves out there.
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:26 AM 11-03-2022
He's Jerry Rice Barry Sanders Calvin Johnson Tyreek Hill.

He's Jebarcalreek Riandersonill
[Reply]
ChiefsFan63 11:31 AM 11-03-2022
I think Andy will generally end up scheming him open to begin with. Certain routes and plays that are designed to get him the ball and get him the ball in space. Our other new receivers have had most of the off season, training camp and now 7 weeks of regular season to get on the same page as Mahomes. We are just now seeing that chemistry really develop. Where I think he could be a huge asset is on those off schedule plays when Mahomes goes Mahomes on teams. Where the only route is to gain separation and find an open spot. With as shifty as Toney is, he could be MAJOR trouble for teams to deal with. While he doesn't have the elite speed of Tyreek, he has plenty of moves to make a defender look very bad.
[Reply]
Otter 11:35 AM 11-03-2022
Pretty intense eyes, good build. Look like a linebacker to me but hell it looks like he's bringing energy.

He's in a great situation to succeed.

Do it!! :-)
[Reply]
tredadda 12:02 PM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
My amateur eyes see a combination of Dante Hall and Sammy Watkins.
Hopefully not the injury part of Watkins.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:13 PM 11-03-2022

Jackson was a monster in space. It feels like a lazy comparison due to the Andy Reid connection, but I can't come up with anyone else better.

Here's my biggest worry - by FAR. This passing game is hugely dependent on timing. And Toney does some weird shit in his routes. He cuts off the wrong leg. He throws in a dead leg or some weird hesi step to get DBs off balance. He does one extra juke than seems necessary.

I don't know how a QB can possibly throw to a spot with him because there's seemingly no consistency to when or how he throws those moves in there.

I can't figure out how him and Mahomes can get their timing synched up. So I think for pretty much this entire season, he'll need to be a guy who's schemed into space as a 3rd read when a play breaks down, someone who has designed quick hitters and someone who acts as a decoy.

I just don't think there's a chance we get him dialed into the timing of this offense on the fly. He's just so different in how he moves out there.
Let me start by saying I agree with all of this.

However, a point of order: Kelce also does a lot of extra stuff running routes, and often times doesn't even run the route as scripted, and yet is the most successful TE in NFL history (a little hyperbolic, but whatever you guys get it).

And the key with Pat to Kelce is that Travis gets open on the route exactly when he needs to be open, so I THINK that Toney can do the same thing. Not saying they necessarily want Toney running ad lib routes, just that he can get open at the right time during the route, if that makes sense.

And Toney was able to get on the same page as Daniel Jones, fcs. I think Pat can figure Toney out if Danny Dimes could for a couple games.

And there have been a lot of receives that did odd things running routes that became wildly successful with lesser QBs getting them the ball. Steve Largent, Edelman, Renfrow, etc.

So maybe not this year, but eventually Patrick and Toney will get sorted out.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:17 PM 11-03-2022

Toney made a comment (complaint?) about how the Giants wanted every route ran like an exact science, that there was no freedom in his route running.

Gotta wonder how that may have kept him in the doghouse, and whether Reid will allow him to be creative in his route running, so long as he gets to where he's supposed to be on time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:19 PM 11-03-2022
Toney made a comment (complaint?) about how the Giants wanted every route ran like an exact science, that there was no freedom in his route running.
Yet another way the Chiefs are way different than the Giants.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 139
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up