ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 185
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:42 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
We're one of the worst teams in the league vs the pass and teams are consistently throwing the ball.

I dunno, seems like alot of opportunities out there to rush the QB and other than Chris Jones, doesn't seem like much there.
I know that keeps getting thrown around, but its worth pointing out that the Chiefs are in the top 10 in yards/attempt.

The Chiefs pass defense has been BUSY, no question. But at 6.2 yards/attempt, good for 8th in the league, it hasn't been bad. That vaunted Ravens offense, for instance, has given up 200 more passing yards than we have.

But I don't disagree - we need to get Danna back and we need to get someone on the field who can be at least average along with Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlop. If that's Clark - bully (but it won't be). If that's Hughes for a 3rd day pick, that's fine as well.

If it's none of the above...I think we'll still be okay when Danna returns. Especially since I'd imagine Stallworth replaces Wharton and I think Stallworth has a little juice still.
[Reply]
O.city 09:42 AM 10-12-2022
Watson ran thru him with his head turned. Yes, Adams did a great job, but that's the way that's set up. Watson has to stay in contact and turn around.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:43 AM 10-12-2022
Watson ran thru him with his head turned. Yes, Adams did a great job, but that's the way that's set up. Watson has to stay in contact and turn around.
He didn't run through him.

If a defender is standing still at the start of a play or waiting for a receiver to make his cut, the receiver isn't allowed to just run right through him and put him on the ground. I see no reason why it's any different for these bullshit PI calls on underthrown balls. There's no interference until the receiver reacts at the last second to a poor throw. You try turning your head around that quickly to locate a ball while also trying to defend a pass. Oh wait, you missed the ball completely as you turned to look and now you can't defend the reception and knock it out because you aren't looking at the receiver any more.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:43 AM 10-12-2022
How the fuck was he supposed to turn his head? That shit was way underthrown.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:43 AM 10-12-2022
Karlaftis was lined up in the MIDDLE of the line for most of the 2nd half for some reason.

Once Clark went out, it all went to hell. Saunders disappeared (and nobody still has figured out why) Herring was on the field and suddenly we were running 3-man fronts with Karlaftis at DT and Chris Jones at DE.

No clue WTF was going on. :-)
[Reply]
staylor26 09:44 AM 10-12-2022
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:44 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
How the fuck was he supposed to turn his head? That shit was way underthrown.
He DID turn his head, it was just way early in the route, maybe before the ball was even thrown.

Both of the big PI penalties were under thrown balls. In fact, Carr threw several of his deep throws short.
[Reply]
O.city 09:46 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I know that keeps getting thrown around, but its worth pointing out that the Chiefs are in the top 10 in yards/attempt.

The Chiefs pass defense has been BUSY, no question. But at 6.2 yards/attempt, good for 8th in the league, it hasn't been bad. That vaunted Ravens offense, for instance, has given up 200 more passing yards than we have.

But I don't disagree - we need to get Danna back and we need to get someone on the field who can be at least average along with Karlaftis, Danna and Dunlop. If that's Clark - bully (but it won't be). If that's Hughes for a 3rd day pick, that's fine as well.

If it's none of the above...I think we'll still be okay when Danna returns. Especially since I'd imagine Stallworth replaces Wharton and I think Stallworth has a little juice still.
I'm hoping Stallworth is what he was showing in Indy. That woudl help.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
He didn't run through him.
I've been less physical during conjugal engagements than Adams was with Watson there...

Yeah - just exactly WTF could Watson have done differently other than some completely pro forma head turn. Fine, turn your head - what changes? He's gonna do exactly what he did to defend that ball.

It was a garbage call.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:47 AM 10-12-2022
Well, thru 5 games Karlaftis hasn't exactly popped off the screen much. He's made a few plays, but is it a stretch to say he's been a bit underwhelming?
I thought he was looking pretty good through the first three weeks or so. The last couple weeks, he's been a little underwhelming but flashed a few times with tackles for loss and the half sack, etc.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:48 AM 10-12-2022
Adams jumped into Watson and had that man in the headlock and essentially threw him to the ground.

It’s plain as day in the replay but very difficult to see in real time. That’s why these need to be reviewable. That was a 50+ yard swing
Attached: 404528DC-F5A0-4BBE-A3CA-062E97863AF4.jpg (26.8 KB) 
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:49 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Karlaftis was lined up in the MIDDLE of the line for most of the 2nd half for some reason.

Once Clark went out, it all went to hell. Saunders disappeared (and nobody still has figured out why) Herring was on the field and suddenly we were running 3-man fronts with Karlaftis at DT and Chris Jones at DE.

No clue WTF was going on. :-)
Guessing it had something to do with adjusting blocking assignments to create blitz lanes.

I mean it's not impossible that Spags had them 2-gapping in the 2nd half? Herring isn't explosive but he's fairly strong. You could use Jones as a 3-tech and still get pressure with him while using Herring/Karlaftis as a sort of Nascar style intermittent 2-gap setup that could keep the OL guessing and create better blitz lanes...

Just thinking out loud.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 10-12-2022
I'm just saying, he isn't turned and appears to go thru the wr when the ball arrives.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:50 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I thought he was looking pretty good through the first three weeks or so. The last couple weeks, he's been a little underwhelming but flashed a few times with tackles for loss and the half sack, etc.
He looked primed for a big night in the 1st couple of drives of the Raiders game. Hell the whole line looked like it was.

And then the weird shit started happening, like Frank Clark suddenly leaving to have diarrhea.
[Reply]
O.city 09:50 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Adams jumped into Watson and had that man in the headlock and essentially threw him to the ground.

It’s plain as day in the replay but very difficult to see in real time. That’s why these need to be reviewable. That was a 50+ yard swing
Even if they reviewed, it's still gonna be called with rules being what they are. It's a bad rule.

They'd say the CB impeded the WR to the ball I'm sure.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 185
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140 > Last »
Up