View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 90 of 343
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:09 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'll just say this: a healthy Fisher is a top 10--ish LT.

I find it odd that he's a free agent. If he's healthy.

Maybe he's not healthy. Maybe the back issues continue.

But if he IS... maybe he's watching and waiting.
It's CP, and don't we love a conspiracy theory?
He was bad last year and that was with him playing next to the best G in football
[Reply]
O.city 07:21 AM 07-14-2022
Fisher isn't a top 10 ish LT. What?

He's adequate at this point and maybe further removed from surgery would be better, but top 10 LT's aren't free agents at this point.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:43 AM 07-14-2022
Fisher isn't better than Brown, that's silly. He's simply a journeyman replacement.

Paying Brown in the #5 range for LTs might make sense because the market's going to be a lot higher soon for premium positions, and if he plays under the tag this year and plays well he's going to be able to reset the market next year. It would become a bargain.

If they were going to get rid of Brown they'd have done it before the draft, that's obviously not the team's intention.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:47 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Fisher isn't better than Brown, that's silly. He's simply a journeyman replacement.

Paying Brown in the #5 range for LTs might make sense because the market's going to be a lot higher soon for premium positions, and if he plays under the tag this year and plays well he's going to be able to reset the market next year. It would become a bargain.

If they were going to get rid of Brown they'd have done it before the draft, that's obviously not the team's intention.
Well, to be fair they probably didn't envision the negotiations going quite like this. Brown was fucking off and hadn't even hired an agent until June, and less than a week before the deadline all of a sudden they're apparently asking for a market resetting contract with very little time to negotiate off it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:00 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Well, to be fair they probably didn't envision the negotiations going quite like this. Brown was ****ing off and hadn't even hired an agent until June, and less than a week before the deadline all of a sudden they're apparently asking for a market resetting contract with very little time to negotiate off it.
Yeah, that's true.

In any case, if Brown is really confident he can play like a top 5 LT this year and reset the market, maybe the path to the most money would be playing under the tag and then going to free agency after the season. You risk injury or simply a lack of progression, but betting on yourself in that way might pay off. You couldn't really fault him for that.

For the Chiefs, it's simply a question of options. Who is available to replace Brown? Who might be available in the 2023 draft at LT in the bottom of the first round? Who will be hitting free agency who's better, considering that good LTs never hit free agency? Who could we trade for, considering that all the draft capital involved in such a trade might be worth much less than cap money we could have just given Brown?
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:01 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If we could get Denico Autry and a 3rd for OBJ, get Fisher signed then flip the 3rd to Chicago for Quinn I'd JIMP.
I’m 100% on board with this.

OBJ has conducted himself poorly during this process, and I have very limited confidence he’ll play up to any long term deal.

Would rather find a LTOTF next year.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:08 AM 07-14-2022
Fisher??? Outright terrible to mediocre at his very best last season. That's a pretty shit plan B if it comes to it. Hope not.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:49 AM 07-14-2022
Who would have thought a year after trading for Orlando Brown we'd be talking about potentially bringing Eric Fisher back? Gotta love this place. :-)
[Reply]
Oxford 09:32 AM 07-14-2022
Fisher??? Outright terrible to mediocre at his very best last season. That's a pretty shit plan B if it comes to it. Hope not.
I tend to discount Fisher's play at the beginning of last season, IIRC they said he was playing better at the end of the season. You can bet there have been some "back channel" discussions about medicals/contract/returning just for due diligence. Veach always seems to have a Plan C, if the Chiefs bring him in for a workout, that will send a message to OBjr.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:38 AM 07-14-2022
In all seriousness, I can't see Veach caving if Brown is asking for more than he's worth. He didn't do it for Tyreek who is basically a franchise icon, so I can't see him doing it for a tackle who has been here for one underwhelming season.

Regardless of positional value or potential, you can't just hand the guy ~$30 million a year when he hasn't earned it. That's not something championship teams do. There is a reasonable number you can come to and if he doesn't want to come to that level, then so be it. It sucks but you can't just make him the highest paid LT in football when he's borderline top 10 at best. That's the kind of shit we did with Frank Clark and look how that turned out.

Time is running short. Be reasonable Orlando, and build a legacy here with Mahomes.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:43 AM 07-14-2022
I remember reading Colts fans wanting him gone by mid season :-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 07-14-2022
Eric Fisher: 7 sacks and 41 pressures allowed on 490 pass snaps.

Orlando Brown: 4 sacks and 36 pressures allowed on 765 pass snaps.

If we're going to handwave away how absolutely abysmal Fisher was to start, then Brown deserves the same treatment as he only allowed 7 pressures over his last 5 regular season games. That's on top of an 81% run block win rate, which is second highest in the entire league.

If it boils down to it and we end up having to bring on Fisher to replace Brown as he holds out, that's about the best Veach can do, but it's a SIGNIFICANT step backwards regardless.
[Reply]
TEX 10:08 AM 07-14-2022
Eric Fisher: 7 sacks and 41 pressures allowed on 490 pass snaps.

Orlando Brown: 4 sacks and 36 pressures allowed on 765 pass snaps.

If we're going to handwave away how absolutely abysmal Fisher was to start, then Brown deserves the same treatment as he only allowed 7 pressures over his last 5 regular season games. That's on top of an 81% run block win rate, which is second highest in the entire league.

If it boils down to it and we end up having to bring on Fisher to replace Brown as he holds out, that's about the best Veach can do, but it's a SIGNIFICANT step backwards regardless.
Maybe Fish is better now since he's had more recover time? :-)
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:09 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
I’m 100% on board with this.

OBJ has conducted himself poorly during this process, and I have very limited confidence he’ll play up to any long term deal.

Would rather find a LTOTF next year.
How has Brown conducted himself poorly? You guys are such stupid ****ing homers on here.

Dude got traded from Baltimore because he wanted to play LT knowing it could lead to big payday. Player asks for said payday- CP reeruns "you're conducting yourself poorly expecting a raise!"
[Reply]
-King- 10:13 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
How has Brown conducted himself poorly? You guys are such stupid ****ing homers on here.

Dude got traded from Baltimore because he wanted to play LT knowing it could lead to big payday. Player asks for said payday- CP reeruns "you're conducting yourself poorly expecting a raise!"
Idk, but not hiring an agent until the last month before the deadline is kind of conducting yourself poorly, wouldn't you say so?
[Reply]
Page 90 of 343
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up