ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 365
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:43 AM 08-02-2015
BTW, BRC, I did something sort of similar with my headrests. They include my build number.

[Reply]
lewdog 08:52 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
My garage and I respectfully disagree :-)

The green car with the black hood is about the best look you can get.

Well done.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM 08-02-2015
My garage and I respectfully disagree :-)

Valid counter point. :-)

The mods you have done are off the charts. Love the stripe.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:30 AM 08-02-2015
BTW, BRC, I did something sort of similar with my headrests. They include my build number.

You send them to Jina? Looks like her work.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:31 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Valid counter point. :-)

The mods you have done are off the charts. Love the stripe.
Thank you. We're both lucky SOB's.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 09:32 AM 08-02-2015
You send them to Jina? Looks like her work.
Yep! She does beautiful work.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:16 AM 08-02-2015
I like my car better. I love the retro look. IMHO, it is way better car than the Hellcat. If someone would give me one of them for free and I couldn't sell the car, I'd pick the Scat Pack Shaker.
Sorry but that's like me saying I'd take my Mustang over your Scat Pack. No truth to it!

:-)

Any comments on Stang sound video I posted? That video was taken with a phone so sound isn't the best but does your car have less rumble than that with the stock exhaust and those sensors?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:46 AM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Any comments on Stang sound video I posted? That video was taken with a phone so sound isn't the best but does your car have less rumble than that with the stock exhaust and those sensors?
I would say the same. I'm okay with the sound at idle. It's the 2.5 - WOT that doesn't have that rumble I'm looking for. Thats because that damn sensor is closed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:50 AM 08-02-2015
The one thing I miss is the rumble of a V8.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:58 PM 08-02-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
You can have mine. I spend entirely too much time around engine noise. My appreciation for a quiet ride is second only to air conditioning.

I'll take a nice throaty rumble over goddamned riceburner crappy assed muffler that sounds like farting into a microphone.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:17 PM 08-04-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Friend of mines burnout video.... I've got to do this. Maybe get GoChiefs to edit it for me?

[Reply]
hometeam 08:37 PM 08-09-2015
So I finally got off my ass today and got my car over to my buddies shop. We decided to forget the bracket and just do it the old fashioned way. We welded that bastard back together!

If you can imagine the motor in the car, the piece that was broken off was exaactly like so;

Fortunately, it only came apart when i went to replace the starter, so my buddy was able to TIG weld the thing back together, I held the piece in place from the front of the car (with welders gloves of course) while he tacked it in from behind, Once it was tacked in I got my hand out of there and he put about 30 minutes of work on it, getting it all in and touching it up, then using a grinder wheel to get rid of the excess.

We then bolted the new, (improved design) starter in and BAM, starts like a champ! The general consensus is a correctly TIG welded piece as such will last indefinitely with the new starter design which does not stress that mounting tab like the old one did.

Instead of a new block, or a 370 dollar bracket, I made out for 20 bucks~

God damn it felt good to light up those tires!
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08-09-2015, 09:03 PM
This message has been deleted by Perineum Ripper.
BigRedChief 09:58 AM 08-16-2015
I finally made a decision on the exhaust. I did the muffler delete.

On my active exhaust the mufflers are past the "X" where the single exhaust pipes cross to allow the pistons to fire independently. But not back up in a single pipe.

Very happy with the results. My muscle car sounds like A muscle car.

Attached: SPS exhaust6.jpg (65.3 KB) SPS exhaust4.jpg (78.4 KB) 
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:06 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:
So I finally got off my ass today and got my car over to my buddies shop. We decided to forget the bracket and just do it the old fashioned way. We welded that bastard back together!

If you can imagine the motor in the car, the piece that was broken off was exaactly like so;

Fortunately, it only came apart when i went to replace the starter, so my buddy was able to TIG weld the thing back together, I held the piece in place from the front of the car (with welders gloves of course) while he tacked it in from behind, Once it was tacked in I got my hand out of there and he put about 30 minutes of work on it, getting it all in and touching it up, then using a grinder wheel to get rid of the excess.

We then bolted the new, (improved design) starter in and BAM, starts like a champ! The general consensus is a correctly TIG welded piece as such will last indefinitely with the new starter design which does not stress that mounting tab like the old one did.

Instead of a new block, or a 370 dollar bracket, I made out for 20 bucks~

God damn it felt good to light up those tires!
How much does he want to do another one that isn't in a car?
[Reply]
hometeam 10:11 AM 08-16-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
How much does he want to do another one that isn't in a car?
Shit, i know he would.

hes located in Jefferson City I can hook you up with him if you want

edit: already talked to him, he said he would do it. Dont know what he will charge you, he only charged me 20 because i already had some credit with him, but he will be fair.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 365
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up