ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 383
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 08:43 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
I've had a bunch of these in the last few weeks and I have to say, if you like hops, but want a hoppy session-type beer, this is for you. lots of citrus, really hoppy, all at a drinkable 5.2 ABV.
Cool, that sounds good. I'll pick some up. I'm in Manhattan all the time, I just keep forgetting to stop by a store.
[Reply]
Shag 09:17 PM 05-08-2012
Originally Posted by phisherman:
It's tasty, but if you're not expecting a hop bomb type of beer, you'll be a little surprised for the amount of hoppiness you get from a beer at 5.2 ABV. Lots of grapefruit citrus goodness both in the nose and on the palate.
I'm a big hop-head. I just found the beer rather underwhelming, and wouldn't buy it again myself. But, to each their own...
[Reply]
Shag 09:20 PM 05-08-2012
Speaking of hoppy pale ales, anyone had Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds? Was down at their brewery for Dark Lord Day a couple weekends ago, and had fresh Zombie Dust on tap. Unbelievable beer. A hoppy pale ale with amazing citrus flavor and aroma, extremely well balanced, and unbelievably smooth. I'm kicking myself for not buying more while I was there...
[Reply]
Lzen 08:02 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
excellent beers across the board...try the Ruination IPA or Arrogant Bastard Ale
I saw that bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale at the big liquor store in Joplin a couple weeks ago and I had to try it. It was pretty good stuff. Not for the weak beer drinkers, though. Even the label was great. Love the story behind it. "you're not worthy".

Not that I agree with these all the time, but rate beer.com gives it a 99 overall.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-a...tard-ale/1315/
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 08:15 AM 05-16-2012
I'm really getting in to sour ales. any reccomendo's?
[Reply]
Chest Rockwell 08:29 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
I'm really getting in to sour ales. any reccomendo's?
This.

I'm not generally a fruit-beer guy, not even terribly fond of most framboise, but I really liked it. I've only had it on draft, so not sure how it would be out of a bottle.
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:33 AM 05-16-2012
man, tried a bunch of things lately...several Belgians that I can't even remember unfortunately, one had a name like a crazy movie, something like "Mad Dave Hunts the Crazy Rabbits" (seriously)

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace: crazy...can't describe it...but tasty, that's what I remember

Port Brewing Mongo Double IPA: dee-licious, super grape fruity with great orange-amber color...very close to my sweet spot

Terrapin Hopzilla: holy shit, I got accidentally hammered on this...it's almost 11%, I had no idea...malty, sweet, alcohol is hidden...I'm a light weight now, put 3 of these down quick and the night went south
[Reply]
Lzen 08:46 AM 05-16-2012
Oh, and I've recently found a new one to add to my top beers list. Hop Stoopid by Lagunitis(?)

It's delicious.

Edit: Rate beer.com agrees with me. :-)

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/lagunit...stoopid/69933/

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:01 AM 05-16-2012
I tried the ODell Footprint and Shenanigans. Footprint is pretty unique... they took an ingredient from each state they distribute to...

Colorado - Hops & Barley
Arizona - Prickly Pear
Idaho - Barley & Hops
Kansas - Wheat
Minnesota - Wild Rice
Missouri - Oak Barrels
Nebraska - Corn
New Mexico – Green Chilis
South Dakota – Barley & Honey
Wyoming - Wheat

Originally Posted by Lzen:
I saw that bottle of Arrogant Bastard Ale at the big liquor store in Joplin a couple weeks ago and I had to try it. It was pretty good stuff. Not for the weak beer drinkers, though. Even the label was great. Love the story behind it. "you're not worthy".

Not that I agree with these all the time, but rate beer.com gives it a 99 overall.
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/stone-a...tard-ale/1315/
Stone is pretty good... I've even found it on tap at a few places around KC.
[Reply]
Reaper16 10:21 AM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by Shag:
Speaking of hoppy pale ales, anyone had Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds? Was down at their brewery for Dark Lord Day a couple weekends ago, and had fresh Zombie Dust on tap. Unbelievable beer. A hoppy pale ale with amazing citrus flavor and aroma, extremely well balanced, and unbelievably smooth. I'm kicking myself for not buying more while I was there...
When I went to Chicago in the first weekend of March, I brought home a case of Zombie Dust from the brewery. It's maybe the best beer I've ever had, taking styles into account (meaning it is a better American Pale Ale than perhaps any other beer I've had is a better take on whatever style it is). It's fucking phenomenal. I put it right up there with Cantillon Classic Gueuze, Pliny the Elder, Fantome Saison, De Struise St. Amatus 12, 2008 Boulevard Imperial Stout, and Weihenstephaner Heffeweissbier as my A+ rated beers.
[Reply]
Dartgod 12:32 PM 05-16-2012
Originally Posted by the Talking Can:
man, tried a bunch of things lately...several Belgians that I can't even remember unfortunately, one had a name like a crazy movie, something like "Mad Dave Hunts the Crazy Rabbits" (seriously)

Brooklyn Sorachi Ace: crazy...can't describe it...but tasty, that's what I remember

Port Brewing Mongo Double IPA: dee-licious, super grape fruity with great orange-amber color...very close to my sweet spot

Terrapin Hopzilla: holy shit, I got accidentally hammered on this...it's almost 11%, I had no idea...malty, sweet, alcohol is hidden...I'm a light weight now, put 3 of these down quick and the night went south
I'm really into the Belgian Ales right now. One I've seen in the store that I've been tempted but never did try are the Belgian Ales from Goose Island.

I finally tried the Sofie at a restaurant last week and Holy crap, was it good!
[Reply]
the Talking Can 08:03 PM 06-01-2012
just had dogfish head's Noble Rot

wowowowowowowow it was great

Originally Posted by :
This saison-esque science project gets complexity and fermentable sugars from two unique wine grapes sourced with our friends at Alexandria Nicole Cellars in Prosser, Wash.

The first addition is unfermented juice, known as must, from viognier grapes that have been infected with a benevolent fungus called botrytis. This noble rot reduces the water content in the grapes while magnifying their sweetness and complexity. The second is pinot gris must intensified by a process called dropping fruit, where large clusters of grapes are clipped to amplify the quality of those left behind.

Noble Rot is brewed with pils and wheat malts and fermented with a distinct Belgian yeast strain. It has a spicy white wine body and a dry, tart finish.

[Reply]
the Talking Can 04:41 PM 06-06-2012
random beer news, Blind Tiger Brewery won a gold medal at the world beer cup

Category 40: German-Style Heller Bock/Maibock, 38 Entries

Gold: Maibock, Blind Tiger Brewery & Restaurant, Topeka, KS
Silver: Der Ulmer Maibock, Familienbrauerei Bauhöfer, Renchen, Germany
Bronze: Blonde Doppelbock, Capital Brewery Co., Middleton, WI

winners list: http://www.worldbeercup.org/wp-conte...ners-List1.pdf

i love IPAs and I haven't had any of the winners:

Category 88: American-Style India Pale Ale, 150 Entries

Gold: DRIPA, Kuhnhenn Brewing Co., Warren, MI
Silver: Head Hunter IPA, Fat Heads Brewery, North Olmsted, OH
Bronze: Elevated IPA, La Cumbre Brewing Co., Albuquerque, NM

Category 89: Imperial India Pale Ale, 93 Entries

Gold: Poor Man’s IPA, Pizza Port Carlsbad, Carlsbad, CA
Silver: Saint Arnold Endeavour, Saint Arnold Brewing Co., Houston, TX
Bronze: Palate Wrecker, Green Flash Brewing Co., San Diego, CA
[Reply]
phisherman 06:59 PM 06-08-2012
Anyone pick up Boulevard's Saison Brett this week? It's still floating around Lee's Summit if you know where to get it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:25 PM 06-09-2012
Drinking the last one tonight...

[Reply]
Page 90 of 383
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up