ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 112
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
bigjosh 01:39 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Any chance we cut Gabbert?

Unfortunately i dont think andy rolls with a young backup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 01:40 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

I actually meant to post that in the game thread. But, yeah, I think you’re right.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:57 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

I do wonder what the difference between Buechele and somebody like Chase Daniel when we signed him in 2013. In the eyes of Andy, that is.

This is Buechele's 3rd year. Chase had been going for what... 5? Only ever serving as 2nd/3rd string... practically zero regular season reps.

If Gabbert is better, then we should go with him. But if this is the new normal where we only ever get a veteran for Mahomes... I'm kind of against that. I don't like that idea very much. May as well not even bother with extra QBs.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:32 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Any chance we cut Gabbert?
We can only hope, eh?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:36 PM 08-13-2023
You either climb aboard the Ross train or get run over by it.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 07:50 PM 08-13-2023
I hope this guy makes the team. There's no way he makes it to the PS if he gets cut.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 07:52 PM 08-13-2023
I'm in vacation so I only was able to watch half of the 2nd quarter. How did Ross look outside of the two catches I saw in highlights. I don't know why but I'm really hyped about this guy.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 08:06 PM 08-13-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I'm in vacation so I only was able to watch half of the 2nd quarter. How did Ross look outside of the two catches I saw in highlights. I don't know why but I'm really hyped about this guy.
Looked good, nice route runner. He is as advertised.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:09 PM 08-13-2023
Ross could have had 2 TD's pretty easily. On the first TD catch by James, Ross was open on the quick slant. Initally I thought that is where the throw was going to go, but it went over the top to James.

Young guys looked really good for the first outing.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:15 PM 08-13-2023
Left wanting to see more. His first TD he did a good job finding a soft spot between the corner and the safety, sitting down in there and giving his QB a good target.

He did have what may have been an opportunity for another one before that, but it went to James.

Buchele tried forcing one into him that got tipped and picked.

Overall it was a good start and you're left wanting to see more. Rice, Rimigio & James had a better day i thought. Even Powell had a good showing. And Crawford made us all aware he exists.

The WR group in general ate today.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:10 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I do wonder what the difference between Buechele and somebody like Chase Daniel when we signed him in 2013. In the eyes of Andy, that is.

This is Buechele's 3rd year. Chase had been going for what... 5? Only ever serving as 2nd/3rd string... practically zero regular season reps.

If Gabbert is better, then we should go with him. But if this is the new normal where we only ever get a veteran for Mahomes... I'm kind of against that. I don't like that idea very much. May as well not even bother with extra QBs.
I'm not here to defend Gabbert but, several times Henne looked like hot garbage in preseason. But then when a game plan is built around him he looked serviceable.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:22 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I'm not here to defend Gabbert but, several times Henne looked like hot garbage in preseason. But then when a game plan is built around him he looked serviceable.
You need an experienced guy like Henne to come in and execute a game plan the way Henne did and just play mistake-free while holding down the fort. Someone who's got a lot of years under his belt like Gabbert is more ideal for this than someone who's never played a meaningful down in the NFL.
[Reply]
In58men 11:42 AM 08-14-2023
Just bought this bad boy for $90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
staylor26 11:44 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
Just bought this bad boy for $90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
$90? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 08-14-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Looked good, nice route runner. He is as advertised.
Yeah - appeared to be who it was hoped he would be.

Didn't show anything remarkable - the limited explosion was pretty obvious. But the footwork was nice, body control was good, he was physical after the catch, he was generally reliable (from what I could tell anyway).

The interception was not his fault and he had another play over the middle that sure looked there for the taking but Oloduken (or whatever his name is) turfed it.

I think ultimately he looked like his supporters hoped he would look and those that have concerns about his long-term viability saw some of those things as well. It was very much a "yeah, that's Justyn Ross" sort of game. He looked like he should look.
[Reply]
Page 90 of 112
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100 > Last »
Up