ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 90 of 333
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 02:34 PM 04-26-2023
Gallen scoreless inning streak is at around 26 I think. At least the first 22 weren’t against KC!
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:16 PM 04-26-2023
Got guys on and couldn't knock them in. That's the Royals bottom of the lineup for you.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:23 PM 04-26-2023
Royals are going to do what they've done...

Trade players for prospects. The list of players traded by the Royals to other teams for prospects is pretty long. It worked in 2014. They had a young core of players and hit the jackpot on the pitching. It was the perfect storm; unlikely to be repeated.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.
[Reply]
PHOG 05:28 PM 04-26-2023
Amazing, shot out again.
[Reply]
Pablo 06:16 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Amazing, shot out again.
Aw shucks missed another classic royals game
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:28 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
At least the Royals aren't so far off the scale that they're easy to overlook like Oakland.
At least...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:28 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Royals are going to do what they've done...

Trade players for prospects. The list of players traded by the Royals to other teams for prospects is pretty long. It worked in 2014. They had a young core of players and hit the jackpot on the pitching. It was the perfect storm; unlikely to be repeated.

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn.
The Royals really haven't done this since Carlos Beltran. Sometimes to the long-term detriment of the team.

Zack Greinke is the only "good" player they've traded since then, and that was really him forcing their hand.
[Reply]
srvy 11:32 PM 04-26-2023
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Aw shucks missed another classic royals game
Yep, it is just backup noise to me at this point. I turned it on worked a bit on the home computer browsed CP and looked up it was off-air. I had to look up MLB score's to find the final score lmao
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:47 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The Royals really haven't done this since Carlos Beltran. Sometimes to the long-term detriment of the team.

Zack Greinke is the only "good" player they've traded since then, and that was really him forcing their hand.
I'm trying to make sense of the moves they make; much like the Chiefs during their down years. It was almost like they didn't care about winning as long as fans came and spent their money. Baseball is so different than football, the same teams are able to collect most of the talent because of their market size.
[Reply]
FringeNC 07:56 AM 04-27-2023
I don't think it can be exaggerated just what a disaster Dayton Moore's post-World Series years were. Those blaming Sherman -- seems like entirely the wrong target to me.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:17 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
I don't think it can be exaggerated just what a disaster Dayton Moore's post-World Series years were. Those blaming Sherman -- seems like entirely the wrong target to me.
I don't think anyone is going to dispute how terrible Dayton Moore was about the way he built the roster, drafted etc etc etc.

And yes the Royals are a long way away from being good because they have to undo all he did, rebuild the system all of that stuff.

Sherman is getting shit and catching flack because he's asking for a 2 billion dollar stadium project while the Royals are doing nothing but cutting payroll. You can say hey that is the right way to do it but the optics to the casual person don't look great. Hell there are already a lot of people that don't think you should give public money to a billionaire to just turn more profit.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:30 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by FringeNC:
Not his fault, but yeah, spouting off about money for a new stadium when the team is literally the worst in the league excluding the one outright tanking to force a move and you've done nothing but slash payroll leads to annoyance and apathy.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:32 AM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Not his fault, but yeah, spouting off about money for a new stadium when the team is literally the worst in the league excluding the one outright tanking to force a move and you've done nothing but slash payroll leads to annoyance and apathy.
Had the Chiefs asked for 2 billion for a stadium when Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel were here it would have been met with complete and total apathy as well.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:48 AM 04-27-2023
I'm sure that everyone is excited to watch the Royals vs Twins game tonight with nothing else going on.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:28 PM 04-27-2023
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
I'm sure that everyone is excited to watch the Royals vs Twins game tonight with nothing else going on.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 90 of 333
« First < 40808687888990 91929394100140190 > Last »
Up