ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>I'll say it; Mike Vrabel is a huge liability on this defense
steelyeyed57 06:11 PM 12-12-2010
He routinely fails to set the edge on outside contain. He routinely fails to get near the QB on his blitzes. He is routinely beaten in pass coverage. Today, in particular, he had crucial missed tackles.
I realize he has a lot of knowledge and leadership, but his dwindling athleticism is negating whatever intangibles he brings to the table.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:46 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by LiL stumppy:
Jesus dude why don't you just cut the BS and get on your knees already..

Dane hasn't got a blow job in a while after his BF found out he was in to the whole gerble in your asshole thing..
Wow, you're really witty.

Gay jokes are so cool!

Your dad should have pulled out.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 04:47 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What's amazing is that you would even compare Staley's career to Bowe's.

And you call other people dumbasses.

:-)
You cant compare, they play two different positions.. But they both have turned out and were turning into good first round pics. So it's dumb to say either pick was wrong.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 04:49 PM 12-13-2010
I am off to work douches.. Enjoy each others cocks.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:50 PM 12-13-2010
First off, I didn't say "football smarts", I said smarter. The fucking guy went to Wheaton and graduated with honors.
Yeah, but WTF cares about book smart? You're arguing the guy should be on the football field. What other smarts matter?

Originally Posted by :
Vrabel went to Ohio University.

I also noticed that while you've tried to dispute the idea that Studebaker is smarter, you've avoided altogether the notion that Studebaker is much further along in less than three years on an NFL roster than Vrabel was at that point in his career.
I haven't avoided it, I've ignored it. Because it's irrelevant.

Look, pull up a chair here.

This is what coaches deal with ALL THE TIME. They're balancing the current productivity of player X (senior vet) to the current productivity of player Y (young guy), trying to determine the rate of X's decline to the rate of Y's growth. Add to that mix the need to assess what Y's ceiling is, what his playing time should be to optimize his growth curve, and to what degree he's going to f'up and cost them games in the interim, if he's (for now) some degree of "young and dumb".

You say Studebaker is "further along" than Vrabel was in their respective Year 3s. First, I have no idea if that's true, and no idea how to quantify that. Second, it doesn't matter in the slightest because Studebaker isn't competing against Mike Vrabel circa 1999, he's competing against Vrabel of 2010.

Where he's at now, how high his ceiling is, where Vrabel is at now, what their respective strenghts and weaknesses are, what packages to play them in (base, dime, nickel etc.) are all what they pay coaches alot of money to figure out. Coaches usually err on the side of favoring vets, because usually they get more consistent performance out of them, and fewer mistakes.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:50 PM 12-13-2010
I am off to work douches.. Enjoy each others cocks.
I'm actually surprised you're employed but then again, McDonalds always seems to be in need of fry cooks.
[Reply]
Amnorix 04:51 PM 12-13-2010
This has completely degenerated from a football discussion to monkeys throwing feces at each other. Good luck with that. I'm out.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:51 PM 12-13-2010
We know he isn't writing any lines for Comedians.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 04:56 PM 12-13-2010
No sir I work at a bar while I get my studies done at one of the local colleges.

Good one though, gay jokes are out of date, but the working at McDonalds one isn't lol. Sure thing partner
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:59 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Yeah, but WTF cares about book smart? You're arguing the guy should be on the football field. What other smarts matter?

I haven't avoided it, I've ignored it. Because it's irrelevant.
It's extremely relevant. How many dumb but athletically gifted players are in this league and how long do their careers normally last?

Football isn't rocket science. It's about film study and athleticism in the NFL. Read and react. If you're smart and can translate that intelligence to the field, all the better. But to say that being highly intelligent is irrelevant is silly.

Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Look, pull up a chair here.

This is what coaches deal with ALL THE TIME. They're balancing the current productivity of player X (senior vet) to the current productivity of player Y (young guy), trying to determine the rate of X's decline to the rate of Y's growth. Add to that mix the need to assess what Y's ceiling is, what his playing time should be to optimize his growth curve, and to what degree he's going to f'up and cost them games in the interim, if he's (for now) some degree of "young and dumb".

You say Studebaker is "further along" than Vrabel was in their respective Year 3s. First, I have no idea if that's true, and no idea how to quantify that. Second, it doesn't matter in the slightest because Studebaker isn't competing against Mike Vrabel circa 1999, he's competing against Vrabel of 2010.

Where he's at now, how high his ceiling is, where Vrabel is at now, what their respective strenghts and weaknesses are, what packages to play them in (base, dime, nickel etc.) are all what they pay coaches alot of money to figure out. Coaches usually err on the side of favoring vets, because usually they get more consistent performance out of them, and fewer mistakes.
Dude, I'm no fucking n00b here. I understand completely how this works and I also understand that a guy like Vrabel is going to get a little extra because of his past association with Crennel and Pioli.

But the fact of the matter is that in most of the games in which Vrabel and Studebaker have appeared for the Chiefs, the Studebaker has been a playmaker, whether it's fumble recoveries or interceptions and he's generally made Hali, the LOLB, better. Not in all cases but in most.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:00 PM 12-13-2010
No sir I work at a bar while I get my studies done at one of the local colleges.

Good one though, gay jokes are out of date, but the working at McDonalds one isn't lol. Sure thing partner
Oh, awesome. A bar is certainly a step up from McDonalds.

FTR, I don't need to use homophobic slurs to debate/debunk anything you've ever posted in this forum, mainly because it's uninformed bullshit but moreso that it's just plain fucking stupid.

Good luck with that, Stump.
[Reply]
stevieray 05:04 PM 12-13-2010

FTR, I don't need to use homophobic slurs to debate/debunk anything you've ever posted in this forum
..yet you can go after his dad and tell him to **** his mom?

party foul.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:10 PM 12-13-2010
Originally Posted by stevieray:
..yet you can go after his dad and tell him to **** his mom?

party foul.

But seriously, this guy calls me a "dip shit" and a "dumb ass" because of my responses, responses that were not even directed at him, yet has absolutely nothing to back up his statements other than name-calling?

Nice.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 05:27 PM 12-13-2010
It's extremely relevant. How many dumb but athletically gifted players are in this league and how long do their careers normally last?

Football isn't rocket science. It's about film study and athleticism in the NFL. Read and react. If you're smart and can translate that intelligence to the field, all the better. But to say that being highly intelligent is irrelevant is silly.

Dude, I'm no ****ing n00b here. I understand completely how this works and I also understand that a guy like Vrabel is going to get a little extra because of his past association with Crennel and Pioli.

But the fact of the matter is that in most of the games in which Vrabel and Studebaker have appeared for the Chiefs, the Studebaker has been a playmaker, whether it's fumble recoveries or interceptions and he's generally made Hali, the LOLB, better. Not in all cases but in most.
Whoa, easy now. Vrabel was not an athletic phenom and he still had an ultra-productive career in New England. I've seen nothing that leads me to believe that he's not smart, especially given that he is active in a foundation that is centered around childhood literacy, buying books for kids, and encouraging kids to read. A guy that cares that much about education and co-owns his own foundation is probably pretty smart himself. And Ohio State is a competitive school that just so happens to let some dumb football players sometimes coast by in. That doesn't mean Vrabel was one of them.

I don't think that's very fair to use intelligence in this argument. I think the fact that Vrabel is 35 has a hell of a lot more to do with his struggles than his intelligence.
[Reply]
LiL stumppy 05:32 PM 12-13-2010

But seriously, this guy calls me a "dip shit" and a "dumb ass" because of my responses, responses that were not even directed at him, yet has absolutely nothing to back up his statements other than name-calling?

Nice.
Because your responses usually end in calling someone a dumbass or to stfu.

Your right, a sports bar/resturant is not a good place for a kid in college to work? And it's like McDonalds? lmao, another long reach bro.

I did back up my statement. It was simple, usally they dont coach, but they have in the past, and doesn't mean they won't in the future. WTF do you not understand about that, I mean seriously? What?

Your an ignorant douche.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:37 PM 12-13-2010
Because your responses usually end in calling someone a dumbass or to stfu.
Wow, that's funny because up and until you called me a dipshit and a dumbass in this thread, I hadn't used any names to describe anyone.

Nice deflection but it's not working.

I did back up my statement. It was simple, usally they dont coach, but they have in the past, and doesn't mean they won't in the future. WTF do you not understand about that, I mean seriously? What?
No, you did not. First, you called me a dipshit and used the old "For the love of the game". Then as the conversation continued, your name calling escalated.

I've asked you twice before and I'll ask you again: Name ONE player that earned even in excess of $20 million dollars that later became an NFL coach.

If you cannot do that, your claim has absolutely no merit. NONE whatsoever.

Your an ignorant douche.

Yeah, right. Says the guy who couldn't offer up ONE SINGLE SHRED of evidence to support his claim and began the name calling in your first post.

You're a fucking oxygen thief. I dare you to prove otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 18
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up