ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official Fast Food Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 02:17 PM 01-10-2022
Discuss your favorite chains, history of said chains, thoughts on the future of the industry, etc etc.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:55 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers:
Their chicken planks are sooo underrated, it obviously processed yet still looks and chews very naturally... they've got those things nailed down flat

My local suffered a fire 6-7 years ago and closed, but the building is basically still there... thinking about opening that sucker again as a franchisee
When I was a kid, one of my friends worked at Captain D's, which is/was? nearly identical to LJS. He said working there was awful. The grease permeated every article of clothing that he wore there, and anything he wore there was thereafter unsuitable to be worn anywhere else. And a fast food minimum-wage salary ain't exactly conducive for clothing replacement. I assume you'd get that to a certain extent working at any fast food place, but those places take it to the next level.

I've never worked at any sort of restaurant, but I've never heard from anybody who enjoyed it. I'd think long and hard about opening a franchise location. Especially considering how shitty, lazy and entitled most kids are today.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:57 PM 02-09-2024
Projectile vomited for 2 days the last and only Cap'n Ds neal
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:01 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
Fraud Guys....gave it a chance again the other day. Mediocre as fuck and damn garbage for the price. Single burger fries and a drink is like $30 :-) The fries are garbage so who gives a shit if they throw a bunch in the bag. Will stick with Culver's for a burger fix.
Anyone with a brain can outcook some overpriced fast food, the prices have become ridiculous... eat at home better and cheaper
[Reply]
BWillie 09:01 PM 02-09-2024
Fraud Guys....gave it a chance again the other day. Mediocre as fuck and damn garbage for the price. Single burger fries and a drink is like $30 :-) The fries are garbage so who gives a shit if they throw a bunch in the bag. Will stick with Culver's for a burger fix.
I bet u like in and out

5 guys fries are legendary
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:03 PM 02-09-2024
Five Guys is bland as hell. HI-Boy Jr. Double is legit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:07 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I bet u like in and out

5 guys fries are legendary
Tasteless bland fries...just like their burger
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:09 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
When I was a kid, one of my friends worked at Captain D's, which is/was? nearly identical to LJS. He said working there was awful. The grease permeated every article of clothing that he wore there, and anything he wore there was thereafter unsuitable to be worn anywhere else. And a fast food minimum-wage salary ain't exactly conducive for clothing replacement. I assume you'd get that to a certain extent working at any fast food place, but those places take it to the next level.

I've never worked at any sort of restaurant, but I've never heard from anybody who enjoyed it. I'd think long and hard about opening a franchise location. Especially considering how shitty, lazy and entitled most kids are today.
You're absolutely correct that I would basically have to be Brett Veach in my hiring process, just nailing homerun after homerun to get things started with the right crew... but its possible, we'll see but pretty sure I can pull it off
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:09 PM 02-09-2024
And whats with the peanuts?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:10 PM 02-09-2024
You're absolutely correct that I would basically have to be Brett Veach in my hiring process, just nailing homerun after homerun to get things started with the right crew... but its possible, we'll see but pretty sure I can pull it off
Just know what you're getting into. And keep in mind, your average customer these days isn't much better than your average employee.

And if you own one and spend much time there, the allure of eating the food will go away quickly. My buddy said that after a couple of days he couldn't stand the food.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:25 PM 02-09-2024

Never ate at Captain D's but remember the ads on the radio back in the 80's and 90's. I would believe the grease was unbearable on the skin too.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:26 PM 02-09-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
And whats with the peanuts?
Meat + peanuts keeps the allergic people away.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:29 PM 02-09-2024
Just know what you're getting into. And keep in mind, your average customer these days isn't much better than your average employee.

And if you own one and spend much time there, the allure of eating the food will go away quickly. My buddy said that after a couple of days he couldn't stand the food.
Yeah its still just a spitball and a dream right now, but I could get behind LJS with a decent loan

The audience is here, this place has been here since I was a little squirt ringing the bell while wearing my little paper pirate hat... but yeah, anytime you work around a certain food over and again you'll tire of it sooner than later

I honestly care about freshness and quality, maybe thats enough... we'll see
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:30 PM 02-09-2024
I really enjoyed eating at LJS as a teenager. There was no Captain D's in my town, but there was one in another town about 60 miles away, and it was LJS with a different name. They were identical other than logos.

But jeez, hats off to anyone who worked there. That was the greasiest food ever. I worked for two years at an A&W as a young kid, and I always felt greasy after getting off work. I was always a bit concerned that I smelled like french fries at school. But that A&W wasn't half as greasy as LJS.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:31 PM 02-09-2024
Projectile vomited for 2 days the last and only Cap'n Ds neal
It tasted good and you lost weight. You can't beat that deal.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 PM 02-09-2024
Yeah its still just a spitball and a dream right now, but I could get behind LJS with a decent loan

The audience is here, this place has been here since I was a little squirt ringing the bell while wearing my little paper pirate hat... but yeah, anytime you work around a certain food over and again you'll tire of it sooner than later

I honestly care about freshness and quality, maybe thats enough... we'll see
Well, best of luck if you decide to pull the trigger on it. :-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 13
« First < 56789 10111213 >
Up