ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 163
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Official 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
TripleThreat 05:48 PM 11-09-2022

YOUNG AMERICANS
The USMNT was by far the youngest team to qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, garnering valuable experience going through the rigors of World Cup qualifying. Through 14 qualifiers, the USA Starting XI came in at an average of 23.82, almost two years younger than the next closest team, Ghana at 25.67. Together, the other 31 participating teams averaged a Starting XI age of 27.5 through qualifying, nearly four full years older than the U.S. Sources say this is one of the youngest, but most talented teams the U.S. has ever fielded. While they may not win the world cup this year, they may garner the experience needed to make a serious run on home soil in the year 2026 when the World Cup comes back to North America.

2022 USA World Cup Roster

FORWARDS
Jesús Ferreira (FC Dallas)
Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders)
Christian Pulisic (Chelsea)
Gio Reyna (Borussia Dortmund)
Josh Sargent (Norwich City)
Timothy Weah (Lille)
Haji Wright (Antalyaspor)

MIDFIELDERS
Brenden Aaronson (Leeds United)
Kellyn Acosta (LAFC)
Tyler Adams (Leeds United)
Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo)
Weston McKennie (Juventus)
Yunus Musah (Valencia)
Cristian Roldan (Seattle Sounders)

DEFENDERS
Cameron Carter-Vickers (Celtic)
Sergiño Dest (AC Milan)
Aaron Long (New York Red Bulls)
Shaq Moore (Nashville SC)
Tim Ream (Fulham)
Antonee Robinson (Fulham)
Joe Scally (Borussia Monchengladbach)
DeAndre Yedlin (Inter Miami)
Walker Zimmerman (Nashville SC)

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Horvath (Luton Town)
Sean Johnson (NYCFC)
Matt Turner (Arsenal)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:33 AM 12-01-2022
Holy Shit Canadadia!!
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:37 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I thought the point of making up stuff was to help get over being butthurt by making other people seem irrational. Not sure what other purpose it serves if it doesn't help the raging case of butthurt months later, but still doesn't make it any truer outside the comfort of your own noggin.
First off, I was advising another poster how to get along without drama on CP, not talking to you. If anything, my post should be a welcome caution.

But on that response, I'd point out how wrong you are, but we know how 'ragingly butthurt' you get when countermanded and you are the one empowered to impose consequences, so I'll take the advice of marriage counselors everywhere and simply say 'that's right, honey.'
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:45 AM 12-01-2022
Croatia is just yet another team showing us why you continue to play high pressure and don't just go into a 5 back formation. Croatia moves on with a tie but they are still playing a normal formation and trying to get that 1-0 lead for comfort.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:46 AM 12-01-2022
Of course right as I post that they start going super defensive, but still, they didn't start it until past the 80th minute. Still don't know why we did it so early vs Iran.
[Reply]
Hark Clunt 10:50 AM 12-01-2022
oh my god lukaku
[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:50 AM 12-01-2022
Honestly feel bad for Lukaku after that one and all of Belgium.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:55 AM 12-01-2022
Crazymaking Goalie antics in the closing minutes of CAN/MAR
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:55 AM 12-01-2022
Man, Belgium had some chances...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:59 AM 12-01-2022
One of the most incredible feeds of the match squandered, but it didn't matter since the game was done immediately after.

If you manage to find footage of the last feed of the game in CAN/MAR, it's worth a good look. Full spint cross at from the right midfield to the center at 18, and it was absolutely perfectly bent around the trail defender right onto the striker's foot. Amazing to see in isolation, even if it came to nothing.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 10:59 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
He's basically the more talented, "European" version of Altidore. Belgium is a massive disappointment as usual.

How about Morocco though? I doubt anybody picked them to advance, let alone win the group.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:03 AM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
A full-strength Lukaku is amazing, . . . like near LeBron, Mahomes amazing. But he wasn't in game shape today, just enough rust to make a difference. Bad timing.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:02 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
"In play" :-)

GTFO. That ball was completely unreachable. Just because it hasn't crossed the line yet, you somehow justify that bullshit PK.
JFC you are a moron. Next time Mahomes gets laid out after the ball has left his arm if you get upset then you should just end yourself.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:08 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
USMNT advanced. Youngest team ever (sans Ream). Our midfield dominated England, Wales, and Iran. We shut all three opponents except for a PK.

But yeah you’re just joking around with a dumbass fox news post. The **** out of here bro. You douched this thread up.
US had to fight to the very last minute of the third game to move on when they were put in a bracket that was designed for them to make it through much more easily. England should have been the only challenge in this bracket but GB did his best to mismanage lineups and subs and it was almost a disaster.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:37 PM 12-01-2022
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
What political idea or side am I pushing with that post?

dont be a douche. keep that shit in DC
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 12:37 PM 12-01-2022
when is our game against Nederland?

oh crap just found it - saturday at 9:00 AM, KC time..

7:00 AM my time. guess ill be making some breakfast and watching this shizzle and not getting anything done

GO USA
[Reply]
Page 89 of 163
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Up