ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 185
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 07:12 AM 10-06-2022
Hasaan Reddick makes me sad
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:32 PM 10-08-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:15 PM 10-08-2022
He should get those moles looked at.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:06 AM 10-12-2022
Got his first career sack vs the Faiders!

[Reply]
nychief 09:15 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Got his first career sack vs the Faiders!

.5 of a sack.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Hasaan Reddick makes me sad
6'1'', 240 - he just wasn't gonna be an option here.

That's not to say we couldn't have made it work - he's a LEO all day in an under front. Would've been a really nice complement to Karlaftis.

But they just weren't gonna go that route before they knew what they had in Karlaftis.
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 10-12-2022
Well, thru 5 games Karlaftis hasn't exactly popped off the screen much. He's made a few plays, but is it a stretch to say he's been a bit underwhelming?
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 10-12-2022
Well, thru 5 games Karlaftis hasn't exactly popped off the screen much. He's made a few plays, but is it a stretch to say he's been a bit underwhelming?
He's winning and getting pressure, just hasn't translated to sacks just yet.

I'm sure he's "underwhelming" for somebody dying to give up draft picks for an edge rusher though.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He's winning and getting pressure, just hasn't translated to sacks just yet.

I'm sure he's "underwhelming" for somebody dying to give up draft picks for an edge rusher though.
We're one of the worst teams in the league vs the pass and teams are consistently throwing the ball.

I dunno, seems like alot of opportunities out there to rush the QB and other than Chris Jones, doesn't seem like much there.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 10-12-2022
We're one of the worst teams in the league vs the pass and teams are consistently throwing the ball.

I dunno, seems like alot of opportunities out there to rush the QB and other than Chris Jones, doesn't seem like much there.
That stat is skewered based on the Bucs and Cardinals game. We went up big early. They had no choice to throw and we played prevent allowing them to get yards as long as clock was burned.

Not saying it’s not an issue but it looks far worse on the stat sheet than it really is
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
That stat is skewered based on the Bucs and Cardinals game. We went up big early. They had no choice to throw and we played prevent allowing them to get yards as long as clock was burned.

Not saying it’s not an issue but it looks far worse on the stat sheet than it really is
Not saying that's not the case, but we seem to say that every year and it ends up "nah, they just aren't good".
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 10-12-2022
Not really - this is the kind of player he is. He's not a flashy guy; he's a lunchpail SDE who will win some reps with effort.

I think it was Matt Derrick who said he was going to set the franchise rookie sack record - I just never saw that.

He's been good. He's been solid in the run and at least someone you have to account for on the rush. I think he's got about 15 pressures thus far and while 3/gm isn't world altering, it's solid. Crosby's at about 4/gm (22 total).

Speaking of Crosby - the Raiders have got to get some DE depth. I mean I remember vividly the 2 sacks and one of his hurries in the first quarter(ish) of that game. In TOTAL he had 2 sacks and 2 hurries. So after that 1st quarter flurry where he just wrecked Wylie coming and going, he only had one hurry from that point forward.

And some of that HAS to be fatigue. Guy's already at 314 snaps on the season. Those are DB numbers. You can't ask him to keep doing that.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 AM 10-12-2022
And this right here is exactly why teams shouldn’t pay big money to corners unless they are generational.

Wtf is Watson supposed to do here? It’s a bullshit vet move by Adams. The ball is not thrown to the outside so Adams can jump into a corner, pull him down and get a DPI call?

Yeah these need to be reviewable. Every single one of them. This was not a penalty and should have been overturned.

In the league now to get PI, wide receivers just have to jump into a corner on an under thrown ball to draw the flag, Especially if the CB doesn’t get their head around. Not only does Adams sell that but he also pulls Watson into him and tackles him to the ground to sell the PI. pic.twitter.com/frlWCyO3B6

— Nick Jacobs (@Jacobs71) October 12, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 09:40 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Not really - this is the kind of player he is. He's not a flashy guy; he's a lunchpail SDE who will win some reps with effort.

I think it was Matt Derrick who said he was going to set the franchise rookie sack record - I just never saw that.

He's been good. He's been solid in the run and at least someone you have to account for on the rush. I think he's got about 15 pressures thus far and while 3/gm isn't world altering, it's solid. Crosby's at about 4/gm (22 total).

Speaking of Crosby - the Raiders have got to get some DE depth. I mean I remember vividly the 2 sacks and one of his hurries in the first quarter(ish) of that game. In TOTAL he had 2 sacks and 2 hurries. So after that 1st quarter flurry where he just wrecked Wylie coming and going, he only had one hurry from that point forward.

And some of that HAS to be fatigue. Guy's already at 314 snaps on the season. Those are DB numbers. You can't ask him to keep doing that.
Yeah, Crosby just wore down, you could see it happen.

I don't think Karlaftis has been bad, he's been fine. But like you said, this was always what he was probably gonna be and why I think you need someone opposite him that isn't Frank Clark
[Reply]
staylor26 09:40 AM 10-12-2022
Yea that's the kind of bs DPI that makes me hate the NFL.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 185
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139 > Last »
Up