ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 89 of 120
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:26 PM 09-18-2023
Fuck him.

Fuck them.

He should've been DFA'd 3 months ago. I'm not celebrating this embarrassing stat-chasing horseshit.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:29 PM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
**** him.

**** them.

He should've been DFA'd 3 months ago. I'm not celebrating this embarrassing stat-chasing horseshit.
:-)
[Reply]
bdj23 09:15 PM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I swear to Christ you are a complete broken record. We got 99 problems but Noot aint one.
Noot is like 2nd on the team in WAR. Or at least he was a month ago last time i watched a game...
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:15 PM 09-18-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Noot is like 2nd on the team in WAR. Or at least he was a month ago last time i watched a game...
I was looking at Baseball Prospectus' dynasty rankings for fantasy baseball the other day and it had Lars Nootbar at number 97. It was just updated and this includes big time prospects. I was a little stunned to see him that high.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:28 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
I was looking at Baseball Prospectus' dynasty rankings for fantasy baseball the other day and it had Lars Nootbar at number 97. It was just updated and this includes big time prospects. I was a little stunned to see him that high.
Noot is an excellent all around player. He's never going to be a superstar but he'll win you some games and he's steady.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 09-19-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:

:-):-):-):-):-)
Congrats, Waino.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:03 PM 09-19-2023
I think I'm with Left Nut on this 200 situation. No I don't give a fuck how much adversity he faced to get it, it took a piss poor season to drag it out this long.
[Reply]
raybec 4 10:25 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
I think I'm with Left Nut on this 200 situation. No I don't give a **** how much adversity he faced to get it, it took a piss poor season to drag it out this long.
Not shitting on Waino at all because he was really good for a long time. Having said that, this season was not about anything but getting to 200 for Waino and it really handcuffed the team because they weren't willing to spend over their self imposed cap to get another decent pitcher. The front office fucked that cat but Waino damn sure held the tail.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 09-20-2023
Flaherty sent to the 'pen.

One Orioles fan comment: "We'd be all set if he were as good as he thinks he is..."

Man - they figured Flaherty out in a HURRY, didn't they?

Guess they're all racist rednecks as well...right?
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:56 AM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Flaherty sent to the 'pen.

One Orioles fan comment: "We'd be all set if he were as good as he thinks he is..."

Man - they figured Flaherty out in a HURRY, didn't they?

Guess they're all racist rednecks as well...right?
Obviously race plays a huge role in Flaherty's failings. He's oppressed.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:58 AM 09-20-2023
I always forget Flaherty has Shaun King syndrome.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:05 PM 09-20-2023
i haven't really watched the Cards this season, but my understanding is that Waino was not the reason STL is the worst team in baseball. The couple games I tried to watch Waino wasn't even pitching.

The Cards can't play defense. Can't run the bases competently. The manager appears to be an idiot. Our catcher appears to be kind of an idiot.

And those are just the issues I'm vaguely familiar with.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:10 PM 09-20-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
i haven't really watched the Cards this season, but my understanding is that Waino was not the reason STL is the worst team in baseball. The couple games I tried to watch Waino wasn't even pitching.

The Cards can't play defense. Can't run the bases competently. The manager appears to be an idiot. Our catcher appears to be kind of an idiot.

And those are just the issues I'm vaguely familiar with.
Their defense is middle of the road so it ain't that. The entire starting pitching staff has been buttered ass, including Waino. The manager is a complete tool and Contreras is not a good defender and can't call a game to save his life.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:53 PM 09-20-2023
Their defense is middle of the road so it ain't that. The entire starting pitching staff has been buttered ass, including Waino. The manager is a complete tool and Contreras is not a good defender and can't call a game to save his life.

I can only comment on the couple games I tried to watch, and the last one was about a month ago, but the defense was ass in those games. I mean, it was embarrassing. Maybe I just caught them on a couple really bad days.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:13 PM 09-20-2023
Their defense COULD be elite.

Arenado - Wynn - Edman - Goldschmidt

O'Neill - Nootbaar - A traffic Cone (which would be an upgrade on Walker)

The IF defense would be stellar but we won't just set it like that. And the OF defense, if you'd put Carlson in CF and Noot in RF, would be well above average.

They have the talent to be a premier defensive team - they just keep putting lousy defenders out there instead. And moving guys around daily. And then wondering why their run prevention is flaming ass.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 120
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399 > Last »
Up