View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 89 of 343
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
-King- 08:39 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not gonna lie. I'd love to see how some of you would act if you were put in his position and had any conception what it took to reach that level.

A lot of reactionary drama queens here.
Obviously he's speaking relatively.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:42 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I've noted that play twice before. We have seen that same scenario far more times from OBJ. And it was one play from Thuney. You see it frequently in every NFL game. Thuney had great footwork, and made far, far more good plays than OBJ can. There is a post a few pages back where OBJ gave up 7 pressures in the AFCCG. Thuney had one, despite not playing the position all year.

And I will agree that this is probably not what plan A is going into the season, it is a solid plan B. It's not like we have no option if OBJ holds out. It's one that can suffice for a season. Thuney and Allgretti are fine.
2 completely different games and 2 completely different Mahomes... OBJ is a way better left tackle, especially the 2nd half of the year than Thuney. Mahomes was holding the ball in the AFCG for way to long. I'm not avocating for $27-30 mil a year, but I'm fine with $2-24 let him have bragging rights and he will be back to being slotted 5-10 in salary as the market resets over the next 2 years.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:57 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Not gonna lie. I'd love to see how some of you would act if you were put in his position and had any conception what it took to reach that level.

A lot of reactionary drama queens here.
:-)

How is stating FACT being a drama queen? Maybe you should do a little research on his draft failures before you make personal attacks. Since you seem as lazy as Brown and just as entitled-I will post the lowlights for you.

Wiki- top of the list.
The performance possibly hurt his draft stock after he was widely considered a first round pick among draft experts and scouts. He fared poorly at the combine, putting up 14 reps on bench press, 5.85 40-yard dash (same as his father's Pro Day score), 82-inch broad jump, and a 19.5 vertical jump.
NFL Draft: 2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 83

But here- straight from his mouth. Complete dismal failure. Slowest and weakest at the combine.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ons-evaluators

Orlando felt his namesake would carry him and did not put in the work. His work ethic has always been shit. Now, after a very average season where he was shit in the run game- he wants the largest bag in NFL history?? :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A very real part of me wants to shop him now and bring Fisher back. Maybe Tennessee would jump on him, he'd be perfect for their system.
If we could get Denico Autry and a 3rd for OBJ, get Fisher signed then flip the 3rd to Chicago for Quinn I'd JIMP.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:04 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
My guess is he doesn't want to go to training camp
Tough shit - deadline is Friday.

You think he's gonna avoid signing a long-term deal that guarantees him generational wealth and locks him in at LT for a Super Bowl contender because he wants to skip a couple weeks of practice?

No way.

It's either a bluff or he simply has an unreasonable understanding of his value. Or shit, maybe he doesn't - and if that's his value, we need to move on. Because that's a poisonous contract at the figures being rumored.

Gotta remain rational even in the face of tough circumstances. Fisher can hold down the spot adequately and in many ways is a better fit for Reid's system anyway.
[Reply]
TEX 09:05 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
It'd be a bit more than just season altering if he held out. We're playing one of the toughest schedules in history and on top of that traded away one of the best WRs in the game. Add OL uncertainty on top of that as well and we may just be DOA. Mahomes is a ****ing savant but that's a tremendous ask even for him.
That's exactly why OBJ is making his demands now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:13 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Oxford:
He knows Niang isn't ready, and his comment about a backup LT is to the guy they signed Geron something and the other LT from the practice squad.
I definitely didn't love hearing that. Because yeah, it was clearly sending a message.

And now he's trying to play hardball because he thinks he has the Chiefs cornered.

I just don't think I agree. Fish is only 31, has always been a plus athlete for the position, is familiar with the offense and is another year removed from his injury.

He'll be no worse than average.

I was completely in favor of giving him a deal that makes me uncomfortable but is ultimately fair. But if this is truly how he wants to do things - well that's the choice HE made.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:24 PM 07-13-2022
Honestly I don’t really care anymore. I hate making judgements on a player in these negotiations when all we have are dudes sending out tweets and almost no facts. That being said, if he thinks a holdout is the way to go, he can get himself fucked.

Take the money he’s leaving behind this year, sign Fisher and ditch him at the earliest convenience next offseason. He should know that we’re not going to wait for him. We’ve got Super Bowls to win, not games of grab ass to play
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:43 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
It really does matter, especially in this situation where they used the non exclusive tag where he can negotiate with other teams and get a feel for the current market.
That would indicate he wants to stay in KC.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:04 AM 07-14-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
:-)

How is stating FACT being a drama queen? Maybe you should do a little research on his draft failures before you make personal attacks. Since you seem as lazy as Brown and just as entitled-I will post the lowlights for you.

Wiki- top of the list.
The performance possibly hurt his draft stock after he was widely considered a first round pick among draft experts and scouts. He fared poorly at the combine, putting up 14 reps on bench press, 5.85 40-yard dash (same as his father's Pro Day score), 82-inch broad jump, and a 19.5 vertical jump.
NFL Draft: 2018 / Round: 3 / Pick: 83

But here- straight from his mouth. Complete dismal failure. Slowest and weakest at the combine.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ons-evaluators

Orlando felt his namesake would carry him and did not put in the work. His work ethic has always been shit. Now, after a very average season where he was shit in the run game- he wants the largest bag in NFL history?? :-)
19 inch vertical jump loooll

also that is insane he could not bench 225 more than that. When I used to lift at 190 lbs at 22 years old I could do 13. And he is like 350 lbs. Wow.
[Reply]
Rasputin 03:07 AM 07-14-2022
Man I felt bad for Eric Fishing going down a Quarter away from going to the Super Bowl back to back. What a difference he would have been in that game too. We may not have won but sure could have gave us a fighting chance and not let that defense take advantage of all 5 backups, at least one starting caliber offensive lineman would have been nice.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:14 AM 07-14-2022
There will be no deal unless he comes down on his price. Clearly Veach is not caving just because of the pick he gave up. Bottom line is this: Brown's performance has not been even close to being good enough to give him more than any other LT in the league and no team would give him that. End of story.

If he does play on the tag and plays like a stud against our schedule then maybe that changes but he hasn't and I doubt he can. Veach isn't changing his stance for a guy that Bosa can just run right past at will.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:13 AM 07-14-2022
I'll just say this: a healthy Fisher is a top 10--ish LT.

I find it odd that he's a free agent. If he's healthy.

Maybe he's not healthy. Maybe the back issues continue.

But if he IS... maybe he's watching and waiting.
It's CP, and don't we love a conspiracy theory?
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:15 AM 07-14-2022
How about instead of giving him a deal we just cut the fat lazy bastard and put in someone that is hungry.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:08 AM 07-14-2022
So much emotion!

I’ll reserve judgment until we see what happens by the deadline and with him regarding the tag.

If he’s shooting too high and has to play on the tag, OK. If he disrupts his practice schedule or he holds out or something like that, then I think any criticism you want to fire is warranted.

But until that happens, it’s all posturing to me a mind I’m not going to get too high or low about it.
[Reply]
Page 89 of 343
« First < 39798586878889 9091929399139189 > Last »
Up