ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 110
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:09 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Spott:
It’s right there on his Facebook page open to the public should anyone want to tell him what a worthless dickbag piece of shit he is, which I encourage everyone to do.
And his reaction will be "Hey, another click!"
[Reply]
ghak99 11:21 AM 02-16-2024
I'm not going to get too butt hurt over that cartoon.

I certainly wouldn't have published it, but I have no way of defending the shit hole that the east side has become and it's hard to argue that that shit hole in particular isn't affecting the whole city. This conflict just happened to raise its ugly head at a high profile event that people actually cared about and during a time when a lot of city officials are trying to jam a new ballpark into an area many fans have concerns about. They didn't give a shit when they swept the 100+ bad actions under the KC rug last year. Most of them just rolled the counter back to 0 and tried to ignore it. Maybe the event, and perhaps even the cartoon, will lead to someone actually attempting to correct the real issues that have been allowing the east side to smear shit all over the walls of KC for far too long, but I doubt it.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:24 AM 02-16-2024
Pretty sure Columbine, Boulder, and Aurora are all just outside of Denver. They of all people shouldn't be making fun of public shootings.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 AM 02-16-2024

Taylor Swift has donated $100,000 to the GoFundMe for the family of Lisa Lopez-Galvan, who was tragically shot and killed during the #Chiefs Super Bowl parade.

The goal was $75,000. 🙏 pic.twitter.com/nAJNu9IZs9

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 16, 2024

[Reply]
DaFace 11:31 AM 02-16-2024
Yikes. That's gross. (The cartoon, not Taylor's donation. :-))
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:31 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Stepping up for one of our own. :-)
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:32 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Wow.

That's why you pieces of shit are Broncos fans.

What in the Actual Fuck? Who does this? That guy should immediately be fired. There is insensitive prick and then there is this fucking guy. Even Donk fan has to be embarrassed by this waste of skin.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:46 AM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
I'm not going to get too butt hurt over that cartoon.

I certainly wouldn't have published it, but I have no way of defending the shit hole that the east side has become and it's hard to argue that that shit hole in particular isn't affecting the whole city. This conflict just happened to raise its ugly head at a high profile event that people actually cared about and during a time when a lot of city officials are trying to jam a new ballpark into an area many fans have concerns about. They didn't give a shit when they swept the 100+ bad actions under the KC rug last year. Most of them just rolled the counter back to 0 and tried to ignore it. Maybe the event, and perhaps even the cartoon, will lead to someone actually attempting to correct the real issues that have been allowing the east side to smear shit all over the walls of KC for far too long, but I doubt it.
IIRC wasn't there some incident before the parade in 2020 where some dude was driving like a madman on the parade route, possibly being chased by the police? I know it was something like that...

KC has some work to do. There was a shooting earlier a few blocks away as well I guess, the police Chief said they didn't know if it was related. Damn.
[Reply]
Pablo 11:58 AM 02-16-2024
You see rainman when we bash Denver it’s very well deserved
[Reply]
luv 12:00 PM 02-16-2024
I was just reading where Patrick and Brittany visited the Reyes girls yesterday.
[Reply]
In58men 12:16 PM 02-16-2024

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
TheGreatCassholio 12:17 PM 02-16-2024

Two juveniles have been charged in connection to the shooting at the Kansas City Chiefs Super Bowl parade that left one person dead and 22 others injured, officials say. https://t.co/wZcJjLoI6k

— Breaking News (@BreakingNews) February 16, 2024

[Reply]
BWillie 12:20 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's great for Mahomes to do that. This has to be the last thing he wanted to be doing after winning two straight and all of the previous days media obligations. Man of the people.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:22 PM 02-16-2024
Originally Posted by TheGreatCassholio:
Have fun getting charged as an adult.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:23 PM 02-16-2024
So I will take a little time to explain how this looks as someone who carries, and has a little bit of training and experience. This is a nightmare scenario for someone carrying, for law enforcement, for bodyguards, for security of any kind. Let’s look at it from a carry perspective.

You are there, most likely with family, and/or friends. Your number one priority is keeping them safe, and getting them out of the immediate vicinity of danger presents. With a million people crammed into a few block area, there is really no way to get out if things start happening close to you. In a heartbeat you need to figure out where the threat is, where you need to go to get away, grab your people up and go. Or do you make them leave and you try to stop the immediate threat.

Let’s say you go for the threat. You now have to battle against all the people who are running in every direction and in panic. Panicking people are not rational, they will knock you down, then you will be stomped by the crowd. You then need to realize, you have to open lane to engage the threat. No lane between the two of you, no clear lane around the target, nothing open behind the target. Innocent people running everywhere. You can’t engage, you are now running forward making yourself a bigger target with each step closer.

Let’s look at it from the point of leaving. You see the threat, you get your group going the opposite direction. You do everything you can to protect yourself and them. Any training you receive that is worth a dime, will teach you protect yourself and your family. Everyone else is on their own, sounds harsh, but it’s the best way to protect yourself. You have no obligation to protect others in these moments, odds will favor things getting worse if you intervene. If you are not the target, you get out.

So you leave, now people who are ignorant say, “Where is the good guy with a gun?” You don’t intervene in one of the most dangerous situations possible, it confirms their bias, you intervene and it goes bad, confirms their bias. Also can put you in prison, or you have to live with a terrible tragedy that you brought on. With the amount of things that can go wrong, the risk is not worth it. The odds of you making it way worse is so much higher than improving things.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 110
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298 > Last »
Up