ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 157
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022-2023 College Basketball Thread****
Pablo 06:23 PM 11-11-2022
Games tipped off this week. Feel free to post any and all college basketball info and thoughts in this thread.

Here’s how the top 25 started out

[Reply]
Bearcat 05:46 PM 03-19-2023
We've reached the bargaining phase.
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:49 PM 03-19-2023
Didn’t realize how shady Sean Miller is until I watched the local AZ news being all butthurt about him
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 06:07 PM 03-19-2023
Tom Izzo is such a GOAT.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:31 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Tom Izzo is such a GOAT.
My buddy has a wager with his wife on a bracket (hilariously he’s much more competitive against his wife than if he’d have bet 10 grand on it) and he bet against Izzo. I was thinking about it and it would be hard for me to bet against Izzo in the first weekend. I didn’t say shit about it salt wound and all. But yeah. Tough take to bet against izzo.
[Reply]
notorious 06:38 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by :
During the final moments of Kansas State’s thrilling 75-69 victory over Kentucky in the second round of the NCAA Tournament, Jerome Tang instructed his team to inbound the ball with a football-style play.

It began with five K-State players standing under the basket together. Senior forward Keyontae Johnson clutched the ball in his right hand like a quarterback and then watched as his four teammates zoomed onto the court in coordinated directions as if they were wide receivers running routes on the gridiron.

Three K-State players moved up the court as decoys for the Kentucky defense, while senior guard Markquis Nowell only moved a few feet and then waited for a pass from Johnson.

The successful play allowed Nowell to wait for Kentucky to foul him and then calmly make free throws to help clinch a monumental win that propelled K-State to its first Sweet 16 in five years.

When asked about the play afterward, Tang tried not to get into specifics, because “then the other team will know next time we have to use it.” But he did share one notable piece of information about the play. K-State named it after Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

“We actually call it Mahomes, for Patrick Mahomes,” Tang said. “You know, the quarterback for the Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs.”

Mahomes keeps finding ways to win big games, even when he’s not playing in them and the sport isn’t football.
Awesome.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 06:41 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by notorious:
Awesome.
Okay now I know which team I'm rooting for the rest of the way.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:51 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Tom Izzo is such a GOAT.
???? When was the last time he was nationally relevant ? He had a chance to win a title 13 years ago, now, he’s normally a High seed with double digit losses. He can’t recruit anyone good, because his awful defensive chokehold style doesn’t attract top talent

If you went back to 2005ish and asked: if he coaches 20 more, will he win another title? Everyone would say yeah . Instead he went down the toilet - where his style belongs
[Reply]
kstater 07:00 PM 03-19-2023
Shocking that Baylor can't play defense. Pretty obvious who their leader was.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:00 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
???? When was the last time he was nationally relevant ? He had a chance to win a title 13 years ago, now, he’s normally a High seed with double digit losses. He can’t recruit anyone good, because his awful defensive chokehold style doesn’t attract top talent

If you went back to 2005ish and asked: if he coaches 20 more, will he win another title? Everyone would say yeah . Instead he went down the toilet - where his style belongs
Well, they beat arguably the most talented team with pros in the past 5 years in the Elite 8 in 2019 before losing in the Final Four.
[Reply]
notorious 07:03 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Okay now I know which team I'm rooting for the rest of the way.
Coach formatted it like we do on CP.

He might be a member.......
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:07 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Well, they beat arguably the most talented team with pros in the past 5 years in the Elite 8 in 2019 before losing in the Final Four.
I guess I was looking for something more impressive from a “GOAT”
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:11 PM 03-19-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
I guess I was looking for something more impressive from a “GOAT”
K didn’t really do much from the 2015-last year until the Final Four.

Roy didn’t do much his last decade of coaching aside from two really good seasons (in which he could have won the title in both) and included two bad/average seasons at the end.

Calhoun went from NIT to natty victory to first round loss his last three seasons. I’d put Calhoun a step above Izzo all time, though.
[Reply]
kstater 07:12 PM 03-19-2023
I just realized , K-State is wearing white both games next week if they win the first one.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:16 PM 03-19-2023
:-):-):-):-):-)Blue Jay's be moven on to the sweet 16.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:17 PM 03-19-2023
PB, how would you rate the following:

Calhoun
Pitino
Self
Wright
Knight
Roy
Donovan
[Reply]
Page 88 of 157