ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 367
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:58 AM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
When is this? We'll be in Springfield Saturday.
[Reply]
KC native 09:18 AM 07-24-2015
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Doubt many people at all who moves in that situation is really thinking "better that guy than me!" at that moment.... probably more like "oh shit!" If there was a second to think about it though, moving gives the guy another car length+ to stop. :-)
I know. If I would have seen him and been able to move, then I would have.

I'm just being selfish because the guy destroyed my awesome car when he could have destroyed a piece of shit SUV (the X5).
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:50 PM 07-26-2015
Here's Garry Deans video from his channel on YouTube. He lost the SD card of the video when he was using his 2 step process to auto correct the paint. He does give you the before and after and what he did to transform the car.

[Reply]
lewdog 04:02 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Here's Garry Deans video from his channel on YouTube. He lost the SD card of the video when he was using his 2 step process to auto correct the paint. He does give you the before and after and what he did to transform the car.

Cool stuff. Sad he lost that SD card. Can't believe at the shit on the paint to start. Do you mind sharing what that full paint correction cost you?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:33 PM 07-27-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Cool stuff. Sad he lost that SD card. Can't believe at the shit on the paint to start. Do you mind sharing what that full paint correction cost you?
I got the wheels done too. Got a 2nd coat of his sealant. Supposed to not have to wax ever again. Total bill........$1,300
[Reply]
lewdog 06:04 PM 07-28-2015
Question that hopefully Jason can answer but anyone else can chime in as well. The Stang has run Royal Purple 5W20 (recommended) in it it's whole life. I am changing the oil this weekend. I don't mind sticking with Royal Purple and probably will, but should I be using something other than the manufacture's recommendation of 5W20 since it's so hot here in Phoenix....maybe 5W30 instead since the oil thins at high temperatures anyway?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:05 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I got the wheels done too. Got a 2nd coat of his sealant. Supposed to not have to wax ever again. Total bill........$1,300
Not a bad price actually. Figured it would be around $1,500 at least.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 PM 07-28-2015
Starting to get some mods from fellow Scat Pack Shaker owners showing up on the internet. Some really cool ideas. Screw the warranty. I think this is so cool. :-)

[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:52 PM 07-28-2015
Not a bad price actually. Figured it would be around $1,500 at least.
I paid $1000 back in 2005 to get my mustang's paint sealed. Pic is 10 years later. I think if you are going to buy a car, you need to seal the paint.

[Reply]
Buehler445 08:30 PM 07-28-2015
Question that hopefully Jason can answer but anyone else can chime in as well. The Stang has run Royal Purple 5W20 (recommended) in it it's whole life. I am changing the oil this weekend. I don't mind sticking with Royal Purple and probably will, but should I be using something other than the manufacture's recommendation of 5W20 since it's so hot here in Phoenix....maybe 5W30 instead since the oil thins at high temperatures anyway?
Cars almost everywhere run at 210 all the time. I would stick with 5-20
[Reply]
lewdog 09:01 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm reading that many in hot climates, who don't see cold starts but extreme heat like 105+ degrees for months on end like we get, run something like 10w30/40 on a GT or higher. Hence my question specific to my region.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 07-28-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I have these performance pages on my car. I get real time data. When I saw the 210-220 temps I freaked out briefly until I checked the norms.
[Reply]
KC native 08:55 AM 07-29-2015
Some of the Mazdaspeed guys that are in hotter climates run 5W30 when the manual calls for 5W20 because of the heat breakdown of the oil.

I run Rotella T6 in mine (the geeks that pay for oil analysis have convinced me that's the way to go for my motor).
[Reply]
SAUTO 11:48 AM 07-29-2015
i wold run exactly what it calls for in that 3v.

ford blames all their cam timing issues on the wrong weight oil.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 01:28 PM 07-29-2015
I got a question for all you auto savvy bitches

I bought my Jeep Wrangler last month and it has 111,000 miles on it as of now..the man who owned it before me bought it brand new in 2003 and never went off road in it..it's pretty obvious he didn't..it has no scratches no dents highway tires he put Gabriel shocks on it and after some research on the found out they are made for highway applications

I plan on keeping this Jeep for well over 10 years..my 10 year old son says he wants it as his first vehicle..so that being said..here are my questions

Does anybody know any weak spots or trouble spots with the motor I can address before they become problems..it has the inline 6 cylinder..4.0

What upgrades would you do for it if it was your Jeep and you were going to give it to a 16 year old boy after a few years..I was going to put a 2.5 inch suspension lift kit mud tires and air locker in the rear end

Any other suggestions or advice on anything

I have tasted the antifreeze and it doesn't have enough AIDS flavor to it so I am flushing it this weekend
[Reply]
Page 88 of 367
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up