ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 172
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
penguinz 01:42 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by eDave:
I meant that he would have noticed it physically. Meaning, how would he not know a cell phone is in his pocket. I'd notice that. Battery is much lighter.
Chuck did not have a cell phone in his pocket. Jimmy had the cell phone. It was the battery from Saul's phone that was in Chuck's pocket.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:53 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:
Kim heard Jimmy's confession on the tape. That will really bother her and she'll move on soon, likely as soon as this hearing is over. Chuck looks like he might be headed to the loony bin. What I can't figure out is what's the cause of Jimmy changing his name to Saul Goodman. Any ideas?

Only thing I can figure is that HHM drops the M and the McGill name is poison.

Provides a nice yin/yang to the first season where Chuck wanted Jimmy to change his name so Chuck wouldn't be affected by Jimmy's actions. Now Jimmy will change his name so he's not affected by the association with Chuck.
[Reply]
Gonzo 01:58 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Chuck did not have a cell phone in his pocket. Jimmy had the cell phone. It was the battery from Saul's phone that was in Chuck's pocket.
I think that's what they're saying.
If he had slipped an entire phone, it would've been noticed.

There is precedence in the series that Chuck thinks batteries are the Debbil.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:44 PM 05-10-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
I think that's what they're saying.
If he had slipped an entire phone, it would've been noticed.

There is precedence in the series that Chuck thinks batteries are the Debbil.
I see what you are saying. I think you are right. I will go back and take a 3rd grade reading comprehension course!
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:54 PM 05-10-2017
Kim heard Jimmy's confession on the tape. That will really bother her and she'll move on soon, likely as soon as this hearing is over. Chuck looks like he might be headed to the loony bin. What I can't figure out is what's the cause of Jimmy changing his name to Saul Goodman. Any ideas?
Sounds Jewy. I've always figured he would get more clients as a jewish lawyer.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 09:05 PM 05-10-2017
She knew he did it before the trial. He admitted it to her. It is the "thing they don't talk about."
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:47 AM 05-11-2017
What I can't figure out is what's the cause of Jimmy changing his name to Saul Goodman. Any ideas?
Why he changed his name in the first place, or why that particular name? He mentions in BB that his clients prefer a "pipe hitting member of the tribe"
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 06:50 AM 05-11-2017
I find myself more eager and hungry for the next episode than I normally have been in prior weeks. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 02:45 PM 05-11-2017
Chuck's going to die alone, hooked to machines.

Comeuppance is a bitch.
[Reply]
notorious 07:01 PM 05-11-2017
Why does everyone think something bad happens to Kim?

I know that's kind of the BB way, but we really don't know.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:27 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Kim = Jessie in this scenario I think.

She stands up for jimmy the way Jessie did for Walt. (Until the very end)
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:41 PM 05-11-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Because, in Albuquerque, you can't have nice things.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:53 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Sounds Jewy. I've always figured he would get more clients as a jewish lawyer.
:-)

Saul: It's all
Good: Good
Man: Man

Translation?

It's all good, man.

Saul Goodman
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:55 AM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Kim = Jessie in this scenario I think.

She stands up for jimmy the way Jessie did for Walt. (Until the very end)
Jessie is still alive and according of Cranston (to whom I agree), so is Walt.

Jessie is confirmed.
[Reply]
MahiMike 01:31 PM 05-14-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
:-)

Saul: It's all
Good: Good
Man: Man

Translation?

It's all good, man.

Saul Goodman
Man that never hit me. Duh.