ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 88 of 192
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 07:34 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The sweet spot for pass-rushers is in the 2nd.

I would have liked my choice of WR at 31 but Baltimore probably would have taken my guy anyway at 27.
To me, the WR's in play at 31 were Bateman and Marshall.

Bateman has since seen his stock rise and probably won't be there. Marshall has the injury thing now and he's probably looking at the early 2nd round.

That next group of guys is actually pretty large. One of them is going to be available at 58.

And yes, the sweet spot for pass rushers is in the 2nd.
[Reply]
O.city 08:30 AM 04-27-2021
The more I've read about Wr's the more I think the difference in the one we'd get at 31 and the one in the 60's isn't that much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:32 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
The more I've read about Wr's the more I think the difference in the one we'd get at 31 and the one in the 60's isn't that much.
It really isn't. The same is true of the DE's as well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:34 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It really isn't. The same is true of the DE's as well.
The draft just drops off after about 16 so trading for Brown was a no brainer.

I think we've seen it be so much more of the norm to trade those late firsts for established players as you and I have talked about.

The Chiefs looked at what they coudl get there and just pulled a "nah".
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:36 AM 04-27-2021

I think we've seen it be so much more of the norm to trade those late firsts for established players as you and I have talked about.

Yep.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 04-27-2021
Yep.
That was always my thing with trading up. I think it was better than sitting where they were, but they just couldn't trade up far enough for cheap.

Once this opportunity presented itself you just had to do it.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:02 AM 04-27-2021

Agreed
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:08 AM 04-27-2021
I’m interested to see what Marshall’s medicals end up being. Does he fall 10 picks to the top of the 2nd? Or does he free fall to the end of the 2nd.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:19 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m interested to see what Marshall’s medicals end up being. Does he fall 10 picks to the top of the 2nd? Or does he free fall to the end of the 2nd.
I don't think he falls far enough and honestly, I'm on the Dyami Brown train in the 2nd.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:20 AM 04-27-2021
I don't think he falls far enough and honestly, I'm on the Dyami Brown train in the 2nd.
I don’t think he’ll be there either. I’d be happy if he was.
[Reply]
-King- 09:22 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You see the 3 dots up there next to his name? Click that and then go down to embed tweet to get the embed code. You're welcome
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 04-27-2021
I love that Jason’s dumbass can’t even type 31st correctly.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:35 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Williams is the best left tackle in the NFL, bar none, which is why he was the Chiefs first preference.

Stating that Chiefs would be better without Williams and four draft picks is absurd.

Also, I edited my post five minutes before you posted so you wouldn’t have seen the word Jones because it has been changed by that point.

Why am I not surprised at your disengenousness?
Sometimes serendipity is a good thing. And an alternate choice ends up being the best choice. Williams was the first choice. But trading for Brown at that time was a murky proposition. Williams is aging & hasn’t been able to complete a season without injury since 2013. The Chiefs just lost a Super Bowl because two aging tackles were not able to play due to injury. Do the math. BTW, was not disingenuous at all. Started a post and had to leave my PC for a few minutes. Completed it when I returned. What you shouldn’t be surprised at is your continued snarkiness. Narcissists can’t stand to be wrong. Bane of their existence. Some therapy might help you with that. Seriously. So go die on that Trent Williams hill if you want. Brown was a great move for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:44 AM 04-27-2021
The trade on surface level looks like a win/win for both teams in terms of the value. We raped them but DeCosta is probably going to turn that 31st pick into another 3rd.

And that’s okay.

They’re gonna build that team on the cheap bc they are an elite drafting franchise. Even though he gave his biggest threat Brown Jr, DeCosta knows that Lamar ain’t Patrick and is going to need as good of a team as possible to try and beat him.

It was dumb giving us Brown Jr but I can respect DeCosta’s long term plan
[Reply]
Hoover 09:54 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The trade on surface level looks like a win/win for both teams in terms of the value. We raped them but DeCosta is probably going to turn that 31st pick into another 3rd.

And that’s okay.

They’re gonna build that team on the cheap bc they are an elite drafting franchise. Even though he gave his biggest threat Brown Jr, DeCosta knows that Lamar ain’t Patrick and is going to need as good of a team as possible to try and beat him.

It was dumb giving us Brown Jr but I can respect DeCosta’s long term plan
Agree.

The problem for the Ravens is the same issue for everyone else in the AFC. The Chiefs window to win isn't closing anytime soon. When vital problems with the team appears, Veach goes to work to fix it. So now you have a Mahomes under contract forever, and 3/5s of an Oline and RB that will be in place for the foreseeable future. Skill positions with Hill and Kelce are set for the time being. All Veach needs to do is find talent at the WR and TE position in the draft.

The Defense just requires constant investment in the draft. Its amazing what Veach has done in the secondary and Dline. When big contracts like Clark's come off the books, we need to plow those resources into his replacement.

Its the golden era for Chiefs football fellas. Enjoy the ride.
[Reply]
Page 88 of 192
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up