View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 88 of 343
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 06:18 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Just hope he doesn't hold out. I fear he may be getting enough bad advice to do just that.
This is all that matters. The guy isn't obligated to sign a long-term deal with us. Play under the tag and let's revisit the situation next offseason. I'll hold no ill will toward him. If he wants to bet on himself, take the risk and do your thing.

But sit out? Oh, man. He'll go down amongst my least favorite Chiefs ever. This is a guy we brought in to play a premium position, the exact position he wanted, protecting the league's most valuable asset, who has been here for a year, and already he's forcing his will upon this team in potentially a season-altering way.

I won't jump to any conclusions until the situation works itself out. And I don't think it's worth any of your time doing otherwise.
[Reply]
Jamie 06:30 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He tied the Chiefs hands through his fairly apathetic approach to negotiations for months.
It makes me wonder if it was a purposeful attempt to put us over the barrel. Use the agent thing as an excuse not to negotiate, so we don't know he wants to set the market until it's too late for us to easily move on. If we knew what he was asking for at the beginning of the offseason we could have traded him, signed Armstead, and/or drafted a guy.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:40 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
My guess is he doesn't want to go to training camp
He doesn't want to go to training camp in a contract year but KC should guarantee him 70+ million dollars?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 06:49 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This is all that matters. The guy isn't obligated to sign a long-term deal with us. Play under the tag and let's revisit the situation next offseason. I'll hold no ill will toward him. If he wants to bet on himself, take the risk and do your thing.

But sit out? Oh, man. He'll go down amongst my least favorite Chiefs ever. This is a guy we brought in to play a premium position, the exact position he wanted, protecting the league's most valuable asset, who has been here for a year, and already he's forcing his will upon this team in potentially a season-alerting way.

I won't jump to any conclusions until the situation works itself out. And I don't think it's worth any of your time doing otherwise.
It'd be a bit more than just season altering if he held out. We're playing one of the toughest schedules in history and on top of that traded away one of the best WRs in the game. Add OL uncertainty on top of that as well and we may just be DOA. Mahomes is a fucking savant but that's a tremendous ask even for him.
[Reply]
wheeler08 07:16 PM 07-13-2022
Is his dad dead? Why is this kid so retarded? Wants paid top LT play when he’s barely above avg. if he sits out cuz he doesn’t get paid, does he really think another team is going to make him the highest paid after his fat ass sits on a couch eating cheezy puffs all year?
[Reply]
Coogs 07:20 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
He doesn't have the leverage some think he does. The Chiefs hold his rights for the next two years at less than what he is asking for. Also, Thuney came out and played LT against CINCY as well as Brown played all season. Eric Fisher who knows the offense and is healthy is available. I'd be fine with the Chiefs signing Fisher and knowing Thuney can play LT.

Brown really doesn't have leverage. If Thuney/Fisher comes in and balls out the first few weeks then Brown ain't getting his spot back.
I still think this is a factor in the negotiations. And Allegretti is very solid at guard. We will be fine.

Dallas had the best O-line in football for a couple of years. Where did that get them? Hell, we did too several years back. Same results as Dallas.

Thuney, Allegretti, Creed, Smith, and RT winner from camp will be good enough.
[Reply]
raybec 4 07:21 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
It doesn’t really matter when he hired his agent. You can take 3 months or 3 hours to come to your ultimate lines in the sand on price.
It really does matter, especially in this situation where they used the non exclusive tag where he can negotiate with other teams and get a feel for the current market.
[Reply]
crispystl 07:30 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
A lot of those were probably created by Mahomes double-clutching, holding onto the ball forever and running around like a chicken his head cut off lol

I love the dude, but it was like he completely forgot how to play football at points in that second half, particularly that last drive in regulation once we hit the red zone. I am 100% certain we'd have been better off with me at QB there instead of Pat. I was literally screaming at him through the TV to just fucking throw the ball- either to a receiver or into the fucking stands, just get rid of it.

It was so crazy, I swear I think Tyreek got in his head after the play to end the half. I’m starting the think the blow up at half time might’ve been more between Mahomes and Tyreek than anyone else. Maybe Pat stuck his nose out on the line to go for it and then was pissed Tyreek didn’t just cut it up immediately and that’s what led to it. I know something with the chemistry was off like crazy though and I’ve thought about this a lot. This is the best conclusion I can deduce. The comments Tyreek has made after he left seem to like up with this too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:33 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd say post-corner seems the likely route given that it would've been the wide side of the field and he could race a guy to the pylon.

So with that in mind, maybe this is the only defense I have here. IF the play was a post-corner route, perhaps Hill was supposed to break to the back/left pylon and in so doing draw that safety that's hanging around Hardman back a little bit to defend that throw (which is exactly what he'd have done, IMO).

So maybe Mahomes is trying to sell that route and stay on him to draw the S out of position a little bit. Maybe he wasn't 'stuck' on Hill - maybe he was just overselling the route and trying to manipulate the S; something he does to great effect quite often.

But even that 'defense' is pretty half-hearted. It's still a mistake. There needed to be some battlefield triage there. Hill was done - he'd been completely wiped out of the route. Any help, be it as a receiver or a decoy, that you thought you might get from him ain't gonna happen.

So come off him and find Hardman in the flat.

Hmm. Post corner does make sense there, purely from a play design standpoint.

If it's man, you assume one of your guys can outrun their defender (primarily Hill since he'll have a break). If it's zone, you hope flooding that side of the field with routes from Hill and Hardman forces that outside defender to make a choice.

It also has a nice levels effect. Read low left, mid left, then high left. Cuts the field in half and makes an easy read for the QB.

Either way, still doesn't absolve Mahomes of blame. Since it looked like man, there's no safety to manipulate, and no reason to stare down Tyreek beyond comfort.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 07:58 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I still think this is a factor in the negotiations. And Allegretti is very solid at guard. We will be fine.

Dallas had the best O-line in football for a couple of years. Where did that get them? Hell, we did too several years back. Same results as Dallas.

Thuney, Allegretti, Creed, Smith, and RT winner from camp will be good enough.
Thuney is not the answer at LT. He about got Mahomes killed in the first series of the 2nd half in that game and isn't as nearly as good of a LT as OBJ.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:03 PM 07-13-2022
OBJ would be a major fool to not sign his contract. He is barely above average and has always been lazy.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:05 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Thuney is not the answer at LT. He about got Mahomes killed in the first series of the 2nd half in that game and isn't as nearly as good of a LT as OBJ.
I've noted that play twice before. We have seen that same scenario far more times from OBJ. And it was one play from Thuney. You see it frequently in every NFL game. Thuney had great footwork, and made far, far more good plays than OBJ can. There is a post a few pages back where OBJ gave up 7 pressures in the AFCCG. Thuney had one, despite not playing the position all year.

And I will agree that this is probably not what plan A is going into the season, it is a solid plan B. It's not like we have no option if OBJ holds out. It's one that can suffice for a season. Thuney and Allgretti are fine.
[Reply]
Oxford 08:15 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
OBJ would be a major fool to not sign his contract. He is barely above average and has always been lazy.
He knows Niang isn't ready, and his comment about a backup LT is to the guy they signed Geron Christian and the other LT from the practice squad.

But it's okay, go ahead Orlando... don't play. Andy and Brett Veach will not miss you as they are not going to be backed into a corner about a contract. They will figure something out and it won't involve you. So next year you will be a year older and 16 million poorer (more based on what you have to pay your agent), and the Chiefs will still own your rights. So they tag you again and then you don't play (wash, rinse, repeat).

Now you can go out and do a Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs will get 2 firsts and you can move on.

I, D, 10, T
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:28 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Not gonna lie. I'd love to see how some of you would act if you were put in his position and had any conception what it took to reach that level.

A lot of reactionary drama queens here.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:37 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I've noted that play twice before. We have seen that same scenario far more times from OBJ. And it was one play from Thuney. You see it frequently in every NFL game. Thuney had great footwork, and made far, far more good plays than OBJ can. There is a post a few pages back where OBJ gave up 7 pressures in the AFCCG. Thuney had one, despite not playing the position all year.

And I will agree that this is probably not what plan A is going into the season, it is a solid plan B. It's not like we have no option if OBJ holds out. It's one that can suffice for a season. Thuney and Allgretti are fine.
I'm not particularly excited about having KC be tied to Brown with a long term contract.

On the other hand, it would be nice if Thuney at LT was plan B in the event of injuries...
[Reply]
Page 88 of 343
« First < 38788485868788 8990919298138188 > Last »
Up