Page 87 of 103
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 07:50 AM 03-19-2022
2022 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
raybec 4 07:56 AM 11-03-2022
Judge is not coming here. He turned down a huge bag to test the market. No way Mo outbids the Yanks or Dodgers.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:01 AM 11-03-2022
Yeah - John Mozeliak winning a bidding war for a FA coming off probably the best platform season EVER is a laughable idea.

Honestly, the possibility that he leaves the Yankees just seems so remote. They have the financial wherewithal and he has the franchise/fan equity.

This really should be a 'smash bid until you win' situation for NYY.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:02 AM 11-03-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Phillies jack 5 home runs last night. Tonight they get no-hit. Baseball a funny game.
It's harder to hit when you don't know what they're throwing.

I cannot overstate how easy McCullers made things for them 2 nights ago. When a guy really just uses his fastball to set up his breaking pitches, he can ill-afford to let them know what's coming.

He had no chance at all. The only thing surprising about that outing was that he managed to get through the 2nd and 3rd without getting his head caved in.
[Reply]
jd1020 08:11 AM 11-03-2022
I can see Judge leaving. They haven't run things the same way George did. Cohen is trying to muscle his way onto the scene and buy a WS and literally no one has his money.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:21 PM 11-06-2022
https://www.cardinalsnation247.com/p...qDe04q_Gm1EI50

Matt Holiday announced as the Cardinals Bench coach.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:23 PM 11-06-2022
Harper 4-20 with 7 k’s
[Reply]
jd1020 03:28 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Harper 4-20 with 7 k’s
:-)

Man had a 217 wRC+ in the playoffs. What a fucking bum.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:04 PM 11-06-2022
Originally Posted by jd1020:
:-)

Man had a 217 wRC+ in the playoffs. What a fucking bum.
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/show...postcount=1296
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:01 PM 11-07-2022

Awards season:
In addition to winning his first-career Gold Glove, Brendan Donovan is a NL Rookie of the Year finalist.

Paul Goldschmidt and Nolan Arenado are finalists for the NL MVP award. #STLCards

— Katie Woo (@katiejwoo) November 8, 2022

[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:16 PM 11-07-2022

We have selected the contract of OF Moisés Gómez and added him to our 40-player roster.

Gómez, 24, batted .294 with 39 HR and 94 RBI over 120 games between Memphis (AAA) & Springfield (AA) in 2022.

His 39 HR led all of MiLB and set a #STLCards minor league single season record. pic.twitter.com/anuQaxWucU

— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) November 8, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:00 PM 11-10-2022
Y'all see the accounting tricks the Cardinals are going to pull to keep from raising payroll while claiming they are?

They're fully accounting for Wainwright AND Arenado's salary even though Wainwright is deferring a bunch and the Rockies are chipping in $16 million. They're putting about $25 million on the 'payroll' figure that they aren't actually spending.

So they're calling their current payroll $164 million w/ a target mark of $180-$185.

Which allows them to spend roughly the same amounts they spent in previous seasons while telling the good ol' BFIB that they're raising spending to be competitive.

I mean, nevermind the fact that MLB doesn't have a hard cap or that the Cardinals aren't anywhere near the luxury tax threshhold. It's still absolutely critical that they use GAAP principles in how they report to the fans instead of report it as Cash basis so they can fool the rubes yet again.

Fuck this franchise, man. These guys absolutely think you're an idiot.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:10 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Y'all see the accounting tricks the Cardinals are going to pull to keep from raising payroll while claiming they are?

They're fully accounting for Wainwright AND Arenado's salary even though Wainwright is deferring a bunch and the Rockies are chipping in $16 million. They're putting about $25 million on the 'payroll' figure that they aren't actually spending.

So they're calling their current payroll $164 million w/ a target mark of $180-$185.

Which allows them to spend roughly the same amounts they spent in previous seasons while telling the good ol' BFIB that they're raising spending to be competitive.

I mean, nevermind the fact that MLB doesn't have a hard cap or that the Cardinals aren't anywhere near the luxury tax threshhold. It's still absolutely critical that they use GAAP principles in how they report to the fans instead of report it as Cash basis so they can fool the rubes yet again.

**** this franchise, man. These guys absolutely think you're an idiot.
Well, there IS at least a small segment of your fanbase who think Yadier Molina is a more valuable player than Mike Trout, so I'm sure those guys are fooled.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:19 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Well, there IS at least a small segment of your fanbase who think Yadier Molina is a more valuable player than Mike Trout, so I'm sure those guys are fooled.
At a point I just admire the chutzpah.

This shit is public. It's easy to do the math.

And they're essentially the villains in a Bad Boys movie just audaciously assuming every opponent is the dumbest person in the world.

Bravo?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:04 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
99% of the Card fans who post in here have wanted Mo gone for a long time. Think Dewitt is a cheap owner.

They had a Pujols/Molina retirement ceremony last year at Bush. I was flabbergasted when Mo was introduced that he got loud cheers. Not polite applause but genuine.

I was so disappointed. Still bums me out. How can our feelings about the GM and owner be so different than those in the stadium?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:08 PM 11-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
99% of the Card fans who post in here have wanted Mo gone for a long time. Think Dewitt is a cheap owner.

They had a Pujols/Molina retirement ceremony last year at Bush. I was flabbergasted when Mo was introduced that he got loud cheers. Not polite applause but genuine.

I was so disappointed. Still bums me out. How can our feelings about the GM and owner be so different than those in the stadium?
Because half the world is below average...
[Reply]
Page 87 of 103
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up