ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 97
« First < 37778384858687 88899091 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:44 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
We took a gigantic risk with our offense last offseason and the payoff from that should encourage us to take more with our WR core in the future.
The payoff from that is that we don't have a WR that broke a 1,000 yards. It worked out statistically this year thanks to Kelce and McKinnon. But we've also seen the ramifications of that in losses to both the Bills and Bengals. You need blue chip players to beat teams loaded with blue chippers. You can't just keep asking Mahomes to make perfect throws to covered guys all the time. We've already seen that Mahomes is capable of off games as much as anyone.

You need guys capable of helping Mahomes, not just a roster of guys who need Mahomes to be magical to help THEM out. That might make for god regular season stats, but it doesn't win games against the NFL's elite.

You can't just keep piling marginal talent around Mahomes. I have no interest in Mahomes having an Aaron Rodgers career arc.

Chiefs fans have been infected by this disease ever since we traded Hill.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:50 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The payoff from that is that we don't have a WR that broke a 1,000 yards. It worked out statistically this year thanks to Kelce and McKinnon. But we've also seen the ramifications of that in losses to both the Bills and Bengals. You need blue chip players to beat teams loaded with blue chippers. You can't just keep asking Mahomes to make perfect throws to covered guys all the time. We've already seen that Mahomes is capable of off games as much as anyone.

You need guys capable of helping Mahomes, not just a roster of guys who need Mahomes to be magical to help THEM out. That might make for god regular season stats, but it doesn't win games against the NFL's elite.

You can't just keep piling marginal talent around Mahomes. I have no interest in Mahomes having an Aaron Rodgers career arc.

Our blue chippers (Mahomes/Kelce) turned the ball over in the most critical time to decide the game vs the Bengals and Bills.

I don’t get the “they didn’t add good players” discussion. Pacheco is awesome. Juju is a legit WR who has been an excellent 2nd option to Kelce and is a 1k WR if he doesn’t miss time due to injury.

Skyy is TBD but damn dude. This offense has some legit talent. I’d go as far to say that RB and TE positions as a whole are better this year than they have been in the last few years
[Reply]
O.city 01:55 PM 01-03-2023

Once Mahomes starting making the money he is, you've gotta make sacrifices somewhere. They decided at this point, to somewhat make it at WR.

Which with Mahomes and Andy here, would see like you can get guys with good skill sets and meld it all together, which they've done.

I do think you have to keep adding to the room via the draft though.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:59 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Our blue chippers (Mahomes/Kelce) turned the ball over in the most critical time to decide the game vs the Bengals and Bills.

I don’t get the “they didn’t add good players” discussion. Pacheco is awesome. Juju is a legit WR who has been an excellent 2nd option to Kelce and is a 1k WR if he doesn’t miss time due to injury.

Skyy is TBD but damn dude. This offense has some legit talent. I’d go as far to say that RB and TE positions as a whole are better this year than they have been in the last few years
Pacheco is a RB.

We're talking about WR's.

And no, don't try to convince me JuJu is "excellent". That debate goes back months. I ain't budging on it and imo, this season has only proven me correct.
[Reply]
O.city 02:01 PM 01-03-2023
JJSS is a good possession WR. A fine #2 guy.

You don't pay those guys. You go find the next one.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:01 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once Mahomes starting making the money he is, you've gotta make sacrifices somewhere. They decided at this point, to somewhat make it at WR.

Which with Mahomes and Andy here, would see like you can get guys with good skill sets and meld it all together, which they've done.

I do think you have to keep adding to the room via the draft though.
They need to land on at least one blue chipper at WR.

Fuck, even Rodgers had Adams.

Im watching Herbert throw prayer balls up at his WR's only to see them come down with one hand, toe tapping sideline catches.

Allen has Diggs.

Herbert has Williams and Allen.

Burrow has a fucking trio.

Mahomes gets.....JJSS? FML
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:03 PM 01-03-2023

Shit, not even the Chiefs are paying JJSS like a #2 as far as relative contracts are concerned. Dude is making Byron Pringle money.

Which just makes all those, "JJSS is gonna price himself out of KC" takes just hilariously cringe to me.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:04 PM 01-03-2023

100%. I’d be fine with getting rid of Mvs and juju. But you gotta replace that with a true WR1 and I still don’t see any issue paying for a mid to low tier WR1. You can get that cheaper than what we’d have to pay juju and Mvs combined.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:05 PM 01-03-2023
Shit, not even the Chiefs are paying JJSS like a #2 as far as relative contracts are concerned. Dude is making Byron Pringle money.

Which just makes all those, "JJSS is gonna price himself out of KC" takes just hilariously cringe to me.
I'm not opposed to him coming back at $9-10 million/yr.

I just don't see it happening. Which is why I'm content walking away from him vs offering him $16+ million/yr.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:05 PM 01-03-2023

I feel this way about Hardman tbh
[Reply]
RunKC 02:10 PM 01-03-2023
Allen has Diggs.

Herbert has Williams and Allen.

Burrow has a ****ing trio.

Mahomes gets.....JJSS? FML
One of these guys is getting paid huge money while the others are still cheap. That’s the difference.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:23 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
One of these guys is getting paid huge money while the others are still cheap. That’s the difference.
Not really a good excuse when the Chiefs were willing to pay $24M+ to Tyreek.

It's not a matter of money, it's a matter of finding the proper talent.

I still think Veach is willing to pay for a premiere WR, but in a perfect world he'd be home grown and won't have to pay him for another 4-5 years.

I don't believe that throwing B/C tier players at the position is a long term strategy, more just a short term solution for this season.

Someone in the draft thread mentioned trading for Hopkins. I think that's an interesting proposition.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:24 PM 01-03-2023
Some interesting options to consider….

Option A: pay a top 5-10 WR $30m+ (I don’t think this is ideal)

Option b: pay a mid to low tier WR1 low $20m. Offset by not keeping juju and Mvs. Cost neutral. Fill their spots with draft and value guys. I love the idea but market may be dry in 2023.

Option c: find a great value WR1 by looking at WR2s. Aggressively draft a WR1 to bump this WR down, so we end up with an elite WR2. Tyler Boyd is a great and realistic example.

Option d: draft a guy you legit think can be WR1. Knowing Andy’s resistance to playing rookies consider: 1) short term contract to older vet or injured vet

Option e: I might like this best. Consider something like option D but wait out the WR market. Payrolls are going to explode the next 1-2 years. WR market should normalize. If our 2023 draft WR doesn’t work out then go after a good free agent WR in 2024. We may be able to buy not low, but reasonable.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:27 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Some interesting options to consider….

Option A: pay a top 5-10 WR $30m+ (I don’t think this is ideal)

Option b: pay a mid to low tier WR1 low $20m. Offset by not keeping juju and Mvs. Cost neutral. Fill their spots with draft and value guys. I love the idea but market may be dry in 2023.

Option c: find a great value WR1 by looking at WR2s. Aggressively draft a WR1 to bump this WR down, so we end up with an elite WR2. Tyler Boyd is a great and realistic example.

Option d: draft a guy you legit think can be WR1. Knowing Andy’s resistance to playing rookies consider: 1) short term contract to older vet or injured vet

Option e: I might like this best. Consider something like option D but wait out the WR market. Payrolls are going to explode the next 1-2 years. WR market should normalize. If our 2023 draft WR doesn’t work out then go after a good free agent WR in 2024. We may be able to buy not low, but reasonable.
Option C is right up Veach's alley. He's always trying to find diamonds in the rough, so to speak.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:29 PM 01-03-2023
Some WRs who could be interesting stopgaps… dj chark, Jarvis Landry. I’m sure more will become available. Guys you can plug in for a very short time but can quickly get rid of so they don’t destroy your long term cap.

Examples of WR2s you can pay to temporarily play WR1 are Darius slayton.

Examples of WR2s you can easily turn into WR1s are tee Higgins/Tyler Boyd (2024). Higgins may get paid though.

Some ways to improve the WR room without breaking the bank.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 97
« First < 37778384858687 88899091 > Last »
Up