ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 104
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:38 AM 01-21-2022
The Bengals have a good amount of cap space but they better spend the next years figuring out future contracts because they could easily fuck themselves with the wrong moves.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:39 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
I'm not a big talking heads guy, but I'm SHOCKED at the number of them taking the Bills. Can't wait to see the excuses on Monday!
There won’t be any excuses. It will just be “the Chiefs are who we thought they were”.
[Reply]
ChiTown 11:40 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
The Bengals have a good amount of cap space but they better spend the next years figuring out future contracts because they could easily **** themselves with the wrong moves.
Bingo - Those rookie contracts are nice, but the rubber meets the road when you have to move on beyond those. I wish them luck, as they are going to need it.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:40 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He dicked up a couple of plays against the Bengals as well.

He seems like he's playing better because he's not playing as much. So you can't really gameplan around abusing him like other teams had been.

But if you're a team that's willing to spread it out and sling it (especially one with a mobile QB that can take advantage of the wide splits that formation will inevitably create and the holes over the middle), you can still say "okay, on any 3rd and long, we do this. And in hurry up, we do this" and then circle 49 on the whiteboard.

Fuck he's a liability. I've not seen anything like him since the worst days of Eric Hicks. He's just so easy to identify and maul.
He’s the white Kendrick Lewis.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 11:41 AM 01-21-2022
Yeah - that game was worse in memory than it was in reality.

Memory is that it was an absolute ass-beating across the board. Reality was that a LOT of things went Buffalo's way in that game. Moreover, we hadn't sorted out our personnel yet and they absolutely abused Sorensen.

So expect them to do a lot of 4 and 5 wide sets to get him on the field again this weekend. They remember how badly he was overmatched out there and they'll be looking for ways to isolate him in space.

Jesus Dan - just don't be historically awful. Be bad - that's okay. We can live with bad. But you cannot be the punching bag you were last time we met.
Agreed....much worse in memory that in actuality.....especially on 2nd viewing

for example, look at the first drive of the game:

-Mahomes missed a wide open Kelce around the Buffalo 20 yard line....a throw Pat normally connects on (Buffalo was offsides)
-Buffalo commits 3 penalties (2 defensive holds - who's "grabby" Bills fans?)
-Hardman had a drop
-Chiefs then proceed to commit 2 penalties (one hold, one false start), both inside the Buffalo 15 yard line
-Reek drops what would have been a first & goal catch
-Chiefs end up with 3......

Just that drive alone encapsulates how we kept shooting ourselves in the foot....we had the Bills reeling, but missed throws and penalties deep in Bill territory killed the drive, and really set the tone for the rest of the game.
Ultimately the Turnovers came (one being the pick 6, and TW) others inside the Bills 15).....

Between penalties, missed 4th downs, dropsies, fumbles, and the poorest coverage known to man, it's no wonder the game ended up the way it did....it ain't happening again folks
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:46 AM 01-21-2022
And that massive weather delay after 30 minutes of watching Sorensen get wrecked and Pat spin his wheels was just salt in the wounds.

It was a bad game, don't get me wrong. And hell, we could have another one Sunday. The Bills CAN beat this team.

But it wasn't Titans level bad. Heck, I thought they were worse against the Giants. That felt like one of those Cassel games when we spent 60 minutes trying to fuck a football, but it really wasn't. It was just a fairly ordinary mediocre football game where seemingly every bad break went against us.

Is what it is. You can tell skill from luck by its duration. They make us trip over our own feet like that again on Sunday and I'll believe they've found a silver bullet. But they gotta prove it first. These teams aren't much different than the one that had Allen throwing footballs at our D-Lineman in frustration.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:57 AM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
I'd be surprised if Cincy wins it. .
You of all people...being a NE fan, should know what Clete being assigned to a playoff game means...Brady has built a legacy off this guy...

He gift-wrapped two AFCCG for you...that Jacksonville game was a work of art.

I know Brady is the "bestest of the bestest" to you...and any facts that get in the way will be ignored...but that is two SBs (of many) he shouldn't have been in.

Did you forget the officiating in last years NFCCG...yep Clete. Do you remember that obvious DPI before half that resulted in an INT? Do you remember the game ending on a walk-off DPI? Of course you dont..

Clete wasnt assigned to the Titans game to help Nashville...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:00 PM 01-21-2022
Hussey is the referee Sunday.

Good or bad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:02 PM 01-21-2022
Buffalo played two top 10 offenses.

Offensive rankings for the rest of the Bills’ opponents:

26 (x2)
25 (x2)
15 (x2)

Frankly, it would be pitiful if their D was NOT #1 statistically.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 12:05 PM 01-21-2022
And that massive weather delay after 30 minutes of watching Sorensen get wrecked and Pat spin his wheels was just salt in the wounds.

It was a bad game, don't get me wrong. And hell, we could have another one Sunday. The Bills CAN beat this team.

But it wasn't Titans level bad. Heck, I thought they were worse against the Giants. That felt like one of those Cassel games when we spent 60 minutes trying to fuck a football, but it really wasn't. It was just a fairly ordinary mediocre football game where seemingly every bad break went against us.

Is what it is. You can tell skill from luck by its duration. They make us trip over our own feet like that again on Sunday and I'll believe they've found a silver bullet. But they gotta prove it first. These teams aren't much different than the one that had Allen throwing footballs at our D-Lineman in frustration.
Totally agree. The Bills ultimately made the plays they needed to in order to win, but there was a lot of fortune involved along the way

For instance, the Rouseau INT, which was an amazing play on his part....

EXCEPT for the fact that Niang (starting exactly his 5th game at the pro level), actually pushed Rouseau into the passing lane as opposed to doing something to get his hands down (usually, that entails some type of cut action where the defender instinctively puts their hands down to protect themselves....the OL doesn't even have to make contact, they just have to make that move)

The pick 6: If caught, it would likely have not resulted in a first down, so the Chiefs are punting there.....but the score remains 24 - 13 with the Bills back deep in their territory

The roughing the passer call on Clark, which was a horrible call to nullify the Interception around the Chiefs 40 (which would have given the ball back down 31-20.....all the momentum, and a scoring drive there on a short field makes it a one score game)

How about this gem: 1st and 10 on the Bills 34 yard line, 36 seconds left in the 2nd quarter and Chiefs have two timeouts: Josh Gordon runs straight up the field, is held the entire way by the Bills DB, and called for Offensive Pass Interference nullifying a 17 yard Kelce gain that would put the ball at the Bills 17 with 31 seconds left.....Give the Chiefs the ball at the 17 yard line, 31 seconds, and one Time out, and that's often a TD there.....instead, they settle for 3.

Just so much went against the Chiefs that game, and it's just impossible for all of those things to occur again.....

Obviously, if they do, then the Bills will roll....but if they don't, I think we kill the Bills.....This is why I'm excited....minor cleaning up is going to swing this to the Chiefs advantage.....quit shooting ourselves in the foot, and this game won't be close....
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:11 PM 01-21-2022
has any team beaten the chiefs twice in the mahomes era?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:13 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Patriots
[Reply]
ChiTown 12:13 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
NE - 2018-19
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:14 PM 01-21-2022
that's a pretty small list

and also they had brady
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 12:16 PM 01-21-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)
I think you could argue that he’s the most accurate QB. And he might really tear it up if they put together a good OL.

But it’s too soon to crown him anything. I doubt he’ll ever match the full package of Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 104
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up