View Poll Results: Pay Orlando Brown Jr a 6 yr $145 mil contract
Yes 55 47.41%
No 61 52.59%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll
Page 87 of 343
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown Projected Contract 6 year $145 mil
dlphg9 08:17 PM 03-28-2022
So there's an article on NFL network saying that Orlando Brown is expected to sign for 6 years $145 mil.

That comes to $24.16 mil/yr and makes him the highest paid offensive lineman in football. It also would give him the 19th highest salary per year in the NFL

How would you feel if that is the contract he ended up signing?

I'm fine with it. He is a top 5 LT and he's only 26 next season. A young great LT is a guy you can't let leave.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:00 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Honestly. It's tough to say.

The more I look at it, that was such an effective jam that I am not even sure what route Hill was supposed to be running lol it looks like he really wanted to break inside and outside at different points before he probably just figured the play was busted and gave up.

My initial reaction, based what immediately happens post-snap, I'd have thought Hardman would be the first read. Hill, whatever it is that he was trying to do, was looking to make some sort of break around 5-6 yards upfield; whereas, Hardman stutters to let Hill clear and then immediately makes a beeline to the pylon.

If Hardman is the move there, the throw has to be made pretty much instantly since he's going to run out of real estate quickly. Pat should have looked there first and decided to rip it. If he decided to check the next read, I think it has to be Hill, followed by Pringle in the back of the endzone for some last resort stuff.

That would actually make a pretty convenient levels approach too. Look low left first, mid-left next, then back left last. Cuts the field in half in a tight spot and should make it easier for the QB.

Ultimately, I have to say that he did miss the read based on this:

It seems too obvious.
I'd say post-corner seems the likely route given that it would've been the wide side of the field and he could race a guy to the pylon.

So with that in mind, maybe this is the only defense I have here. IF the play was a post-corner route, perhaps Hill was supposed to break to the back/left pylon and in so doing draw that safety that's hanging around Hardman back a little bit to defend that throw (which is exactly what he'd have done, IMO).

So maybe Mahomes is trying to sell that route and stay on him to draw the S out of position a little bit. Maybe he wasn't 'stuck' on Hill - maybe he was just overselling the route and trying to manipulate the S; something he does to great effect quite often.

But even that 'defense' is pretty half-hearted. It's still a mistake. There needed to be some battlefield triage there. Hill was done - he'd been completely wiped out of the route. Any help, be it as a receiver or a decoy, that you thought you might get from him ain't gonna happen.

So come off him and find Hardman in the flat.
[Reply]
hawkchief 04:01 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Back to the OP-

I really don't like what OBJ is doing here. He drug his feet, hiring an agent really late, and now is holding the team's feet to the fire.

I don't think he deserves to be the top paid LT in football, and I don't like the tactics he's employed to get to this point.
This, plus he's fat now and when paid will likely balloon even more. Don't need this kind of attitude pulling in that much $$$.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 04:04 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Was this at the end of the game? If so I think a lot of people missed that on second and third down, Mahomes made sure if he couldn't complete the pass, then he just took the sack to run out the clock. It was very smart football.

But that at the same time he had so many things going on in his head in a game where he'd already blown confidence. So maybe overthinking wasn't good either.
I love me some Mahomes, but the 3rd down play was just mind boggling... He had three time to pull the trigger to open guys and didn't, then pirouetted, was sacked and nearly fumble. It was the single worse play of his career.
[Reply]
O.city 04:05 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sure.

But somewhere between Rookie Year Patrick Mahomes (who played with his hair on fire every single play) and trying to play like Tom Brady is the right answer.

This will come out as a stronger endorsement than it's intended to be, but when Alex Smith had that season (really more of a half-season) where he was confident and aggressive, he might have been the happy medium. He dropped back, did a couple reads, then looked to use his legs to find time.

Now unlike Mahomes, Smith had no business trying some of the ballsier plays because he didn't have the arm strength or ability to throw off platform and execute them. But from an approach standpoint, that might be a perfect balance. Take that general approach and add Mahomes supernatural arm talent and elite field vision and that's your cheat code.
Aaron Rodgers. Thats the way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:07 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Back to the OP-

I really don't like what OBJ is doing here. He drug his feet, hiring an agent really late, and now is holding the team's feet to the fire.

I don't think he deserves to be the top paid LT in football, and I don't like the tactics he's employed to get to this point.
Yeah, he fucked us here.

Isn't there some deal with him and his mom where she's his primary advisor or something? I swear I read that somewhere.

He tied the Chiefs hands through his fairly apathetic approach to negotiations for months.

There's some stupid meme/poster/desk sign that says something along the lines of "Please don't mistake your procrastination for my urgency..." or something like that.

And it's kinda happened here. OBJ just kept dragging his feet and now we're nearing midnight and he's expecting the Chiefs to be hyper-responsive under a deadline that should've never gotten this close. His problem became the Chiefs problem.

If they let it be.

Or at this point I think they should probably just have him play under the tag, shop him for a 3rd(ish) next season and move along.

They can't be bullied into irrationality by a guy who simply refused to get his shit in order for far too long.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:08 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Aaron Rodgers. Thats the way.
Well duh. That's way easier than blathering on for 2 paragraphs about Alex Smith.

Congrats - you finally said the same thing I said but better. Been a long time coming. I'm proud of you.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:14 PM 07-13-2022
Just hope he doesn't hold out. I fear he may be getting enough bad advice to do just that.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:50 PM 07-13-2022

:-)
[Reply]
srvy 05:01 PM 07-13-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem is he starts doing it, when he doesn't have or need to.

That play in particular. Why you leaving hte pocket. Stand in there.
Open up throwing lanes:-)
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:21 PM 07-13-2022
so do we sign a LT Friday if this fuck holds out
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:25 PM 07-13-2022
Yeah, he ****ed us here.

Isn't there some deal with him and his mom where she's his primary advisor or something? I swear I read that somewhere.

He tied the Chiefs hands through his fairly apathetic approach to negotiations for months.

There's some stupid meme/poster/desk sign that says something along the lines of "Please don't mistake your procrastination for my urgency..." or something like that.

And it's kinda happened here. OBJ just kept dragging his feet and now we're nearing midnight and he's expecting the Chiefs to be hyper-responsive under a deadline that should've never gotten this close. His problem became the Chiefs problem.

If they let it be.

Or at this point I think they should probably just have him play under the tag, shop him for a 3rd(ish) next season and move along.

They can't be bullied into irrationality by a guy who simply refused to get his shit in order for far too long.
A very real part of me wants to shop him now and bring Fisher back. Maybe Tennessee would jump on him, he'd be perfect for their system.
[Reply]
raybec 4 05:28 PM 07-13-2022
Yeah, he ****ed us here.

If they let it be.

He probably fucked himself too. By waiting so long to even start talking about a long term deal it's not exactly a good faith negotiation at this point. He's handled it very poorly in terms of timing and that won't be forgotten by any GM he plays for again. If he refuses to sign and play under the tag that's going to be even worse.
[Reply]
TribalElder 05:52 PM 07-13-2022
My guess is he doesn't want to go to training camp
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:04 PM 07-13-2022
It doesn’t really matter when he hired his agent. You can take 3 months or 3 hours to come to your ultimate lines in the sand on price.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:06 PM 07-13-2022
No team would make him the highest paid LT. He's being unreasonable. We traded for him like he wanted and made him an LT like he wanted and now he stonewalling his best chance to win and be even more rich.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 343
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137187 > Last »
Up