ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 131
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread***
Pitt Gorilla 01:55 PM 10-19-2021
Season tips off tonight! LET'S GOOOOO!!!!
[Reply]
staylor26 02:33 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The shit people will watch for fake outrage. :-)

Guess it might be more entertaining than the 30 point blowouts though. NBA was decent last postseason while the NHL was a dumpster fire... seems to be the opposite this year (from my limited viewing of the former).
There’s no “outrage”. Why would there be outrage? There’s no chance this even happens. The Warriors and Curry don’t even want Lebron.

Just pointing out that Lebron continues to put it out there that he’d like to play with Curry and the Warriors. You can pretend all you want that it’s not deliberate, but anybody that knows how he operates understands it’s not a coincidence.

Laughing at Lebron for proving that he always has been and always will be a bitch is not “outrage”.
[Reply]
dirk digler 02:37 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lebron continues to put it out there that he’d like to play with Steph and the Warriors:

What a ****ing outstanding citizen. I bet KCC will/would defend this shit too.

:-)
I remember when Lebron either hated Steph or was jealous of him back in 2015-2017. How times change
[Reply]
tyecopeland 02:42 PM 06-07-2022
My limited understanding of the NBA salary cap makes this a near impossibility anyway. He'd have to be traded to them (gutting their roster of young talent) or sign for the vet minimum. I guess there is a tax payers mid level exception but I don't know enough about that.

Warriors wouldn't trade for an old lebron and lebron isn't signing anywhere for the minimum. Even if he wasn't even an average player anymore his value to the franchise is worth more than a few mil a year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:19 PM 06-07-2022
You didn’t care when he did it in his prime either. You didn’t care when he tried to build multiple super teams.
I didn't care when he left a Cleveland organization that failed to give him a better #2 than Mo Williams for 8 years, yes. This seems like covered ground to me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:20 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
The shit people will watch for fake outrage. :-)
Appears it has already had its desired effect judging by the reactions here. LeBron winning on and off the court.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I didn't care when he left a Cleveland organization that failed to give him a better #2 than Mo Williams for 8 years, yes. This seems like covered ground to me.
Frame it however you want, doesn’t make you any less of a hypocrite.

And he tried to build multiple super teams, not just with the Heat. He’s tried to overly stack the deck in his favor ever since.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:21 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
My limited understanding of the NBA salary cap makes this a near impossibility anyway. He'd have to be traded to them (gutting their roster of young talent) or sign for the vet minimum. I guess there is a tax payers mid level exception but I don't know enough about that.

Warriors wouldn't trade for an old lebron and lebron isn't signing anywhere for the minimum. Even if he wasn't even an average player anymore his value to the franchise is worth more than a few mil a year.
If it ever happens, it wouldn't be for years. And by that point, LeBron will be 40+ and Curry will likely be on the major age decline as well. Not exactly a super team.

It's a non-issue.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:23 PM 06-07-2022
Frame it however you want, doesn’t make you any less of a hypocrite.
Seems like a pretty big distinction between jumping ship to a 73 win team that beat you in the conference finals and LeBron leaving an organization that failed to build anything around him for a decade for another, but maybe that's just hypocrisy.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:27 PM 06-07-2022
Seems like a pretty big distinction between jumping ship to a 73 win team that beat you in the conference finals and LeBron leaving an organization that failed to build anything around him for a decade for another, but maybe that's just hypocrisy.
Did you expect everybody else to just stand pat while Lebron was constantly trying to build super teams?

Why do you hold a player like KD, who’s clearly not on the same level, to the same standard as Lebron?

Did Lebron not just try to recruit Kawhi to LA after already getting AD? Did he not leave Miami to return to Cleveland after they got old and Cleveland had the assets to build another super team?

Why would any of his competitors not try to beat him at his own game?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:32 PM 06-07-2022
:-) A decade? Stop it. James, Wade, and Bosh had made the decision to get together and form a super team all the way back in 2006. Lebron was drafted in 2003.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:32 PM 06-07-2022
Did you expect everybody else to just stand pat while Lebron was constantly trying to build super teams?
I'd expect the #2 player not to join the #3 player on the league's first ever 73 win team that he just lost a 3-1 series lead to, yeah. But I guess that's just the fear the GOAT generated at the time.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:34 PM 06-07-2022
I'd expect the #2 player not to join the #3 player on the league's first ever 73 win team that he just lost a 3-1 series lead to, yeah. But I guess that's just the fear the GOAT generated at the time.
“Building super teams is completely fine, until you do it better and more effectively than Lebron”
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:35 PM 06-07-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) A decade? Stop it. James, Wade, and Bosh had made the decision to get together and form a super team all the way back in 2006. Lebron was drafted in 2003.
You think LeBron is leaving Cleveland at the time he did if he's coming off multiple championships with a good core (instead of Mo Williams, Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilgauskas)? Seems unlikely.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:36 PM 06-07-2022
“Building super teams is completely fine, until you do it better and more effectively than Lebron”
Hard to get more effective than the #2 teaming up with the #3 player in the world (and 2 other HOFers) to beat the #1 player in the world, that's true.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:38 PM 06-07-2022
You think LeBron is leaving Cleveland at the time he did if he's coming off multiple championships with a good core (instead of Mo Williams, Delonte West and Zydrunas Ilgauskas)? Seems unlikely.
No , but it is pretty telling he had to have already won multiple championships to not leave and make a super team.
[Reply]
Page 87 of 131
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197 > Last »
Up