ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 87 of 185
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
R Clark 12:39 PM 09-20-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
That’s great. I usually check out the snap counts after the game but missed it this week. Good to see rookie defenders are getting a look sooner than we saw previously under Spags.
I agree it’s great , fat finger on thumb’s down
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:59 PM 09-20-2022
sacks will cum

Hutchinson/Karlaftis have 9 QB Pressures each - leading all rookies... No other rookie has more than 4

— Ben Fennell (@BenFennell_NFL) September 21, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:54 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
sacks will cum

We got a guy who's just as good as the #2 overall pick at #30. That's exactly how you sustain long term success in this business. That Tyreek trade is looking better all the time.
[Reply]
MagicHef 01:52 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
We got a guy who's just as good as the #2 overall pick at #30. That's exactly how you sustain long term success in this business. That Tyreek trade is looking better all the time.
Just as good? Hutchinson has a 3 sack game already.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:14 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by MagicHef:
Just as good? Hutchinson has a 3 sack game already.
So George registsed nine pressures against Murray and Herbert and Hutch is better because he actually sacked Carson Wentz three times. That's what your saying, correct?
[Reply]
MagicHef 02:33 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
So George registsed nine pressures against Murray and Herbert and Hutch is better because he actually sacked Carson Wentz three times. That's what your saying, correct?
I’m saying that sacks are harder to get and better for your team than pressures.

Also, sacks are not recorded as pressures, so Hutchinson had 9 pressures AND 3 sacks.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:46 AM 09-21-2022
I’m saying that sacks are harder to get and better for your team than pressures.

Also, sacks are not recorded as pressures, so Hutchinson had 9 pressures AND 3 sacks.
No, sacks are absolutely recorded as pressures.

Pressure = sack + hit + hurry

He has 9 pressures composed of 3 sacks and 6 hurries.

Karlaftis has 9 pressures composed of 2 hits and 7 hurries.

There is no disputing that a sack is better than a hit which is better than a hurry.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:03 AM 09-21-2022

Hutchinson is probably going to be better, he should be. The question is the margin. He's been up against slightly better OTs I think after 2 games and it's way too early, but at this point the difference doesn't look like it should be nearly a full round.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:12 AM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Hutchinson is probably going to be better, he should be. The question is the margin. He's been up against slightly better OTs I think after 2 games and it's way too early, but at this point the difference doesn't look like it should be nearly a full round.
And apart from the draft capital - lost in the 'new rookie slotting' era is that there is STILL a substantial difference in salary from the front of the 1st to the back.

Hutchinson will make $35 million in his first 4 years. Karlaftis will make $12. A $6 million/season difference on the cap ain't worth scoffing at - that's a pretty big deal.
[Reply]
Toad 11:22 AM 09-21-2022
Off subject a little, but the Hutchinson pick reminds me of a funny story while in Vegas at the draft…

I stood next to and was talking with a Lions fan right before they selected him. Just before Roger announced the pick, an extremely tall and rude Raiders fan stood right in front of us. The Lions fan firmly stated, “Hell’s Bells! I spend a ton of money to go to Vegas to see my Lions draft just to have some gigantic Raiders fan block my view! The draft is our Super Bowl damn it!”

Due to the crowd appreciating the Lion fan’s humor, everyone laughed and all started yelling “down in front!”. The Raiders fan moved on immediately.
[Reply]
JPH83 12:12 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And apart from the draft capital - lost in the 'new rookie slotting' era is that there is STILL a substantial difference in salary from the front of the 1st to the back.

Hutchinson will make $35 million in his first 4 years. Karlaftis will make $12. A $6 million/season difference on the cap ain't worth scoffing at - that's a pretty big deal.
Very good point
[Reply]
PHOG 01:06 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
Off subject a little, but the Hutchinson pick reminds me of a funny story while in Vegas at the draft…

I stood next to and was talking with a Lions fan right before they selected him. Just before Roger announced the pick, an extremely tall and rude Raiders fan stood right in front of us. The Lions fan firmly stated, “Hell’s Bells! I spend a ton of money to go to Vegas to see my Lions draft just to have some gigantic Raiders fan block my view! The draft is our Super Bowl damn it!”

Due to the crowd appreciating the Lion fan’s humor, everyone laughed and all started yelling “down in front!”. The Raiders fan moved on slinked off immediately.
Good story, with a little upgrade.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:14 PM 09-21-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

There is no disputing that a sack is better than a hit which is better than a hurry.

Unless said hurry results in an eyes closed panic throw into coverage for an int, because playoff sacks are against your religion. -Chris Jones.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:30 PM 09-21-2022

Where are you seeing that? I always thought a pressure was a sack, hurry, or knock-down.
[Reply]
New World Order 01:32 PM 09-21-2022

You're a big ball of poop!
[Reply]
Page 87 of 185
« First < 37778384858687 8889909197137 > Last »
Up