ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 146
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:41 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Oof he's like discount Alex with that shoulder
In the 3 games since, I count 6 total completions over 10 yards.

I find it very hard to believe that arm could make a comeback if he falls behind.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:53 AM 02-07-2023
Hurts is a phenomenal talent, and the Philly offensive line is fantastic. But... man. He's what, 4/20 throwing past 10 yards?

I think if you blitz him creatively, and pack the box, and bracket Brown, I simply don't think the Eagles can keep pace. Force Hurts to throw it past the shallow areas, and dare him to beat you with Smith and Goedert. I think those two are really good, and Hurts when healthy might be able to pull that off, still, because the team is legitimately that talented.

But if you lock up Brown and take away the shallow zones, you're forcing an injured Hurts to go deeper to two very-good-not-great targets and keep pace with Reid/Mahomes. I don't like their chances.

But it's all for naught if they plow us on the ground. Their offensive line is unprecedented in the things they can do on the ground -- this is superior to the Lamar Hunt Ravens and meaner than the Josh Allen Bills. They can run inside zone, weird options, manufactured runs for Brown, sweeps, downhill, everything. There is nothing they cannot do on the ground.

I just... I think the Chiefs are the most pragmatic, least dogmatic defense in the NFL, and I'm including the Patriots and Bengals in that assessment. They have talent at all three levels, and they have elite coaches at all three levels. And I just think, if you have a healthy LB corps and the DL is disciplined, the Eagles can get yards but they can't gash them. They have a ton of talent but will radically change schemes from game to game when Spags is in his bag. It wouldn't shock me to see 40 snaps for Brandon Williams, Clark playing 100% of the snaps, and Karlaftis' snaps reduced as he's inferior right now against the run compared to Danna and Dunlap.

If the Eagles cannot gash us on the ground, I think it's game over.

Because I don't think this Eagles defense is going to stop Mahomes from scoring 30. Hell no.

First of all, a pissed off Mahomes on one leg passed for 300 yards and two touchdowns on a fantastic, amorphous Bengals defense that's ingeniously schemed and built to stop him, to backup receivers. Now he's healthier, and he's playing a talented Eagles defense that almost entirely plays a static zone. Mahomes devours zone, Kelce devours zone, Andy Reid has a bust pre-carved in Canton thanks to zone. A static zone?

I don't even care that the Eagles have a fantastic secondary and a historically great passrush. Reid and Bienemy will make sure the protection packages are as good as any the Eagles have seen all year. I don't think they can bamboozle the Eagles like they did the 49ers earlier in the year because Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham have seen it all. But Reid and Bienemy are going to have all kinds of charted up plays to keep the Eagles on their back heels down field. The interior line is going to be ready for the sheer force of the Eagles interior, and the fistfight there will be fantastic. Wylie will get plenty of help, and Mahomes will do the rest. And if the Eagles doesn't put him in the dirt in the first couple of drives, the Chiefs may not punt before halftime.

Chiefs are built for this game. Mahomes is ready for it. The Eagles with a healthy Hurts are a real problem, but with an injured Hurts, they are vulnerable against a smart defense.

I want to say it's an a TD game in favor of the Chiefs, assuming neither Mahomes or Hurts get further injured.

But, I mean. Even though these teams are evenly matched.... if the Chiefs are up 14 in the second half and Sirianni panics and airs out the ball, it could get ugly.

TL;DR: The Chiefs have more solutions for the what Eagles do on both sides of the ball than the Eagles have for the Chiefs. Chiefs are not that much better than the Eagles in terms of talent, and matter of fact the Eagles are probably more talented across the board. But we're a really bad matchup for them offensively and (with an injured Hurts) defensively. We could legitimately win this game by 20 if the Eagles ever get desperate.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:04 AM 02-07-2023
Mitchell Schwartz did an interview and basically said that if our OL even does an average job at stopping the pass rush, Mahomes will put up 30+ points.

I feel really good about our offense for some reason.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:09 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mitchell Schwartz did an interview and basically said that if our OL even does an average job at stopping the pass rush, Mahomes will put up 30+ points.

I feel really good about our offense for some reason.
What is your power rankings for offensive coordinators when it comes to having their offense face off against an elite pass rush? Where does Reid/Bienemy rank?

I would be shocked if they were not #1.

Shanahan, maybe Belichick or McVay even hold a candle. But this coaching staff and this QB are built to scheme it over.

I'm guessing the OL does their job. The fistfight in the interior is going to be epic.

So long as they can hold their own? The back end is all static zone, which is close to literally the last defense you want against Mahomes. It doesn't even matter that they're super talented.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:12 AM 02-07-2023
Think I’ll cheer for the Chiefs (KC) in this one.
[Reply]
Youngbuck17 10:15 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Sirianni's rise is crazy to me. That dude must interview like a boss.

Gets an NFL job without anything better than WR coach at IUP on his resume. Then has 10 years as a low level assistant for largely non-descript units for various teams. Then somehow parlays that into an OC job where he is AGAIN mediocre yet turns that into a HC gig.

He seems respected by the Eagles and press but what in his resume kept getting him promoted? Just has to have aced the interviews.
The Eagles hired Reid after he was a QB coach. Sometimes you can just see something that others apparently don't. Time will tell if Siranni has the staying power of Reid, but no doubt he's done well this year.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 10:19 AM 02-07-2023
The thing about running QBs is that they are great to control the clock when you have a lead. They aren't nearly as effective trying to come from behind or in the two minute drill. Jumping to an early lead is going to be a big factor.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:21 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
The thing about running QBs is that they are great to control the clock when you have a lead. They aren't nearly as effective trying to come from behind or in the two minute drill. Jumping to an early lead is going to be a big factor.
On the other side of the ball, it's even more important. The Eagles are used to playing from ahead, which is how their d-line gets so many sacks.

If the Chiefs get an early lead, it affects Philly negatively on both sides of the ball.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:23 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
What is your power rankings for offensive coordinators when it comes to having their offense face off against an elite pass rush? Where does Reid/Bienemy rank?

I would be shocked if they were not #1.

Shanahan, maybe Belichick or McVay even hold a candle. But this coaching staff and this QB are built to scheme it over.

I'm guessing the OL does their job. The fistfight in the interior is going to be epic.

So long as they can hold their own? The back end is all static zone, which is close to literally the last defense you want against Mahomes. It doesn't even matter that they're super talented.
But will they be in the SB as well? I would think them doing that would be almost criminal as KC will scheme to beat that defense. If they don't even try to have a wrinkle or two then they get what they get. They have a lot of talent, but so does KC and to think they can just stick with what works against this HC/QB is great for us and bad for them.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:31 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
But will they be in the SB as well? I would think them doing that would be almost criminal as KC will scheme to beat that defense. If they don't even try to have a wrinkle or two then they get what they get. They have a lot of talent, but so does KC and to think they can just stick with what works against this HC/QB is great for us and bad for them.
They've done it all year. Their rate of zone has been consistently higher than almost everybody else's.

They'll probably do it less than they normally do, but less than a ton is still close to a ton.

They better hope their DL is on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:33 AM 02-07-2023
They also like to bring 5....a lot.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:35 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They also like to bring 5....a lot.
Good luck!
[Reply]
philfree 10:52 AM 02-07-2023
They've done it all year. Their rate of zone has been consistently higher than almost everybody else's.

They'll probably do it less than they normally do, but less than a ton is still close to a ton.

Maybe it was just gamesmanship but Mahomes said we were going to have to beat their man coverage.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:00 AM 02-07-2023

I agree with them doing it all year. But this is the SB and they are facing the best offense they have seen all year along with best HC/QB.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:13 AM 02-07-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
Maybe it was just gamesmanship but Mahomes said we were going to have to beat their man coverage.
They play man coverage, I'm just saying their zone tendancies are way, way high.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 146
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136 > Last »
Up