ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 488
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Feels that way. I'm imagining Lions can offer the most money to Robinson, Chiefs can offer a SB opp with Mahomes, but Browns are offering for him to join Cooper and be #1b with Watson at QB. If Watson ends up elsewhere, maybe that means Robinson to KC. But then again it's hard to believe that anyone would choose Cleveland.
I don't think the Lions are going to get him. They have three WRs now for Goff to throw to in St. Brown, Reynolds and Chark.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan123456 09:24 AM 03-16-2022
Feels that way. I'm imagining Lions can offer the most money to Robinson, Chiefs can offer a SB opp with Mahomes, but Browns are offering for him to join Cooper and be #1b with Watson at QB. If Watson ends up elsewhere, maybe that means Robinson to KC. But then again it's hard to believe that anyone would choose Cleveland.
Hard to believe? If the Browns offer the most money then they would choose Cleveland
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:25 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFan123456:
Hard to believe? If the Browns offer the most money then they would choose Cleveland
After what Robinson went through last year, I would imagine his decision hinges on more than just the money...
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:28 AM 03-16-2022
Anyone have any idea how a restructure works with 2 years left on the contract....and then cutting them the next year?

Do you just get more of a dead cap hit in the final year because you've converted a roster bonus into a signing bonus and split it out over those two years?

I'm just wondering if they could restructure Chris Jones and still get out of the contract in his last year if they wanted to.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:29 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
After what Robinson went through last year, I would imagine his decision hinges on more than just the money...
These guys have a way of convincing themselves that the team who gives the most money also has a great chance of making the playoffs.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
These guys have a way of convincing themselves that the team who gives the most money also has a great chance of making the playoffs.
I know but with Robinson, I'm sure he wants to play with a QB that can actually get him the ball.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Anyone have any idea how a restructure works with 2 years left on the contract....and then cutting them the next year?

Do you just get more of a dead cap hit in the final year because you've converted a roster bonus into a signing bonus and split it out over those two years?

I'm just wondering if they could restructure Chris Jones and still get out of the contract in his last year if they wanted to.
It all depends on the structure.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:31 AM 03-16-2022
I don't think the Lions are going to get him. They have three WRs now for Goff to throw to in St. Brown, Reynolds and Chark.
So then, yeah, maybe it's Clev or KC.

Prob breaks down like below:

KC
#3 option
Mahomes
SB Opp

CLEV
#1b option
Watson
$$$

If he goes with Cleveland, the rest of the WR market dominos start to fall. Landry, JuJu, OBJ... we end up with an upgrade either way.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:33 AM 03-16-2022

Raiders are releasing DE Carl Nassib, per league source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 03-16-2022
So then, yeah, maybe it's Clev or KC.

Prob breaks down like below:

KC
#3 option
Mahomes
SB Opp

CLEV
#1b option
Watson
$$$

If he goes with Cleveland, the rest of the WR market dominos start to fall. Landry, JuJu, OBJ... we end up with an upgrade either way.
I don't think those are his only options. I highly doubt that only three teams are in on him right now. You can probably add the Raiders, Patriots and Falcons to that list as well.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:34 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It all depends on the structure.
Yeah. The problem is that OTC doesn't allow you to cut him in 2023 and see what the hit would be. It kind of just locks it at that point.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:34 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Thats Gay!
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:35 AM 03-16-2022
Don’t be surprised if Robinson and Deshaun land in Atlanta
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 03-16-2022
We probably need to be looking at a vet CB or two. Who's out there?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 AM 03-16-2022

You could do it, but with Jones still being fairly young, I would imagine any restructure includes a 3rd year on the deal.

If they stuck to just a 2-year deal, you'd turn that $18 million roster bonus into a signing bonus and maybe put a void year on the back end. That would take the 18 million and split it into 3 chunks of $6 million so you'd bring his cap hit this year from $19 million down to about $7 million. The downshot is you create $12 million in hard cap money in 23 and 24 (again, presuming the void year). And his base is at $19 million for next season so you're looking at a cap hit of $25 million.

Now at that point you could presumptively take that $19 million base and AGAIN bonus it out as part of a 2 year extension. So then he's on a 3 year deal starting in 2023 w/ the $6 million in restructure bonus on the cap plus ANOTHER $6 million ish from the extension as a signing bonus cap charge. So you're starting in 2023 with a cap figure of $12+ million. Presuming a relatively low year 1 salary you could get away with about $14 million but you've now stuck dead money into 2024 and 2025 as well and likely some pretty hefty salary figures in there.

It could all be done but you'd need a willing partner in Jones. Or ultimately you just eat some shit next year if you chose to cut him and whatever roster bonus you converted to a restructure bonus all hits the cap next year (or potentially over 2 years if June 1 tagged).

Clear as mud?
[Reply]
Page 86 of 488
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up