Page 86 of 112
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
RunKC 12:02 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'll add that Khalen Saunders has played well enough this year to warrant being called a draft hit. I know he's approaching the end of his rookie deal and he's only been balling out for a season, but the point is he eventually put it together. He didn't massively implode like Speaks and he didn't stagnate like Kpassagnon.

If we extend him or re-sign him for even another season and he continues to produce like this, he should absolutely be considered a solid draft pick.
Yeah I feel this way about Mike Danna too. He’s improved so much this season. He isn’t putting up big numbers but he’s gotten a lot of pressure on QB’s.

He was a late 5th rd pick, which with comp picks added pretty much makes him a 6th rd pick and he’s a nice player
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:13 PM 11-28-2022
I really like how Veach has constructed this team since 2018. When you consider the roster from 2017 and what it is now, there's an obvious growth occurring at nearly every level and phase. And we can now see a little more clearly what the vision is for this team, the kinds of players Veach wants to complete that vision and so forth. It's just great to see it all beginning to come together. Veach is a great GM, period.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:10 PM 11-28-2022
So, I am sure that I will get roasted for this, but Veach seems to have an issue scouting and drafting receivers.

I think we could have moved up for Christian Watson, which is who I really wanted, or we could have taken Pickens.

Both, as of week 12, are clearly better than Sky Moore.

And Cornell Powell, despite being called up from the practice squad, was a wasted pick, as any JAG could give us the same production.

And honestly, he grossly overpaid for MVS based on his level of production, and quite frankly his issues with catching easy passes.

Do we still have the number 1 offense in the NFL? Yes, but MVS, Sky Moore, and Cornell Powell have absolutely nothing to do with that ranking.

Are these just a few misses, or does Veach need to evaluate what we value in a wide receiver when it comes to drafting or signing free agents?

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:30 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
So, I am sure that I will get roasted for this, but Veach seems to have an issue scouting and drafting receivers.

I think we could have moved up for Christian Watson, which is who I really wanted, or we could have taken Pickens.

And Cornell Powell, despite being called up from the practice squad, was a wasted pick, as any JAG could give us the same production.

And honestly, he grossly overpaid for MVS based on his level of production, and quite frankly his issues with catching easy passes.

Do we still have the number 1 offense in the NFL? Yes, but MVS, Sky Moore, and Cornell Powell have absolutely nothing to do with that ranking.

Are these just a few misses, or does Veach need to evaluate what we value in a wide receiver when it comes to drafting or signing free agents?

Every GM has misses.

I don't think not drafting Christian Watson is a miss. Guy was invisible until two weeks ago. And he's still having drop issues; he's just being targeted more, because they're putting him in the slot or off the LoS more. Apparently he has issues with press as well.

Skyy has better hands than Watson, that's for sure. Is a better man-beater as well. haven't really watched Pickens until tonight, so we'll see.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:33 PM 11-28-2022

Let’s just ignore what works and focus on what hasn’t worked.

Please name the GMs in the NFL who have a 100pct hit rate.

Veach traded the best WR in the NFL and yet the offense improved. Should he not get crazy credit for that? Veach signed JuJu. Veach signed Watson who has arguably been a more explosive weapon than Pringle or Robinson.

We could’ve traded up for Christian Watson? GB gave up 53 and 59. We didn’t have picks as valuable as that in the round. And three weeks ago Watson was thought of as a complete bust, so let’s not judge all rookie receivers until they’ve really gotten their opportunities.

MVS is grossly overpaid? Whom would you have signed that was available once Hill forced his way out via a trade? Who was the better option and what was his price point? And is he that overpaid given that it’s largely just a one-year deal with some guaranteed money that spills over into year 2?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:36 PM 11-28-2022
I’ll also add that Cornell Powell was a 5th round pick. I wouldn’t judge a GM too harshly for a 5th rounder not working out.

MVS is on pace for close to 800 yards this year. He has 515 in 11 games. Sure, he’s had some drops, but he hasn’t been terrible.

If we’re going to talk about the WRs added, then you can’t leave out Juju. I think we’re all pretty happy with that signing.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:37 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Every GM has misses.

I don't think not drafting Christian Watson is a miss. Guy was invisible until two weeks ago. And he's still having drop issues; he's just being targeted more, because they're putting him in the slot or off the LoS more. Apparently he has issues with press as well.

Skyy has better hands than Watson, that's for sure. Is a better man-beater as well. haven't really watched Pickens until tonight, so we'll see.
Yeah, I really don't see not drafting Watson as a miss. That guys has worse hands than MVS. It's way to early to call Watson or Moore misses at this point.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:45 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’ll also add that Cornell Powell was a 5th round pick. I wouldn’t judge a GM too harshly for a 5th rounder not working out.

MVS is on pace for close to 800 yards this year. He has 515 in 11 games. Sure, he’s had some drops, but he hasn’t been terrible.

If we’re going to talk about the WRs added, then you can’t leave out Juju. I think we’re all pretty happy with that signing.
MVS is a terrible route runner. He is fast, but cannot gain separation, and isn't particularly good when Mahomes scrambles.

As far as his pace for 800 yards, we are basically paying him $10,000,000. Do you think 800 yards is worth that much money? If you do, you are absolutely wrong.

[Reply]
tredadda 08:52 PM 11-28-2022
Veach isn’t perfect but this nonsense of “he isn’t good because he didn’t draft my guy or sign my FA” is beyond ridiculous. This team is constantly competitive and stocked with a lot of young talented players. For a guy who has done this while drafting late in each round is nothing short of amazing. I would really like to see a GM who does better considering the circumstances. Every GM misses on some players and Veach is no different, but he does hit at a very high rate.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:53 PM 11-28-2022
MVS is a terrible route runner. He is fast, but cannot gain separation, and isn't particularly good when Mahomes scrambles.

As far as his pace for 800 yards, we are basically paying him $10,000,000. Do you think 800 yards is worth that much money? If you do, you are absolutely wrong.

As Seth Keysor likes to say, unfortunately there is no middle class in the NFL (where MVS belongs salary-wise).

My point is really that if Veach’s “miss” at WR is an 800-yard guy, then the situation isn’t all that dire.

Let’s just see how Moore pans out. Juju was a good signing. Watson has been good value. Toney has a lot of upside.

If we can’t re-sign Juju, then I expect another early pick will be a WR. We’ll have more evidence then as well.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:56 PM 11-28-2022
Christian Watson - 22 catches, 353 yards, and 6 TD catches in 9 games.

Sky Moore - 17 catches, 205 yards, zero TD catches, and 3 fumbles as a PR, one of which directly contributed to a loss, in 11 games.

George Pickens - 33 catches, 453 yards, and 2 TD catches, in 10 games.

Who TF cares if Watson's TD catches are only from the last 3 weeks? Watson's production is so far and away better than what we have seem from Moore, as is Pickens' production.

Or we could compare CP's favorite whipping boy Mecole Hardman and DK Metcalf.

I believe Veach is a great GM, but it's OK to admit he struggles with choosing the better receiver.

[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:56 PM 11-28-2022

Where do you come up with this nonsense?

Michael Gallup: 11.5mm/274yds
Curtis Samuel: 11mm/493yds
Nelson Agholor: 11mm/310yds
Tyler Boyd: 10.75mm/595yds
MVS: 10mm/515yds
Russel Gage: 10mm/231yds
Randall Cobb: 9mm/349yds

Please explain why you're so confident that the person is 'ABSOLUTELY WRONG' and bring along some stats to back it up.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:00 PM 11-28-2022

Who TF cares if Watson's TD catches are only from the last 3 weeks?

You're (not surprisingly) missing the point.

The sample size is so small when you're judging guys at this point in their careers.

Three weeks ago I fucking guarantee you wouldn't have been saying that Watson was a better pick than Skyy Moore. Everyone thought Watson was completely worthless. The first play of the entire Packers season was a horrible drop by him that arguably derailed things for that team as much as anything Skyy Moore has ever done (including as a PR). But all it's taken is a few weeks of meaningful production and the narrative is completely different around him.

It doesn't take much to change a narrative when the sample size is limited. So making these judgments now on Moore vs Pickens vs Watson is ridiculous.

But you seem to be doing a lot of that.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 09:03 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Please explain why you're so confident that the person is 'ABSOLUTELY WRONG' and bring along some stats to back it up.
Pointing out other poor performers and other poor contracts doesn't make $10 million for 800 a good deal.

That's like the Broncos excusing Russell Wilson's performance and contract by stating that Brady and the Bucs have a losing record too.

[Reply]
raybec 4 09:05 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

Woah!!Knock that shit off! We don't use stats here. We call opinions analysis and everyone who disagrees with us is a retard.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 112
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up