ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 97
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JuJu to Kansas City
Dante84 02:20 PM 03-18-2022

#ChiefsKingdom Let’s Go!

— JuJu Smith-Schuster (@TeamJuJu) March 18, 2022

JuJu Smith-Schuster is getting a one-year, $10.75M deal with the Chiefs, per source.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) March 18, 2022

[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 08:48 AM 01-03-2023
Juju as a WR2 I could see having a 4-5yr contract, structured as a 3yr contract around 40-45m guaranteed. Essentially a 3yr 15 m per contract voidable after year 3.

The Chiefs were willing to give Hammy Hurtkins 14million per year, years ago with the hopefulness that he would be healthy for at least 10 games. And he has never had the statistical success Juju has had.
Considering Andy went after Juju 2 years in a row and has been a success this year without the real offense he was envisioning of Kelce/Hill/Juju. I'm going to wager that Juju is a priority to resign this offseason.

I think that MVS will either have to restructure to reduce his cap number or be released. But never know, playoffs may make that meh season from him worthwhile to keep. Mecole may get some love in FA, but size and durability concerns will come up. If he can come back for a contract like MVS has right now, I say pull the trigger as fast as you possibly can.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:16 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Well, whether we pay Juju or not, let's be clear. He's not 'average'. Average was Drob and Pringle.

The team went for a better group overall as a strategy, and it worked, by any statistical analysis.

Juju has put up very good numbers.
In no world is 898 yards in 16 games, as the "#1" receiver with Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid, "very good numbers".

His season was very, very average. His games were very average. He is, by all accounts, average.

He was exactly what he's always been. An unexplosive, average, slow-ish WR. He is highly replaceable.

Chiefs need to do better. I have faith they will.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:20 AM 01-03-2023
And a 1,000 yard season barely means jack shit anymore anyway. That's a floor level barometer. It's no longer even a number to fawn over.

Dude is 24th overall in receiving yardage.

Lets aim higher please, thanks.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:27 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I'd rather keep Hardman, think he'll be Cheaper and along with Moore and Toney gives us a poor man's Legion of Zoom which is better suited to what Pat and Andy want to do.
Hmmm.....

I kinda don't think I disagree. And Hardman may be a guy you can get on one of those 'value added' sort of 3 year deals that he has the potential to outplay.

I could absolutely live with a Hardman/Toney/Moore/MVS wide receiver group.

I mean it could implode in spectacular fashion given MVS's inconsistency, Moore's lack of on-field production and injury concerns with both Hardman and Toney - but it could also be similar to those Rams/Martz receiving groups where guys were just flying all over the place.

And with MVS plus a cheaper veteran and/or 2nd/3rd round pick, you can maintain a little size on the roster.

I just think Hardman's skill-set is harder to find and potentially more useful. And he'd likely cost less with greater upside.

Yeah, I think I like this plan.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:37 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hmmm.....

I kinda don't think I disagree. And Hardman may be a guy you can get on one of those 'value added' sort of 3 year deals that he has the potential to outplay.

I mean it could implode in spectacular fashion given MVS's inconsistency, Moore's lack of on-field production and injury concerns with both Hardman and Toney - but it could also be similar to those Rams/Martz receiving groups where guys were just flying all over the place.

And with MVS plus a cheaper veteran and/or 2nd/3rd round pick, you can maintain a little size on the roster.

I just think Hardman's skill-set is harder to find and potentially more useful. And he'd likely cost less with greater upside.

I think you could potentially get Hardman on a 1 year prove it deal. It's not out of the question. Let JuJu walk and add another big-bodied, sure handed talent in that slot, either via draft or otherwise.

...Sigh....fucking Pickens woulda been an amazing compliment to Hardman, Toney and MVS....but alas....
[Reply]
BWillie 11:40 AM 01-03-2023
There is no way we can keep Juju. Hes going to get overpaid by someone and he should take it. Its his time to make dat money.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I think you could potentially get Hardman on a 1 year prove it deal. It's not out of the question. Let JuJu walk and add another big-bodied, sure handed talent in that slot, either via draft or otherwise.

...Sigh....fucking Pickens woulda been an amazing compliment to Hardman, Toney and MVS....but alas....
I'd rather get him on an MVS sort of deal; 1 year with a couple of reasonable 'options' if he develops and a reasonable enough escape hatch if he doesn't.

I just think we need to be looking more for guys we can try to lock in for an extra year here and there to try to create some surplus value on the roster. And doing it with a guy who's been in this system for 4 years is really a nice way to go about it.
[Reply]
-King- 11:40 AM 01-03-2023
Hmmm.....

Wait what? The Rams had Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce. How would the two receiving groups be anywhere similar?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:43 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wait what? The Rams had Tory Hold and Isaac Bruce. How would the two receiving groups be anywhere similar?
Philosophy - not pure talent.

Holt/Bruce made space for each other because they could both challenge anywhere on the field. And Hakim as a pure burner was able to further complicate those issues.

So if you see Toney as a poor man's Holt, MVS as a poor man's Bruce and Hardman as a better version of Hakim, you can use similar concepts to pressure defenses. Moore as a better version of Proehl fits as well. And where you lose on raw talent at the WR group, you can gain it back by having a guy like Kelce at TE who draws attention. And while I think Warner is among the best pure passers of all time, he's no Mahomes.

It would really create a lot of headaches out there. I'm not saying adopt his offense - but you could borrow a lot of concepts from it and put them to excellent use with that WR group.
[Reply]
-King- 11:47 AM 01-03-2023
Philosophy - not pure talent.

Holt/Bruce made space for each other because they could both challenge anywhere on the field. And Hakim as a pure burner was able to further complicate those issues.

So if you see Toney as a poor man's Holt, MVS as a poor man's Bruce and Hardman as a better version of Hakim, you can use similar concepts to pressure defenses. Moore as a better version of Proehl fits as well.

It would really create a lot of headaches out there.
I think they're more the homeless man's with AIDS versions of those player rather than poor man's.

It could work if we had a player to push everyone down a slot but the way you guys have the lineup, sheesh that's damn ugly.

It's kind of ironic that of those receivers the only player that has seemed to gel with Mahomes is the one who has been on the team the shortest amount of time. The others, it seems like Mahomes has no real connection and anticipation with.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:52 AM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
I think they're more the homeless man's with AIDS versions of those player rather than poor man's.

It could work if we had a player to push everyone down a slot but the way you guys have the lineup, sheesh that's damn ugly.

It's kind of ironic that of those receivers the only player that has seemed to gel with Mahomes is the one who has been on the team the shortest amount of time. The others, it seems like Mahomes has no real connection and anticipation with.
Toney has every skill Holt ever had. And a similar pedigree.

Don't underestimate the impact that offense had on Holt's production. And yes, Bruce was quite a bit better than MVS, but again - they also didn't have Kelce. And Bruce was a great possession WR - combine Kelce's ability as a possession weapon with MVS as a deep threat, and I think you can generate a reasonable facsimile.

I think it could work. It's a risk, but we're gonna have to start taking those.
[Reply]
O.city 01:05 PM 01-03-2023
I would check and see if the Panthers wanted to move DJ Moore again this offseason.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:08 PM 01-03-2023
Toney has every skill Holt ever had. And a similar pedigree.

Don't underestimate the impact that offense had on Holt's production. And yes, Bruce was quite a bit better than MVS, but again - they also didn't have Kelce. And Bruce was a great possession WR - combine Kelce's ability as a possession weapon with MVS as a deep threat, and I think you can generate a reasonable facsimile.

I think it could work. It's a risk, but we're gonna have to start taking those.
We took a gigantic risk with our offense last offseason and the payoff from that should encourage us to take more with our WR core in the future.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:19 PM 01-03-2023
You guys can correct me if I’m wrong here but what I’ve seen is that when shit goes sideways and Kelce isn’t open, Patrick’s next target is almost always Juju. It sure seems like he has a ton of trust in that guy. I think that’s the difference between Juju and Hardman.

I just don’t think you can move on from MVS and Hardman at the same time bc their speed brings an element to the offense that really opens things up.

I hope we are able to solve one of RT or edge in FA so we can use our 2nd rd pick on a speed receiver whether Hardman is here or not.

I’d actually be fine with doing what we did at corner to WR. Draft 2 or 3 with high potential and stock the shit out of that room.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:36 PM 01-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I would check and see if the Panthers wanted to move DJ Moore again this offseason.
Easily, but I feel like that ship has sailed.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 97
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096 > Last »
Up