ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 88
« First < 36768283848586 8788 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tom Brady Retiring
Dante84 01:31 PM 01-29-2022
Patrick Mahomes, you’re up.

2023 version:

Video of Tom Brady making the news official: “I’m retiring. For good.”pic.twitter.com/oEPV3smYrH https://t.co/Rt37oFP7Jh

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 1, 2023

2022 version:

Tom Brady is retiring from football after 22 extraordinary seasons, multiple sources tell @JeffDarlington and me.

More coming on https://t.co/rDZaVFhcDQ. pic.twitter.com/6CHWmMlyXg

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) January 29, 2022

EDIT: Timeline below.
1. Darlington & Schefter report Brady is retiring.
2. TB12, Tom’s brand/company, tweet (then later delete) about his retirement.
3. Toms teammates tweet about his retirement.
4. Tom’s agent, dad, Arians, and Licht all say Tom hasn’t decided yet.
5. Ian Rappaport says many sources confirm Tom plans to retire but the pushback is due to timing.
6. Tom announces retirement again in 2023.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 07:12 AM 05-06-2024
Tom Brady is Troy Aikman saying, "Talk to me when he has half my Super Bowls." Mahomes is knockin', eventually you'll have to answer.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:19 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Brady will always be undefeated against the Chiefs and Mahomes in the playoffs, and that's never going to go away. If he wants to be a noxious dick about it, well, he's earned the right.

I'm sorry but the head-to-head argument is the dumbest argument to make when it comes to Brady. Brady is literally 2-9 in the playoffs vs Eli, Foles, Plummer, Sanchez, Tannehill, Flacco, and Dak. Meanwhile, Mahomes has only lost to two excellent QBs in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:26 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That is probably the single dumbest point people make to suck Brady’s dick in comparison to Mahomes.

Mahomes and Brady won 2 Super Bowls each with Mahomes as a starter in the league.

With Mahomes’s 2 most vulnerable teams, Mahomes made it to Brady in the postseason.

What happened in the years when Brady had vulnerable teams? Why wasn’t he good enough to elevate those teams to make it to Mahomes?

And that’s ignoring that Brady was thoroughly out played by Mahomes in the AFCCG, and was a Dee Ford away from throwing his third pick to choke away that game.
I hope you're not implying that I'm ballwashing that prick, because if you are you can fuck straight the hell off. Yes, I know all about Dee Ford - I was freezing my ass off watching from the upper level when it happened. For about five glorious seconds I thought I had just watched the Chiefs punch their ticket to the Super Bowl in person. Then it all went away. Yes, the Chiefs should have won that game. But they didn't. And maybe the Bucs Super Bowl debacle doesn't shake out the way it did had Fisher not been hurt in the previous game. But he was. Facts are facts, no matter how much they suck.

Luckily three championships in five years takes a lot of the sting away, so we don't have to keep whining about woulda/coulda/shoulda. Or at least we shouldn't. We're not Bills fans.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:55 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I'm seeing clips of this show up right now on X, but you couldn't pay me enough to watch this shit. This guy will never be able to stay out of the limelight.
Nobody cares what your dumb miserable ass has to say
[Reply]
AussieChiefsFan 08:17 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Not a real roast if you don't invite Eli Manning, probably the one guy with the most street cred to roast him. Brady went off on Giants fans too...still bitter about 18-1 lol.

Good point, he was the one missing piece. Would have been hilarious if he walked out after Peyton.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:20 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan:
Good point, he was the one missing piece. Would have been hilarious if he walked out after Peyton.
Proof that Brady probably had a say in who showed up to roast him. He's still badly hurt about his 2 losses to Eli in the SB...
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:21 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Nobody cares what your dumb miserable ass has to say
Look who's talking. If you want to watch a Patriots circle jerk for a couple of hours centered around this attention-obsessed fraud, have at it. I'll take a pass every time.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:24 AM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
And that’s ignoring that Brady was thoroughly out played by Mahomes in the AFCCG, and was a Dee Ford away from throwing his third pick to choke away that game.
We win the AFCCG if Ford is not offsides. How is that Mahomes fault? We lost the SB because he was running for his life at the snap of the ba;;. How's that his fault?
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:24 AM 05-06-2024
I hope you're not implying that I'm ballwashing that prick, because if you are you can fuck straight the hell off. Yes, I know all about Dee Ford - I was freezing my ass off watching from the upper level when it happened. For about five glorious seconds I thought I had just watched the Chiefs punch their ticket to the Super Bowl in person. Then it all went away. Yes, the Chiefs should have won that game. But they didn't. And maybe the Bucs Super Bowl debacle doesn't shake out the way it did had Fisher not been hurt in the previous game. But he was. Facts are facts, no matter how much they suck.

Luckily three championships in five years takes a lot of the sting away, so we don't have to keep whining about woulda/coulda/shoulda. Or at least we shouldn't. We're not Bills fans.
I know you’re not blowing Brady.

That’s a point that the Brady blowers love though.

The issue with the postseason head to head argument is that it suggests that losing before you meet the other guy is better than losing to him.

It suggests that losing in the Wildcard Round is somehow better than dragging that same team to a Super Bowl and losing there.

It’s a very flawed argument. I give Brady credit for winning against Mahomes twice. I also give Mahomes credit for taking those two teams to the AFCCG and Super Bowl.

I don’t give Brady any credit for losing in the Wildcard Round instead of dragging those two teams to the AFCCG and Super Bowl, where he would’ve lost to Mahomes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:24 AM 05-06-2024

I know you’re not blowing Brady.

That’s a point that the Brady blowers love though.

The issue with the postseason head to head argument is that it suggests that losing before you meet the other guy is better than losing to him.

It suggests that losing in the Wildcard Round is somehow better than dragging that same team to a Super Bowl and losing there.

It’s a very flawed argument. I give Brady credit for winning against Mahomes twice. I also give Mahomes credit for taking those two teams to the AFCCG and Super Bowl.

I don’t give Brady any credit for losing in the Wildcard Round instead of dragging those two teams to the AFCCG and Super Bowl, where he would’ve lost to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:33 AM 05-06-2024
Facts are facts, no matter how much they suck.
Here is another fact for you. Brady reached the SB after having thrown 3 interceptions in the NFC title game against the Packers. In other words, he was carried there by his defense.
Mahomes will never ever lose to an Eli Manning level QB, TWICE, in the SB. That is by far a more embarrassing fact than losing to a loaded roster with an elite QB.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:43 AM 05-06-2024
This is how I envision patriots fans watching a show like that.

[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:45 AM 05-06-2024
I love Eli Manning

I thought about attending the Roast of Tom Brady last night, but I did not want to Roast him for a 3rd time!!

— Eli Manning (@EliManning) May 6, 2024

[Reply]
jdubya 09:29 AM 05-06-2024
It was just a roast. They are intended to make fun of anybody they can. Pretty funny actually.
[Reply]
srvy 09:34 AM 05-06-2024
Jeez Tom Brady and Kevin Hart. Ever been two more unlikable people?
[Reply]
Jerm 09:45 AM 05-06-2024
Randy Moss looked like he wanted to murder Tony Hinchcliffe LOL...
[Reply]
Page 86 of 88
« First < 36768283848586 8788 >
Up