ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 86 of 432
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official '22/'23 Defending Natl' Champion KU Men’s Basketball Repository Thread***
cmh6476 12:54 PM 05-16-2022
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:44 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Self must have seen something with Wisconsin that needed Clemence in instead of Udeh and Ejiofor. Just kind of confusing.
I think the theory for Self was probably that Clemence provides spacing for players like Wilson/Harris to drive (which was our only real source of offense in the 2nd half). Problem is that only works in theory if he can shoot (and Wisconsin dared him to and he didn't make it every single time).
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:30 PM 11-24-2022
I listened to Self’s postgame on the way to Thanksgiving dinner.

He was PISSED. I feel sorry for the guys at their next practice.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:00 PM 11-24-2022
Holy hell !
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:07 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Man ya all got lucky.
The more I practice the luckier I get” - Arnold Palmer

Corn football should practice more
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:00 PM 11-24-2022
And now we get Rick Barnes and the boys from Tennessee
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 03:13 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Wilson trying to flop on that play is pathetic. Stand your ground and make him shoot over you.

Originally Posted by BWillie:
Go back and look. I don't think he was. He was trying to lean to body him up but lost his balance.

Yeah, that wasn't anything even remotely like a flop. Wilson was bodying him up, but got his feet in a odd spot and UW guy knocked him over.
[Reply]
farmerchief 03:22 PM 11-24-2022
This will be one of Selfs toughest teams to coach. He needs to teach his freshman bigs how to work within the offense, as he needs their size inside.
He needs to teach Dick some semblance of playing defense to keep him on the floor in order for him to contribute on offense. Looks like his mother should have taught him a little defense instead of concentrating so much on shooting.
He needs to wave his magic wand and somehow develop point guards to spell Harris( man, we look terrible when Harris is off the court). Looks like we’ve got reinforcements coming, but they are a year away.
Our whole team sure needs free throw practice, this game would never have went to OT, if we could made a few more.
Whew, that game was exhausting to watch, I guess Self has his work cut out for him with all the youngsters. He didn’t look happy after the game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:24 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yeah, that wasn't anything even remotely like a flop. Wilson was bodying him up, but got his feet in a odd spot and UW guy knocked him over.
Looked like a flop to me on a spin move but maybe I'm wrong.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:28 PM 11-24-2022
“He kicked our butt,” Self said of Wahl “I’ve got a pet peeve. You never, ever, ever, ever fall down (on defense) at game point, ever. We fell down at game point. J-Will said the floor was slick and he slipped. That sounds to me like a little bit of an excuse. (But) we did have slipping out there today.

Self's comment on the play, which I'd agree with.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:13 PM 11-24-2022
I didn’t get a good look at it, but that’s a really dumb idea to flop there with the new rule.

You can’t risk losing on a technical foul in that situation.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:22 PM 11-24-2022
Just watched the replay of the game winner a few times. A couple things I didn’t catch the first time around:

1. Look where Pettiford is when Clemence takes his shot, and how far he had to run to end up in the right spot.

2. Major credit to Wilson for fighting for the rebound. If he gives up on the play, the Wisconsin player easily gets the rebound. He knocks the ball away, which fortunately goes exactly where Pettiford ended up.
[Reply]
cmh6476 06:43 PM 11-24-2022
First time teams are playing multiple games over a short number of days and it shows.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:48 PM 11-24-2022
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
First time teams are playing multiple games over a short number of days and it shows.
I don't think any student athlete should have to make a trip or play on ANY big National Holiday like Tgiving, xmas, ny day, independence day etc.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:25 PM 11-24-2022
Cry moar

[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:43 PM 11-24-2022
I was only able to see the second half.

It wasn't the worst officiated game. But there were some phantom fouls down low on both teams where it looked like the ref just assumed. And then some I thought were pretty ticky tack, because there was no way they were going to call it that tight every time.

And of course they weren't consistent.
[Reply]
Page 86 of 432
« First < 36768283848586 8788899096136186 > Last »
Up