ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 139
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
Megatron96 11:45 AM 11-02-2022
I'm trying like hell to contain my excitement, as it's very likely Toney won't be on the field much this season, as much as we'd all like to see him out there making crazy plays with Pat.

But this guy is so electric, it's really hard to keep my pants on, so to speak.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:46 AM 11-02-2022
I saw Superturtle's post and automatically thought it was BossChief that he was quoting when I saw "Silverback" :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:47 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I'm trying like hell to contain my excitement, as it's very likely Toney won't be on the field much this season, as much as we'd all like to see him out there making crazy plays with Pat.

He's gonna play man. They've been thinking about how to use him for months apparently.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:53 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I wonder if that was before or after trading Tyreek
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:55 AM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He's gonna play man. They've been thinking about how to use him for months apparently.
Yeah, I get that Veach liked this guy last year. My only concern is whether he has the brains to be an integral part of the offense. Just to get on the field much this season, he's going to have to absorb a good chunk of the playbook very quickly. And he doesn't seem to be nearly as good playing against zone as he is vs. man. Now, between Kelce and JJSS, he's got access to a couple really good mentors in that regard. But that may take time.

Personally, I think a lot of his routes (outside of gadgets/screens) will be verticals, where he can maximize his current abilities.

Whatever. Just trying not to geek out too much at this point. Better to be pleasantly surprised if he plays more than 5 snaps/game.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:56 AM 11-02-2022

You know who NYs OC is right?

I have a feeling Toney will be able to contribute a little faster than some may think.
[Reply]
poolboy 11:56 AM 11-02-2022
Peter King just said that we traded a second and a fifth for Toney...he is not good at his only job
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:01 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
You know who NYs OC is right?

I have a feeling Toney will be able to contribute a little faster than some may think.
All other things being equal, I would agree with you. And yeah, I know it's kafka/Daboll. And Kafka was with the Chiefs last year. My understanding is that the NYG offense is kind of a hybrid between WC(Kafka) and the spread (Daboll).

So much of the language should be the same or similar.

But Toney didn't participate in preseason activities, and at least NYG analysts felt he didn't improve over last season. So that's at least a little concerning.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:01 PM 11-02-2022
Yeah, I get that Veach liked this guy last year. My only concern is whether he has the brains to be an integral part of the offense. Just to get on the field much this season, he's going to have to absorb a good chunk of the playbook very quickly. And he doesn't seem to be nearly as good playing against zone as he is vs. man. Now, between Kelce and JJSS, he's got access to a couple really good mentors in that regard. But that may take time.

Personally, I think a lot of his routes (outside of gadgets/screens) will be verticals, where he can maximize his current abilities.

Whatever. Just trying not to geek out too much at this point. Better to be pleasantly surprised if he plays more than 5 snaps/game.
Oh, I don't think he's going to take on a full time role right away. Like you said, he still has to learn the route trees and the playbook.

But you can bet that they've got some designed packages ready for him to get him involved sooner rather than later...
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:09 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I saw Superturtle's post and automatically thought it was BossChief that he was quoting when I saw "Silverback" :-)
:-) Took enough shit for thinking that signing Brokeback was a bad idea at the time that I will gleefully mock any mention of him for all times.
[Reply]
raybec 4 12:26 PM 11-02-2022
All other things being equal, I would agree with you. And yeah, I know it's kafka/Daboll. And Kafka was with the Chiefs last year. My understanding is that the NYG offense is kind of a hybrid between WC(Kafka) and the spread (Daboll).

So much of the language should be the same or similar.

But Toney didn't participate in preseason activities, and at least NYG analysts felt he didn't improve over last season. So that's at least a little concerning.
I'm not sure how in just 2 games they decided he hadn't gotten any better at all.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:28 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by poolboy:
Peter King just said that we traded a second and a fifth for Toney...he is not good at his only job
Link?
[Reply]
poolboy 12:30 PM 11-02-2022
he was on the Cowherd
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:30 PM 11-02-2022
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I'm not sure how in just 2 games they decided he hadn't gotten any better at all.
No idea. Just paraphrasing what I read from a couple of their local Giants analysts. Doesn't help that he was only targeted like 3 times in those games, so literally no actual film to study either.

Maybe they're going by how he practiced?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:32 PM 11-02-2022
WEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
[Reply]
Page 85 of 139
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135 > Last »
Up