ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 85 of 240
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid is a terrible head football coach
rabblerouser 09:43 AM 09-18-2015
Andy Reid got depantsed in the Super Bowl by Bruce Arians.

Bruce Fucking Arians and Tom Fucking Brady.

Well, you see, Andy Reid is an offensive genius, and how dare we question Andy Reid's genius in not running the ball and not utilizing the screen pass in the face of an epically brutal pass rush, a patchwork offensive line and a QB with a hurt toe?

How dare we question his geniusness?

Oh, and Spags? The "great Brady Killer"? They had his defense figured out by the 2nd quarter and he couldn't adjust it. He was Bob Sutton Jr.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 AM 09-20-2018
Mecca, I'd be careful talking about Tomlin outside of CP. I was basically called a racist on another board for suggesting Tomlin was overrated and he’s at fault for the drama surrounding the Steelers every year.

:-)
[Reply]
RunKC 09:04 AM 09-20-2018
I still don’t trust Andy completely. He’s had the better team/QB and lost to weaker teams in the playoffs several times.

I will say that this is the best chance he’s got. The AFC is weak and Mahomes is amazing.
[Reply]
Amnorix 09:06 AM 09-20-2018
I really don't know what to say/think. On the one hand I really do feel like Tomlin and Cowher before him were overrated coaches. But putting aside everything else, their teams WERE/ARE in the playoffs basically every year, and that has to count for something.

And I agree with McCarthy too. Then I think Sean Payton, and oh, gee, he's had Drew Brees for like 10 years and only gone to one SB also, and his teams on average have been far worse than McCarthy's.

The real issue is this-- I look at the coaches over the last 15-20 years and they all -- otehr than Belichick -- seem kinda mediocre compared to the coaches of my youth -- Shula, Walsh, Parcells, Gibbs and the like. Today's coaches, at best, remind me of the second tier guys from that era -- the Bum PHillips, Chuck Knox's etc.

But then I realize, there can't really be only one great coach in the NFL right now, right? I mean, if NOBODY is "better than average", then we have the bar in the wrong place, and there's just different ways to skin a cat and the whole exercise of consistent success is just MUCH harder than we all think.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:14 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Mecca, I'd be careful talking about Tomlin outside of CP. I was basically called a racist on another board for suggesting Tomlin was overrated and he’s at fault for the drama surrounding the Steelers every year.

Seriously?

For a long time I thought the Steelers hired him because you know when it's the Rooney rule you kinda have to go with it.

I don't think he's like the worst coach ever I just think he was gifted a situation that most everyone would have succeeded in. And now that the team has more of his guys on it they are falling apart. And for all that he still has Cowhers QB.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I really don't know what to say/think. On the one hand I really do feel like Tomlin and Cowher before him were overrated coaches. But putting aside everything else, their teams WERE/ARE in the playoffs basically every year, and that has to count for something.

And I agree with McCarthy too. Then I think Sean Payton, and oh, gee, he's had Drew Brees for like 10 years and only gone to one SB also, and his teams on average have been far worse than McCarthy's.

The real issue is this-- I look at the coaches over the last 15-20 years and they all -- otehr than Belichick -- seem kinda mediocre compared to the coaches of my youth -- Shula, Walsh, Parcells, Gibbs and the like. Today's coaches, at best, remind me of the second tier guys from that era -- the Bum PHillips, Chuck Knox's etc.

But then I realize, there can't really be only one great coach in the NFL right now, right? I mean, if NOBODY is "better than average", then we have the bar in the wrong place, and there's just different ways to skin a cat and the whole exercise of consistent success is just MUCH harder than we all think.
Really, at this point, I think there's more parity and the league has closed the gap on the coaches etc. Back in the day, the top notch guys had a decided advantage. I just don't think that's there anymore due to rule changes, free agency, etc.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:22 AM 09-20-2018
If an alien (or bandwagon fan) ever wants the flavor of CP - direct them to this goddamn retarded abortion of a thread.

Go through it and look at the myriad of conflicting gripes. If Andy is sitting on a lead in the 2nd half and throws the ball around - "Reid is such an idiot, he can't manage a clock!" If Reid is sitting on a 2nd half lead and runs the ball "Goddamn Reid is taking his foot off the gas, what an idiot..."

For the love of fuck. We have unquestionably one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL, a goddamn QB guru and offensive wizard in the era of offensive football. He's a single SB victory from being a cinch HoFer and even without one he'll likely end up among the top 10-15 most successful coaches in NFL history. There is a single coach in the NFL I'd take over him right now and that's because Sean McVay is 14 years old and will be doing this for 3 decades.

So I'm just going to quote myself from the last time this pack of braindead fucks were saying we needed to replace him with Josh McDaniels

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You people are fucking idiots.

Reid has had TWO losing seasons in an 18 year career.

You people act like a head coach's job is the same as an OC. It isn't; it's nothing close, in fact. The head coach is a chief administrator. He's the guy that lays out camp, sets clubhouse rules, establishes a culture and an atmosphere.

And you want to fire him for a guy that had a hard on for Matt fucking Cassel because you don't like the number of screens he runs.

Look, the playcalling bugs the shit out of me as well but a head coach is a package deal; you take the good with the bad and ask if the whole package makes for an effective head coach.

By every single available objective metric, Andy Reid is no worse than a good head football coach. His players love playing for him and they want to be here. He wins games, despite your assurances that you'd have done it differently.

Fuck me, we're not even 5 years removed from the last Patriots Tree abortion and you people are just clamoring for another round of it as though you wouldn't turn on that visor wearing ass clown as well.

Idiots, the whole fucking lot of you.
Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. He always has been and the moment he retires we'll end up replacing him with someone who isn't as good as him. This dude is the architect for an era of football that will be unmatched in the history of the KC Chiefs.

And somehow there's a 1,200 post thread based on the premise that he's fucking Jeff Fisher.

Idiots. All of you.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:28 AM 09-20-2018
It’s interesting to me that Reid has a much better coaching tree than Belichick. He is long overdue to win a Super Bowl. At least now he has a fearless QB who enjoys shootouts with other QB’s. This could push Andy over the top.
[Reply]
fan4ever 09:36 AM 09-20-2018
If an alien (or bandwagon fan) ever wants the flavor of CP - direct them to this goddamn retarded abortion of a thread.

Go through it and look at the myriad of conflicting gripes. If Andy is sitting on a lead in the 2nd half and throws the ball around - "Reid is such an idiot, he can't manage a clock!" If Reid is sitting on a 2nd half lead and runs the ball "Goddamn Reid is taking his foot off the gas, what an idiot..."

For the love of ****. We have unquestionably one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL, a goddamn QB guru and offensive wizard in the era of offensive football. He's a single SB victory from being a cinch HoFer and even without one he'll likely end up among the top 10-15 most successful coaches in NFL history. There is a single coach in the NFL I'd take over him right now and that's because Sean McVay is 14 years old and will be doing this for 3 decades.

So I'm just going to quote myself from the last time this pack of braindead ****s were saying we needed to replace him with Josh McDaniels

Andy Reid is a fantastic coach. He always has been and the moment he retires we'll end up replacing him with someone who isn't as good as him. This dude is the architect for an era of football that will be unmatched in the history of the KC Chiefs.

And somehow there's a 1,200 post thread based on the premise that he's ****ing Jeff Fisher.

Idiots. All of you.
A lot of truth in what you say...but it doesn't eliminate the fact that game day he's not a genius. If you don't mind an NASCAR analogy, you can build a great car and assemble a great pit crew, but if you're not a great driver, you're not going to succeed when facing other great drivers on race day. Some of us have been waiting our lifetimes to make it to the summit...and it's painful to know while Andy's a great HC, we're afraid he's likely not going to take us there because of his past game day performances...when coaching really matters most. MAYBE Mahomes can change all that.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:37 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
It’s interesting to me that Reid has a much better coaching tree than Belichick. He is long overdue to win a Super Bowl. At least now he has a fearless QB who enjoys shootouts with other QB’s. This could push Andy over the top.
That is because Belichick is the Patriots coaching tree, all of those other dudes just do as they are told.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:03 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Patriots way only works when you've got mutual respect based on prior success, and a HOF QB running your offense. Sociopathic snakes usually aren't able to just walk into new teams and locker rooms and for some reason the Belicheck tree churns those out far too often. Maybe you can treat college kids who aren't making a living yet like that, but not in the NFL.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:07 AM 09-20-2018

Race Bs Ban
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:08 AM 09-20-2018
Originally Posted by fan4ever:
A lot of truth in what you say...but it doesn't eliminate the fact that game day he's not a genius. If you don't mind an NASCAR analogy, you can build a great car and assemble a great pit crew, but if you're not a great driver, you're not going to succeed when facing other great drivers on race day. Some of us have been waiting our lifetimes to make it to the summit...and it's painful to know while Andy's a great HC, we're afraid he's likely not going to take us there because of his past game day performances...when coaching really matters most. MAYBE Mahomes can change all that.
I just can't agree with this at all.

If you think Reid is some sort of gameday rube, you're just not watching enough football outside of KC. Even the almighty Belichick allows things to get hairy in the 4th and that's with a wizard under center.

Andy has spent his entire career here playing chess every game and trying to create mismatches against teams. And as a general rule, he's succeeded. He's a well above average gameday coach as well but people are looking for someone to blame.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:09 AM 09-20-2018

For the love of ****. We have unquestionably one of the 5 best coaches in the NFL, a goddamn QB guru and offensive wizard in the era of offensive football. He's a single SB victory from being a cinch HoFer and even without one he'll likely end up among the top 10-15 most successful coaches in NFL history. There is a single coach in the NFL I'd take over him right now and that's because Sean McVay is 14 years old and will be doing this for 3 decades.

So I'm just going to quote myself from the last time this pack of braindead ****s were saying we needed to replace him with Josh McDaniels

And somehow there's a 1,200 post thread based on the premise that he's ****ing Jeff Fisher.

Idiots. All of you.
Agreed. Literally every talking head has mentioned how awesome it is for Mahomes to have a genius like Reid on his side. This thread is an embarrassment.
[Reply]
Best22 10:12 AM 09-20-2018

That's dumb. Any coach can be replaced. Tomlin was a good coach with rings but firing him wasn't necessarily wrong
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:19 AM 09-20-2018
Mike Tomlin a guy who's never had a losing record in 12 years been to 2 super bowls and won 1 is a bad coach. I've seen it all on here.
[Reply]
Page 85 of 240
« First < 35758182838485 8687888995135185 > Last »
Up