ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 120
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:27 PM 08-16-2023

With that strikeout, Paul DeJong is off to a 3-for-42 start with the #BlueJays.

0 walks, 17 strikeouts.

— Keegan Matheson (@KeeganMatheson) August 16, 2023

Make it stop.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:56 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:

Make it stop.
Imagine five years of that shit
[Reply]
KC_Connection 07:09 PM 08-16-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Imagine five years of that shit
Bichette is back on Friday and I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they DFA'd DeJong despite having no decent backup SS defensively. His offense is pitcher-level hitting bad.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:27 PM 08-16-2023
The As....
[Reply]
bdj23 07:36 PM 08-16-2023
Bichette is back on Friday and I honestly wouldn't be that surprised if they DFA'd DeJong despite having no decent backup SS defensively. His offense is pitcher-level hitting bad.
Sending him down for a month or so then calling him back up usually works to get a 7-10 game heater out of him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:17 PM 08-17-2023
Nice golf shot, Goldy.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:26 PM 08-17-2023
Oh jfc. We can't even run the bases competently. Welp, we're on to dinner.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:26 PM 08-17-2023
Did O'Neill really just run through 2nd base?
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:27 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:

Yep.

JC, the replay makes it look worse.
[Reply]
bdj23 06:29 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yep.
This God damn team i swear...
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:31 PM 08-17-2023
Seriously. I think last season I noted at one point that the team looked like they'd never seen a double play executed properly, which was why they couldn't execute one. Now we're unable to run the bases properly. It's like they've never seen baseball played at the MLB level.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:34 PM 08-17-2023
And this ump sucks ass
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:12 PM 08-17-2023
I'm just glad someone else gets to experience this.

Now imagine your franchise moving a gold glove shortstop to the OF so they could shoehorn this guy into the lineup. And imagine that same franchise making probably 3-5 DUMBER decisions in the last 18 months alone.

I cannot overstate how poorly run the Cardinals are.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:17 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Cardinal twitter trying to call it a smart play.

"The cardinals teach that so the run will score!!!"

A) if they teach that, fire everyone. Because the concert falls apart upon any scrutiny at all.

B) let's presume for a minute there's some semi-rational circumstance where that makes sense - THE PLAY WAS IN FRONT OF HIM! He knows he's safe if he slides and Walker was going to beat out the slow roller. The run scores if he's just not stupid.

C) someone should tell Goldschmidt 'The Cardinals teach that...' because he was just sauntering his ass down the 3b line.

Bottom line is it's an unfocused, undisciplined, poorly coached and frankly stupid ballclub. It all starts from the top. This is the kind of galaxy brained shit your team does when leadership is convinced it's simply smarter than everyone else.

They've spent so many years slurping up 'model franchise' hosannas that Luhnow and LaRussa earned that they buy their own bullshit.

I hate them all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:42 PM 08-17-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

B) let's presume for a minute there's some semi-rational circumstance where that makes sense - THE PLAY WAS IN FRONT OF HIM! He knows he's safe if he slides and Walker was going to beat out the slow roller. The run scores if he's just not stupid.

C) someone should tell Goldschmidt 'The Cardinals teach that...' because he was just sauntering his ass down the 3b line.

Bottom line is it's an unfocused, undisciplined, poorly coached and frankly stupid ballclub. It all starts from the top. This is the kind of galaxy brained shit your team does when leadership is convinced it's simply smarter than everyone else.

They've spent so many years slurping up 'model franchise' hosannas that Luhnow and LaRussa earned that they buy their own bullshit.

I hate them all.

1000%.

It looks like amateur hour out there. i never played organized bb past the grade school level and I know better than to run through the 2nd base bag in that situation. Hell, if I did that in 7th grade, I'd have been running laps/doing push-ups forever.

The crazy part is they're effing up shit that EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO DO CORRECTLY. It's like they've never even seen a MLB game, much less played.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 120
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Up