ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 112
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach is the best GM in the NFL
staylor26 11:51 AM 07-14-2020
I don’t think it’s even debatable at this point
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:57 PM 10-17-2022
Especially if he knows he's a placeholder for a new LT we already drafted. At that point he and his agent probably shift tactics to force their way out of the organization.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:19 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
He would hit the open market in 2024 anyways. KC isn’t franchising him three years in a row. He would make around $24 million in 2024 (I think) on a third consecutive tag, that’s way too much.
You can’t tag him 3 years in a row. He’d be a free agent.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:21 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Uhh, OBJ probably isn't willingly waiting another year for his long term money. He was already on the cusp of sitting out without a long term deal this season. I wouldn't be so keen to play that game a second time.
He's not going to get it anywhere with his 2022 film.

Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I think you can transition after franchise unless the last cba did away with that.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:22 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
That’s fine, my point still stands. There’s zero reason why Brown would agree to a one-year team friendly contract. You either extend him or let him walk. Extending him would be a huge mistake, so walk it is.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:24 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Didn't they squib it yesterday? And the result?
Yeah...KC pulled off the same thing yesterday with 1 less second on the clock and fewer timeouts on the clock as well. Lol

13 second FG drive with multiple timeouts
12 second FG drive with only 1 timeout
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:24 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
He's not going to get it anywhere with his 2022 film.

I think you can transition after franchise unless the last cba did away with that.
Agreed. But from how we've seen him operate it still won't stop him from doing everything in his power to get out of the organization if we aren't willing to give him his long term deal and let him play LT.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:26 PM 10-17-2022
Agreed. But from how we've seen him operate it still won't stop him from doing everything in his power to get out of the organization if we aren't willing to give him his long term deal and let him play LT.
He can sit. I think if they offered him a strong one year prove-it offer in 2023 with a 100% guaranteed market release in 2024, his side would eventually reluctantly accept it.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:30 PM 10-17-2022
He can sit. I think if they offered him a strong one year prove-it offer in 2023 with a 100% guaranteed market release in 2024, his side would eventually reluctantly accept it.
What’s he going to prove in 2023 that he hasn’t already proven. OBJ came into the NFL with extremely poor athleticism and nothing about his play has dispelled that notion. He’s not going to magically become a good pass blocking OT.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:32 PM 10-17-2022
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
What’s he going to prove in 2023 that he hasn’t already proven. OBJ came into the NFL with extremely poor athleticism and nothing about his play has dispelled that notion. He’s not going to magically become a good pass blocking OT.
Son of a bitch. You really are RedDawgII
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:32 PM 10-17-2022
So you're willing to tag him at about 20 million and have him potentially sit? That would effectively nullify our available cap space for an average at best LT. And if he decides to follow through and sit out the rookie starts anyway. What have you accomplished then?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:33 PM 10-17-2022
So you're willing to tag him at about 20 million and have him potentially sit? That would effectively nullify our available cap space for an average at best LT. And if he decides to follow through and sit out the rookie starts anyway. What have you accomplished then?
Sitting is not going to generate him any dollars. Big difference in threatening to sit coming off a career year vs a down year.

If he does, you just have to start the rookie at LT and thank OBJ for the cap credits.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:36 PM 10-17-2022
Sitting is not going to generate him any dollars. Big difference in threatening to sit coming off a career year vs a down year.

If he does, you just have to start the rookie at LT and thank OBJ for the cap credits.
His sense of self worth is hilariously inflated. It's why he feels entitled to a top of the line deal and to play LT in the first place. He (and by extension his noob agent) won't see it that way.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:37 PM 10-17-2022
We will see. 2022 might humble them. Might not.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:40 PM 10-17-2022
I doubt it. Wouldn't surprise me if the fact he hired that noob agent so late in the process is that he was the only one willing to tell Brown what he wanted to hear instead of what he needed to hear.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:42 PM 10-17-2022
I mean worst case scenario, his idiot agent talks him into sitting and the Chiefs will take a much needed cap credit the next year
[Reply]
Page 84 of 112
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894 > Last »
Up