ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 367
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Car and Gearhead Thread***
BigRedChief 12:29 PM 03-17-2015
Seems like we need one on here to talk cars, mods and the coolness of your or their car.

Interested? Chime in
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:45 PM 07-13-2015
So I added up all the things I wanted to do to my Jeep..to get an idea in how much it all is exactly

I have come to the realization I am going to have to give a lot of handjobs behind 711 to pay for my shit

:-) :-)
[Reply]
hometeam 05:53 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Headrests are back in the car. Flame away.:-)

:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:57 PM 07-13-2015
Originally Posted by hometeam:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
[Reply]
lewdog 06:27 PM 07-13-2015

Ricer? I don't get it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:10 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Ricer? I don't get it.
I think they are saying my seats are boring.

Went to my first car show today. Parked next to a heavily modified Hellcat. Which was ignored for the most part.

My car was a big hit. People had heard about the Scat Pack Shaker, seen Fast and Furious 7 or watched the episode of Fast & Loud where they put the new Shaker engine into the old Scat Pack. But, they had never seen one in person. They are asking me all these questions, taking pics and discussing it with strangers while looking at my car. There were tons of very high end cars around me. It was weird.

And they loved the seats and headrests.:-)
Attached: Coffee and cars1.jpg (89.8 KB) 
[Reply]
morphius 10:27 PM 07-18-2015
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I think they are saying my seats are boring.

Went to my first car show today. Parked next to a heavily modified Hellcat. Which was ignored for the most part.

My car was a big hit. People had heard about the Scat Pack Shaker, seen Fast and Furious 7 or watched the episode of Fast & Loud where they put the new Shaker engine into the old Scat Pack. But, they had never seen one in person. They are asking me all these questions, taking pics and discussing it with strangers while looking at my car. There were tons of very high end cars around me. It was weird.

And they loved the seats and headrests.:-)
Yup, told you to leave the the shaker emblems on it, lol. Very cool.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:32 PM 07-18-2015
Ricer? I don't get it.
No.. you do get it.

Was a little tongue in cheek ricer headrest joke~
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:15 AM 07-19-2015
No.. you do get it.

Was a little tongue in cheek ricer headrest joke~
Still don't get it.:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:14 PM 07-19-2015
LOL. I bet the dude in the hellcat was miffed.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:29 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
LOL. I bet the dude in the hellcat was miffed.
...the insulation on the hood looks good.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:16 PM 07-19-2015
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...the insulation on the hood looks good.
I've got insulation under my hood just like that red Hellcat on my GT Mustang. What's it for?
[Reply]
hometeam 07:00 PM 07-19-2015
I've got insulation under my hood just like that red Hellcat on my GT Mustang. What's it for?
Hood insulation, like any insulation, is there to block noise and keep in heat so the hood paint is unaffected, as well as helping in cold weather.

It also serves as a smothering blanket underneath the hood in the event of a fire.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:12 PM 07-19-2015
Hood insulation, like any insulation, is there to block noise and keep in heat so the hood paint is unaffected, as well as helping in cold weather.

It also serves as a smothering blanket underneath the hood in the event of a fire.
Good to know. No cold here so just lessening the heat to my hood paint I guess.
[Reply]
hometeam 10:07 PM 07-20-2015
soooooooooo i have an issue.

Starter went bad last week, didn't have time until tonight to change it out. I crawled up under the car and started removing the old starter. As I did so, I noticed the short mounting tab was actually broken off of the starter, and the bolt was still in the engine block, so the starter was not connected on that side. On the other side, I started to remove the long bolt, and much to my dismay, the screw mount on the engine block for the far side fell down with the starter.. screw mounting point broken.

This is fairly common on these ls1 motors. Its because the starter torques the little tab too hard and over time it breaks the starter, the other mounting point then takes all the torque until it snaps the starter OUT of the engine block, as it breaks along the thin threaded tab.

The fix for this, is BEFORE it happens, to install the 'truck starter' which has a different mounting point on the small bolt/tab side, where you use a long bolt on that side coupled with a stronger starter design. I already had the truck starter to put in it when I found out i had a broken block mounting point.

There are TWO fixes for this.

ONE, a single guy makes a bracket, that you bolt into the location, and it mounts with the trans housing bolts, and it creates a new, permanently fixed mounting point. $370 + shipping + install

TWO, have someone weld the cast aluminium block piece back on, and retap it. unknown price, but cheaper than 400 bucks, (im thinking 1-150 IF I can find someone to do it, and IF it holds. Depending on the quality of the wed, they can last forever, or 2 months, its a crap shoot.

The dilemma is the money. I cant really afford either, since I JUST got the car tuned, and JUST put brand new wheels and tires on it, to the tune of about a grand.

My question for CP is, what do ya'll think, and does anyone even fairly local to me know a welder that can do the job right, WHILE the engine is in the car. Or even better, can someone fabricate me a bracket for much cheaper that achieves the same thing?? SAUTO???
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:21 PM 07-20-2015
I would personally go with the bracket instead of welding but that's just me..I would have a little more faith in the bracket holding up

But if it boils down to the price I would do research on some local welders and find a guy who does it and see how much it would be..you might have some luck calling farm shops who weld on all kinds of different things..maybe you can luck into someone there who would do it
[Reply]
Page 84 of 367
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up