ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 84 of 488
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I saw this a minute ago, man he would make a really good addition for the right price. Add another WR and Hooper and this offense would be insane.
I feel like TE2 is another 'build but don't buy' position.

The TE group in the draft this year is EXTREMELY muddled. At least after the Colorado State kid, who I think's probably the consensus #1.

Situations like that are when teams just kinda sit back and let guys slide. Maybe throw another 3rd day pick at someone and see if he can develop more than Gray. Or if Fortson comes back ready to rock.

I just see guys like Nicols signing for $5 million/yr and think "yeah, we could use him a LOT more than TE2 at the same figure..."
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:45 AM 03-16-2022

Good things coming y’all stay tuned..!

— King me (@sammywatkins) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:50 AM 03-16-2022
I'd be interested in Hooper IF Fortson's rehab is going to take a while.

I think the coaching staff is more than happy giving Gray that TE2 job though.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:51 AM 03-16-2022

Source: The #Browns are going to release TE Austin Hooper as a post-June-1 designation.

A 27-year-old dual-threat tight end and two-time Pro Bowler will be on the market.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 08:52 AM 03-16-2022

Teams with corner needs watching James Bradberry situation closely. Giants have been reluctant to part without compensation and have received multiple trade inquiries. But $2M of $13.4M salary guarantees at 4 p.m. Could hold onto him but decision must be made soon.

— Jeremy Fowler (@JFowlerESPN) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:53 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'd be interested in Hooper IF Fortson's rehab is going to take a while.

I think the coaching staff is more than happy giving Gray that TE2 job though.
I mean he had an achilles mid season. I doubt hes where he was when he got hurt to start the year.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:54 AM 03-16-2022
That would be a total waste of resources
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:56 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
That would be a total waste of resources
Well yeah obviously. But we don't have shit else to talk about.

I am wondering who they're going to restructure to get cap space though. Mahomes is an obvious one but I wonder if they'd do Thuney as well.
[Reply]
O.city 08:57 AM 03-16-2022
You've got Gray and Fortson at TE2, develop them more.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:57 AM 03-16-2022

I am wondering who they're going to restructure to get cap space though. Mahomes is an obvious one but I wonder if they'd do Thuney as well.
Exactly.

We could discuss Sammy Watkins, for example. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:00 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I mean he had an achilles mid season. I doubt hes where he was when he got hurt to start the year.
No, but it would give Gray time to develop and potentially make his own mark. I also think they're still fans of the Belldozer.

I think calling Austin Hooper a 'dual threat' TE is a bit of an overstatement. He's mostly just a throwback sort of possession TE who's not a particular good blocker.

George Kittle is a 'dual threat' tight end. Austin Hooper is an upscaled Blake Jarwin.

Meh.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 AM 03-16-2022

We need to speak Allen Robinson into existence
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:01 AM 03-16-2022

We could continue to talk about solid, under the radar players that are going to sign for relatively cheap with other teams. That's been fun the last couple of days.

All so we can continue playing footsie with Allen Robinson, I guess.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:02 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
We need to speak Allen Robinson into existence
The longer this goes....the more I think it's not going to happen. He wants a QB, money and a shot at being a WR1. If the Falcons get Watson....he's going there.

Now if the Saints get Watson....then who knows where he goes at this point. The Saints won't be able to afford him. He could still go to Atlanta and team up with the corpse of Matt Ryan but I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:03 AM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No, but it would give Gray time to develop and potentially make his own mark. I also think they're still fans of the Belldozer.

I think calling Austin Hooper a 'dual threat' TE is a bit of an overstatement. He's mostly just a throwback sort of possession TE who's not a particular good blocker.

George Kittle is a 'dual threat' tight end. Austin Hooper is an upscaled Blake Jarwin.

Meh.
I'm more than good with giving the opportunity to Gray. I wish he was a bit bigger, but if he or Fortson end up being a decent blocker we are sitting pretty good.
[Reply]
Page 84 of 488
« First < 34748081828384 8586878894134184 > Last »
Up