ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 110
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:18 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m cool with figuring out how to stop shootings of a single person as well.
Yep, its all against the law.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:20 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That would be an absolute nightmare scenario. You’d have so many variables in play. You could miss and hit an innocent bystander; you could get shot by another CC holder or a cop; you could get attacked by others in the crowd. Honestly I don’t think I’d take that shot unless the killer was right in my face. But if I had to, immediately after firing I’d reholster and put my hands in the air. And hope for the best.
Unfortunately there are people who look at it like it’s their dream to be able to stop that. Those people would be happy to play Rambo.

But I’m sure someone will tell me that those people don’t exist.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:20 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Yep, its all against the law.
And how many people have guns but probably shouldn’t?
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:23 PM 02-15-2024
Unfortunately there are people who look at it like it’s their dream to be able to stop that. Those people would be happy to play Rambo.

But I’m sure someone will tell me that those people don’t exist.
There's not anything wrong with a person being prepared and ready to defend themselves and others. Right? Most concealed carry folks have shot their gun hundreds of times and are prepared for the worst. I don't know if they would look forward to having to use their weapon, but they wouldn't hesitate to do so if they needed to use it. There may be even some of those who would relish at the opportunity to take someone out who trying to take innocent life, but yet they would never take an innocent life themselves. There's a big difference.
[Reply]
DCTwister 09:24 PM 02-15-2024
Thanks for the answers to my question - makes sense.
[Reply]
KsBubba 09:25 PM 02-15-2024
People with concealed carry permits I have little worry with.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:27 PM 02-15-2024
There's not anything wrong with a person being prepared and ready to defend themselves and others. Right? Most concealed carry folks have shot their gun hundreds of times and are prepared for the worst. I don't know if they would look forward to having to use their weapon, but they wouldn't hesitate to do so if they needed to use it. There may be even some of those who would relish at the opportunity to take someone out who trying to take innocent life, but yet they would never take an innocent life themselves. There's a big difference.
If they’re trained? No issues. But I’ve seen plenty of people that look at their gun as an extension of their dick. Ready to whip that out and show how badass they can be. I don’t need those guys trying to keep people safe. He’ll end up shooting and killing an innocent person.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:29 PM 02-15-2024

Not sure of your question here? This country allows for any law abiding citizen with a clean record to own a firearm. Most at least know how to shoot it and have no nefarious intent and have it for self defense. Many criminals have guns illegally and would continue to do so no matter the law. Criminals use the guns for nefarious purposes.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:30 PM 02-15-2024
If they’re trained? No issues. But I’ve seen plenty of people that look at their gun as an extension of their dick. Ready to whip that out and show how badass they can be. I don’t need those guys trying to keep people safe. He’ll end up shooting and killing an innocent person.
So you know PLENTY of people just whipping their guns out? Come on...
[Reply]
Raiderhater 09:31 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
I guess if you are still engaged with the shooter when the cops come, taking cover etc. unsafe to put your gun down yet, that’s more what I wondered about. Just wondering.
Outside of being in a situation like yesterday where there are cops all over the place, most shooting scenarios are going to be over pretty quickly one way or the other if the threat is actually engaged by an opposing shooter. It’s highly unlikely that a CCW individual is going to be carrying enough rounds to participate in a 10+ minute shoot out - they’ll either succeed or be dead themselves by time the authorities arrive on the scene.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:32 PM 02-15-2024
Look. I know you're trying to stay within the lines here. But I also know you have a strong opinion and perspective. There's a thread in DC if your intent is to debate stuff like this.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:32 PM 02-15-2024
So you know PLENTY of people just whipping their guns out? Come on...
The internet exists.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Look. I know you're trying to stay within the lines here. But I also know you have a strong opinion and perspective. There's a thread in DC if your intent is to debate stuff like this.
I’m good. That was my last post.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:39 PM 02-15-2024
I’m good. That was my last post.
If you were at the parade yesterday, you probably past many many people carrying. Those who "whip it out to show how big their dicks are" are probably not long for criminal charges. It is the small minority of gun owners and they would not be considered responsible gun owners.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 09:40 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Here's the video when the shots rang out. It actually says [shots] in the CC. You can clearly see the empty stage behind the reporters shoulder. People were already exiting.

Again. This is at 1:53. They’re still on stage

Here’s the video

2:52:08 Cops getting them off stage

2:52:28. (1:53). Music goes off

2:52:50 Schafer looks over Still on stage

2:52:55. Crowd running

2:53:08. Lady looking over. Still on stage

https://www.youtube.com/live/9dsbmUK...gy6B7ULtB0DtId
Attached: 9E9D75C0-496A-4DD7-A034-52EC5BF8A7E4.jpg (38.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 83 of 110
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793 > Last »
Up