ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 185
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Best22 11:41 PM 09-08-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Not unfounded, either. He didn't play particularly well, but I think he's going to trust the new guys much more than the former "group."
He seemed to trust them pretty well in the Bills playoff game

Historically, Mahomes isn’t a guy who will go into a shell because his receivers suck, or because they’ve been making mistakes. He’d keep firing, he’s a gunslinger at heart

That’s why that AFCCG performance was inexplicable
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:01 AM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
God almighty, look at that play at 26:14. Tie game, start of the 4th quarter. Feels a little pressure and spins out of it. He has a 30 yard throw to Hill that he's looking right at.

He's made that play how many times in his career? At LEAST a dozen times. That's a pitch and catch for him, especially since he found clean air. He was out there with all kinds of space and time. It's just a step and fire and you have a chance to grab the momentum back.

Don't watch that video if you're squeamish because honestly, as bad as I remember Patrick playing - he was worse. He wasn't just leaving 10/12 yard gains out there. He was leaving 40 yarders on the field. And most of them were fantastic catch/run play design plays where he didn't need to throw the ball more than 15-20 yards and someone was going to have it with room to operate downfield.

It's just completely inexplicable and at times you can hear it in O'Sullivan's voice. He's as confused as the rest of us. The game just suddenly looked to fast for him. Damndest thing I've ever seen in sports honestly.
Not trying to hijack this thread anymore than we already have, but kind of a reverse-angle note on that video: am I seeing things, or was CIN actually committing up to 5 defenders to stopping Kelce at times? Check the video in the 1st or second play analysis; the defender at the bottom of the screen sure looks like his assignment is to pay Kelce as he crosses the field. From the snap he's looking right at him, or so t seems.

Except he's lined up on the other side of the formation? And there are several other plays in that video where it looks like CIN decided to essentially box Kelce with 3-4 guys whenever the Chiefs were inside the 25-yd line. Not sure I've ever seen any defense in 40+ years devote that much manpower to stopping anyone, outside of Barry Sanders.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:01 PM 09-09-2022

[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:03 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Spoiler:

1. He
2. Plays
3. For
4. The
5. Kansas
6. City
7. Chiefs
8. My
9. Favorite
10. Team
[Reply]
BossChief 07:30 PM 09-09-2022
He will get redrafted in the top 4 picks a year from now and McDuffie will be top 10.

I think he gets a sack on his first pass rush rep and ends his rookie year with 11 sacks.
[Reply]
kcmaxwell 09:03 PM 09-09-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He will get redrafted in the top 4 picks a year from now and McDuffie will be top 10.

I think he gets a sack on his first pass rush rep and ends his rookie year with 11 sacks.
Hells yes! DROTY, Skyy Moore OROTY, first time in league history!(I have no idea if thats true.)
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:26 PM 09-09-2022
There are way too many rookies in good situations for Skyy to get OROTY but I know I targeted him in dynasty PPR because he's going to catch a shit load of passes once Pat realizes how quickly he gets open every play
[Reply]
Bowser 09:55 AM 09-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The problem is that there is just nobody that benefits from it.

The league doesn't want the Bengals in the SB over the Chiefs. You couldn't pay Mahomes enough to throw that game. And he's too competitive to sabotage it out of spite (as the Bieniemy rumor suggested).

That core group has been together long enough that I can't see internal tension/strife exploding in the locker room.

I think he just got in his own head and for the first time in his career looked young. He looked sped up.
There were rumors of Mahomes and Bieniemy going at each other hardcore in the locker room at halftime, so much that allegedly Reid had to step in. Would explain Mahomes' head not in the game if true, I'd say.

Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He looked like a guy who expected something to go wrong. Like he expected their early season demons that plagued them for half the year to return. So he protected. Protected way too much.

I think there was a legit lack of trust that his receivers would hold onto the ball.
I firmly believe that if Mahomes hands off to McKinnon on that last play before halftime we win the game. Nobody on that Bengals defense expected a draw play and it was wide open for a touchdown, but Mahomes tried to force it to Hill laterally down the line that lost yardage. Supposedly Bieniemy told him in his helmet he had one more time out to use, which led to the locker room blowup. All allegedly, of course.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:45 PM 09-10-2022
“He has a motor like no other.” - C.Jones
[Reply]
RunKC 10:01 AM 09-13-2022
Really pleased with Karlaftis. He also had a batted pass

Five players had 5+ hurries in Week 1

THREE of them were @Chiefs

CHRIS JONES 6
MICHAEL DANNA 6
GEORGE KARLAFTIS 5
Maxx Crosby 5
Odafe Oweh 5 pic.twitter.com/V9YCQBpQ2r

— NFL on CBS �� (@NFLonCBS) September 13, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Really pleased with Karlaftis. He also had a batted pass

Who's that #1 guy, I can't read very well.
[Reply]
In58men 10:13 AM 09-13-2022

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 09-13-2022
The Cullen effect
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:16 AM 09-13-2022
Love this kid. Absolutely love him. My favorite draft pick since Mahomes.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 10:18 AM 09-13-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Who's that #1 guy, I can't read very well.
Not Frank Clark
[Reply]
Page 83 of 185
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133183 > Last »
Up