ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 110
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Shooting at the parade
Otter 01:53 PM 02-14-2024

Just like #ChiefsKingdom has always been there for me and my family, we want to be there for them.❤️

The @Chiefs have launched #KCStrong, an emergency response fund supporting victims and their families, violence prevention and mental health services, and first responders.… pic.twitter.com/sYMnPgCWL0

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) February 16, 2024

Friendly mod reminder, this thread is about yesterday's shooting. Not about gun control, gun laws, politics, or anything of that nature. If you need everyone to know what's wrong in this world and how you'd fix it, grab your megaphone and soapbox and take it to DC, thanks.
[Reply]
DCTwister 08:16 PM 02-15-2024
For you concealed carry guys, a question. Let’s say you are legally carrying and shit goes down and you need to use your weapon to defend yourself, discharge it etc. What is the protocol to let the cops know you aren’t the lunatic, so you don’t get shot by accident in the chaos?
[Reply]
KingPriest2 08:21 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Also to note, there was some argument earlier in this thread as to whether the players were still on the stage at the time of the shooting. You can see in my pic above that the stage was indeed clear before 2pm. There was still music playing very loudly though.
They were still on stage

Look at Schaffer looking in that direction. When it was happening. You see players on the stage
Attached: C76C9E9D-45EE-48EB-A626-320275A5DC23.jpg (32.6 KB) 
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:27 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think the most downtrodden place I've ever visited was Varanasi, India. I would've washed my hands constantly if I could've found any clean water.

It made me curious what the life expectancy is there, and it's the lowest in India. It's in Uttar Pradesh state:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...tancy_at_birth

It's actually still higher than I expected at roughly 67. I was expecting it to be in the 50s. Man, that place was rough.
It's spiritually the most auspicious place to die for a Hindu, so in that sense it's less of a bad thing. Did you see the burning ghats on the Ganges?
[Reply]
KingPriest2 08:40 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:
Also to note, there was some argument earlier in this thread as to whether the players were still on the stage at the time of the shooting. You can see in my pic above that the stage was indeed clear before 2pm. There was still music playing very loudly though.
This was at 1:53. Players still on stage. Music just stopped 30 seconds earlier
Attached: 0F8E8E12-0019-44A0-B9EF-C62A22BA55C8.jpg (38.0 KB) 
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:49 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by DCTwister:
For you concealed carry guys, a question. Let’s say you are legally carrying and shit goes down and you need to use your weapon to defend yourself, discharge it etc. What is the protocol to let the cops know you aren’t the lunatic, so you don’t get shot by accident in the chaos?
Well, if you eliminate the threat then you would put your gun down and wait for police to arrive. However, there is risk for your own life that the cops may shoot you, but if they see what you see, they are also engaging the target. rarely would their be cops nearby in most of these situations. I would rather have a gun and try to defend myself then just charging at a gunmen to try to save others or my family.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:54 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You can always pass a law that bans open carry in schools, courthouses and government buildings like Oregon has.
The law already exists.

Not that criminals care, or that it somehow would have prevented minor gang bangers from settling a score in front of a million people.
[Reply]
DCTwister 08:59 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Well, if you eliminate the threat then you would put your gun down and wait for police to arrive. However, there is risk for your own life that the cops may shoot you, but if they see what you see, they are also engaging the target. rarely would their be cops nearby in most of these situations. I would rather have a gun and try to defend myself then just charging at a gunmen to try to save others or my family.
I guess if you are still engaged with the shooter when the cops come, taking cover etc. unsafe to put your gun down yet, that’s more what I wondered about. Just wondering.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:06 PM 02-15-2024
WTF!? A gang shooting?

What was the plan? Shoot a rival in front of 600k people and run away?
[Reply]
DaFace 09:09 PM 02-15-2024
I guess if you are still engaged with the shooter when the cops come, taking cover etc. unsafe to put your gun down yet, that’s more what I wondered about. Just wondering.
It can be a challenge for sure. A guy in Arvada, CO took down an active shooter in 2021. The cops showed up, saw a guy with a gun, and shot him. Sad deal all around

https://www.cpr.org/2023/09/28/arvad...er-settlement/
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by ghak99:
The law already exists.

Not that criminals care, or that it somehow would have prevented minor gang bangers from settling a score in front of a million people.
Once again….never said it would. But let’s act like gang shootings are the only shootings that are happening.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:13 PM 02-15-2024
That would be an absolute nightmare scenario. You’d have so many variables in play. You could miss and hit an innocent bystander; you could get shot by another CC holder or a cop; you could get attacked by others in the crowd. Honestly I don’t think I’d take that shot unless the killer was right in my face. But if I had to, immediately after firing I’d reholster and put my hands in the air. And hope for the best.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:14 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Once again….never said it would. But let’s act like gang shootings are the only shootings that are happening.
Well, they are by far the majority of mass shootings.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:17 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Well, they are by far the majority of mass shootings.
I’m cool with figuring out how to stop shootings of a single person as well.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:17 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That would be an absolute nightmare scenario. You’d have so many variables in play. You could miss and hit an innocent bystander; you could get shot by another CC holder or a cop; you could get attacked by others in the crowd. Honestly I don’t think I’d take that shot unless the killer was right in my face. But if I had to, immediately after firing I’d reholster and put my hands in the air. And hope for the best.
Yep, it would be a crappy situation but at least you would have a chance to stop someone from shooting hundreds. If that was an active shooting looking to cause havoc yesterday, the death toll would have been huge unless some brave person, cop or CC holder could eliminate the threat.
[Reply]
Fish 09:17 PM 02-15-2024
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
This was at 1:53. Players still on stage. Music just stopped 30 seconds earlier
Here's the video when the shots rang out. It actually says [shots] in the CC. You can clearly see the empty stage behind the reporters shoulder. People were already exiting.

[Reply]
Page 82 of 110
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up