ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 333
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Pablo 05:52 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Sure was
You can’t win ‘em all.
[Reply]
poolboy 06:09 PM 04-23-2023
Where is our road forward, how can we move the needle off zero?
I just dont see it with Sherman as the owner
[Reply]
crayzkirk 07:19 PM 04-23-2023
Team struggles to score runs and struggles preventing other teams from scoring.

5-17; 1 win at home, 4 on the road. This is sad. Pitching is average and hitting is below average.

Listening on the radio is slightly less painful than watching.
[Reply]
poolboy 08:14 PM 04-23-2023
somebody needs to take control of this franchise before we are the Oakland As
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:27 PM 04-23-2023
Home records

Tampa 13-0
KC 1-12
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:11 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
somebody needs to take control of this franchise before we are the Oakland As
The Oakland A's have a formula that works when they try. They have 15 winning seasons in the last 25 years.

The Royals have four during that time span.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:54 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
The Oakland A's have a formula that works when they try. They have 15 winning seasons in the last 25 years.

The Royals have four during that time span.
I'll take the World Series flag out in left field over what the A's have done in the last 25 years.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:04 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'll take the World Series flag out in left field over what the A's have done in the last 25 years.
No doubt.

The championship is why they play.

You play for the parade.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:08 PM 04-23-2023
Big parts of the formula we used to win it all are now against the current rules of the MLB. I'm not sure Dayton ever adapted since he no longer had the head start or advantage in international scouting and his drafting was always suspect (to put it kindly).

Whether or not our front office can emulate other small market teams is going to be the make or break question. I would not be surprised if members at the top would not mind a couple of Top 3 picks in the draft to get centerpieces for the new era. Whether or not they can sell the folks of Kansas City on funding a new stadium with such a dismal performance on the field remains to be seen.

Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
No doubt.

The championship is why they play.

You play for the parade.
"It's just a piece of metal" - MLB's current commissioner.
[Reply]
poolboy 10:21 PM 04-23-2023

As are in the tank...check out what they have been going thru
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:03 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
As are in the tank...check out what they have been going thru
Oakland is a shit hole and the franchise needs a legit market and stadium. MLB put them in Oakland because they hated Finley and should have let them move to Denver in the late 70s.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:05 PM 04-23-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Whether or not they can sell the folks of Kansas City on funding a new stadium with such a dismal performance on the field remains to be seen.
Stadium vote will be tied in with the Chiefs since the funding will come from the same source for both. KC will not vote down Patrick Mahomes and the Royals will get to piggyback off that.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:50 PM 04-23-2023
Oakland is a shit hole and the franchise needs a legit market and stadium. MLB put them in Oakland because they hated Finley and should have let them move to Denver in the late 70s.
The A's were third to last in baseball in attendance in 1974, coming off two championships! The Giants were dead last.

They did draw decent in the Billy Martin years and their best days drawing fans were during the heyday of Canseco and McGwire.

They're going to get the legit stadium in Las Vegas. I do think moving to Las Vegas is a risk for the A's in terms of television revenue. While they were in a top five TV market in MLB in the Bay Area, their media rights earnings weren't on the level of the Giants. The A's didn't even have a radio contract in recent years, putting all their radio games on the MLB.TV app (A's Cast).

Obviously, MLB TV rights are changing with 2/3 of the RSNs in limbo, but Joe Sheehan compared to Las Vegas' TV market to a hot Milwaukee. It's basically Las Vegas and Reno. Maybe Salt Lake City but Dale Murphy and an ownership group are trying to bring an expansion team to SLC, too.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:39 AM 04-24-2023
As to how the team can turn it around… it starts with draft and development as always.

If Piccolo’s staff subscribes to the camp of not drafting HS pitching high, that would help. We’ll see more on that in the upcoming draft.

I think the next step is getting young stars extended. I’d be working on it with Witt and Pasquantino so that you have some long-term stability.
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:43 AM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Who's taking Bubic's spot in the rotation?
Would love to go to the Wednesday afternoon game but if its the difference between seeing Singer Tuesday night vs someone like Yarbrough Wednesday afternoon then I might go Tuesday night.

Fuck who am I kidding, its not going to matter.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 333
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692132182 > Last »
Up