ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 82 of 95
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 04:23 PM 06-23-2022
Cheapest ticket tomorrow night is $1300 and lower level is $2200.

A little disappointed seeing the Avalanche release tickets that are $2500-5000 in the lower level, even for singles... I'm sure you could make them non transferable or something... instead of choosing rape.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:15 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

A little disappointed seeing the Avalanche release tickets that are $2500-5000 in the lower level, even for singles... I'm sure you could make them non transferable or something... instead of choosing rape.
That place is gonna go ballistic tomorrow night. Beyond electric. Wish I still lived there. Thought about flying up, but decided to just watch it here.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:14 PM 06-23-2022

I'd almost pay it if I could be guaranteed to watch them raise the cup. I'm nowhere rich enough to pay that kind of money to watch them lose though.
[Reply]
Rain Man 06:41 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'd almost pay it if I could be guaranteed to watch them raise the cup. I'm nowhere rich enough to pay that kind of money to watch them lose though.
I've been thinking that I should make sure you know that they're in the finals. I'm glad you knew about it.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:23 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
That place is gonna go ballistic tomorrow night. Beyond electric. Wish I still lived there. Thought about flying up, but decided to just watch it here.
Hell, for the cost of a flight and spending a few days there, I'd almost do one of those huge watch parties near the arena and stick around for game 7 if needed.

I don't think I could spend $1200 on upper level seats though.... I'd have to splurge for the lower level seats, and holy shit. That's more expensive per ticket than I paid for a pair to game 7 of the World Series. And like 6 times AFCCG tickets.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:29 PM 06-23-2022
The thing is hockey is one of those sports that is much better watched in person. So much going on the camera doesn't catch. I know that's the way it is with most sports but hockey loses so much more on tv than others.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:39 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
The thing is hockey is one of those sports that is much better watched in person. So much going on the camera doesn't catch. I know that's the way it is with most sports but hockey loses so much more on tv than others.
Yeah, I love live hockey.. had season tickets to the Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks D1 hockey for years and would go to more Yotes games if they were any good (still try to catch the Avalanche every year though).

Sat 12th row to the Avalanche/Blues game 5, this was MacKinnon's hat trick that would have perfectly ended the series if it weren't for those meddling kids.

[Reply]
DaFace 08:42 PM 06-23-2022
Yeah, I love live hockey.. had season tickets to the Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks D1 hockey for years and would go to more Yotes games if they were any good (still try to catch the Avalanche every year though).

Sat 12th row to the Avalanche/Blues game 5, this was MacKinnon's hat trick that would have perfectly ended the series if it weren't for those meddling kids.

At the Tivoli watch party yesterday, we were wondering if we would toss our hats on the stage if someone got a hat trick. Alas, didn't figure out the answer.
[Reply]
Fish 08:42 PM 06-23-2022

Dang. Jealous.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:47 PM 06-23-2022
The watch parties are definitely fun for what they are. The stadium is my preference just because it's tough to be loud outside, but the Tivoli is like a street fair with a shit ton of people there. We'll be headed to the latter again tomorrow.

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:10 PM 06-23-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Dang. Jealous.
It was tough to shake the Chiefs/Bengals vibes after they were worked in the 3rd and lost in OT, but a perfect spot to sit just above the ice, and seeing those guys live is always great.

MacKinnon's hat trick goal is right up there with Mahomes' long touchdown run just before halftime against the Titans in the AFCCG... your best player forcing his will. And that place was rocking after that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 PM 06-23-2022
The watch parties are definitely fun for what they are. The stadium is my preference just because it's tough to be loud outside, but the Tivoli is like a street fair with a shit ton of people there. We'll be headed to the latter again tomorrow.
And with those insanely large scoreboards, you could definitely sit upper deck or just about anywhere and be good. It actually felt like I was sitting too close to it. :-)
[Reply]
DaFace 09:17 PM 06-23-2022
And with those insanely large scoreboards, you could definitely sit upper deck or just about anywhere and be good. It actually felt like I was sitting too close to it. :-)
The corners and close to the glass get a little weird, but yeah, the screens are huge. I'm actually not sure why they haven't been opening the upper deck. Seems like they could give people some better views up there than in the corners.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:18 PM 06-23-2022
BTW how crazy is it that it's been almost a month since that Blues game. It's crazy how long the playoffs are.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:20 PM 06-23-2022
The corners and close to the glass get a little weird, but yeah, the screens are huge. I'm actually not sure why they haven't been opening the upper deck. Seems like they could give people some better views up there than in the corners.
Oh, I didn't notice that in the video, but see that now to the right... yeah, that's strange.
[Reply]
Page 82 of 95
« First < 32727879808182 8384858692 > Last »
Up