ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 81 of 163
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:23 AM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, I went outside and it is freaking beautiful out, there is very little wind and the sun's out, so come shoot my deer!
Shit. Winds shifted, straight-line NW. Gotta be 25 mph gusts. It is humid too, btw. Man, I'm going to be in Wichita for x-mas. Maybe I need to get a late-season muzzle-loader permit and take a little drive out to see you.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:24 AM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Shit. Winds shifted, straight-line NW. Gotta be 25 mph gusts. It is humid too, btw. Man, I'm going to be in Wichita for x-mas. Maybe I need to get a late-season muzzle-loader permit and take a little drive out to see you.
Posted via Mobile Device
You have a portable heater, suck it up. Be a man and climb 25 feet up in the air and sit still for the next 7 hours.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:26 AM 11-13-2011
Posted via Mobile Device
Damn dude. I had to go off and say it didn't I :-).

Come on out bud.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:33 AM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
You have a portable heater, suck it up. Be a man and climb 25 feet up in the air and sit still for the next 7 hours.
:-), I'm on top of a huge hill that overlooks several ravines. I'm about 300 feet above the valleys. The wind is relentless. I'm close to saying fuck this and pussing out. I've sat in some miserable conditions but wind is the worst.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:14 AM 11-14-2011
Shitty weekend. Startled by a heard of deer deep in the shit. Shot a nice sized doe. Tracked her, she seemed to bleed really well...then she just stopped bleeding. Lost the trail. I HATE that...
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 08:15 AM 11-14-2011
:-), I'm on top of a huge hill that overlooks several ravines. I'm about 300 feet above the valleys. The wind is relentless. I'm close to saying **** this and pussing out. I've sat in some miserable conditions but wind is the worst.
Posted via Mobile Device
Hunting in the wind like we had in NE yesterday is pointless. they are all laying down in the thickest of shit. Might as well not even bother.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:33 AM 11-14-2011
I just got the score on my archery buck. 150 5/8.
[Reply]
eazyb81 08:36 AM 11-14-2011
Didn't see one damn deer on Saturday or Sunday. Sucks. Course the other guys in our group saw a ton in their stand a ways down. Weather was too damn warm in mid MO, IMO.
[Reply]
Lono 08:43 AM 11-14-2011
Got my first bow kill on Friday a little 4 pt buck. Wouldn't have shot but since it was my first kill and I had no meat yet, i took him. Killed a doe Sunday morning. Headed to northern Missouri next weekend. Going to buck hunt there.
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:49 AM 11-14-2011
I thought i could have 5 doe tags and 1 buck. Turns out it's only 4 does and 1 buck which means i'm done for the year now.

Anyone need a guide? lol
[Reply]
Gonzo 09:12 AM 11-14-2011
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
Hunting in the wind like we had in NE yesterday is pointless. they are all laying down in the thickest of shit. Might as well not even bother.
Yep, I saw a few yesterday morning but nothing worth taking. I can shoot a doe anytime but I don't need to.

I'll try again next weekend, (maybe).
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
frankotank 10:28 AM 11-15-2011

[Reply]
Sofa King 10:29 AM 11-15-2011
lol
[Reply]
Fish 10:54 AM 11-15-2011
Pheasant hunting was pretty terrible this year in western Kansas. Between the summer drought and the couple hail storms that hit the area, it really decimated the pheasant population. Last season, we ended up with 54 birds on opening day. This season, we ended up with 4 on opening day.

Saw a very cool fight between a couple bucks though. Headed to a field, and drove by 2 bucks fighting like hell not 50 yards away from us. They went at it for quite a while before the smaller buck ran the bigger one off. Pretty neat to watch.
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 11:05 AM 11-15-2011
Yep, I saw a few yesterday morning but nothing worth taking. I can shoot a doe anytime but I don't need to.

I'll try again next weekend, (maybe).
Posted via Mobile Device
heh. I only really get to go out the opening weekend, though I am going back out on Thursday. I need the meat, so I'll pretty much shoot anything. It's hard as hell to find land to hunt, and the CRP is hit and miss as far as crowdedness goes...sometimes a bunch of hunters, sometimes not.l It's a crapshoot.
[Reply]
Page 81 of 163
« First < 31717778798081 8283848591131 > Last »
Up